UO not responding

Emperor Kamal Zog

UO not responding

Post by Emperor Kamal Zog »

Ok, this is a new development that has started this morning. What happens is every time I login (rather it be by proxy or not) The game freezes while it is "connecting"..This is quickly followed by a "Not responding"
message. If I let it run thru this it always will eventually say "Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again ion a few minutes." Does anybody know this shit is?

Derrick

Re: UO not responding

Post by Derrick »

This can happen if the UO client cannot reach the shard. It's not very resoponsive when trying to connect.

Ensure that you have the correct servername and port in razor: login.uosecondage.com 2593
If it's not this, you may be having some sort of DNS issues, or perhaps a router problem.

Please repost if this doesn't help.
Welcome to the forums! I am hopful that we can fix your issue fast.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Also, try this link, it can help detect a dns hijack: http://dns-ok.us/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Emperor Kamal Zog

Post by Emperor Kamal Zog »

Hey, thanks Derrick. I don't know what was going on there..but everything appears to be OK now. Look-forward to playing on this server.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Emperor Kamal Zog wrote:Hey, thanks Derrick. I don't know what was going on there..but everything appears to be OK now. Look-forward to playing on this server.
Thanks for the follow up, and welcome to Second Age!

bishyaler

Post by bishyaler »

Hey guys so I just moved out to Illinois from CA and I've started to get this problem on a new ISP.

I can connect to every website I've tried on the internet, youtube, gmail, reddit, microsoft, etc. so I'm skeptical it's the ISP's problem, but every single time I try and connect to UOSA the uoclient freezes at the connecting screen and just sits there until it eventually times out.

Any ideas?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Are you using software from the new ISP? If so it could have some sort of firewall installed blocking port 2593. If you can find me in IRC I can be of much more assistance in tracking down a problem. Other then feel free to keep posting here or pm me.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

bishyaler

Post by bishyaler »

I'm not using any ISP software. I'm connected to a Netgear wireless router.

I've tried pinging uosecondage.com in cmd prompt and get 100% packet loss. But I can access the uosecondage.com in my browser fine.

edit: I should also mention I was having the same problem trying to connect to Aim.com through pidgin client, and I looked up that problem on google, someone suggested changing the port to 443 and that fixed my problem connecting to pidgin.

Maybe it's something similiar?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

First easiest test is remove the router .. Wire the modem directly to the computer reboot modem and computer. Check and make sure computer is setup correctly for direct connection (see if you are online), if so try and connect to the shard. If you can connect then let me know what kind of router you are using and if its a fresh copy of the firmware as it sounds like your have a firewall on the router up or some other port forwarding going on. If you need help setting your computer up to work with a direct connection plug router back in reboot computer modem and router and then pm me and I'll assist with that. If you can get online without the router but not to the shard let me know that also as I at that point might want you to check a few other things as well as maybe calling your ISP and giving you the right questions to ask them.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy