Music/Wave Volume

Nefarity

Music/Wave Volume

Post by Nefarity »

Hey there

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but I'll give it a shot. My problem is as follows. When I reduce music volume in the game client, it actually reduces my Wave sound output in general. This produces a number of problems such as people in TeamSpeak, which also uses Wave Sound Output, being more quiet as well.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue? It would be much appreciated.

So long,
Nef

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Music/Wave Volume

Post by Batlin »

Disable music.

The effect you speak of is a direct result of Dagon's music patch.
The original client used MIDI causing other issues on Windows 7 PC's.

Another option would be to use a later client which come natively with digital music and does not suffer the issue you speak off.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

But i want to hear music while playing, that's why I brought it up in the first place. Is there any way to remove Dagon's music patch? I'm still using Windows XP, so I should be fine.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

disable music and play the music in another program. it wont sync with the client like if you went in and out of war mode but its the best solution i can think of.

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

That's actually not the worst idea. I could just make a playlist with my favorite UO music and run it while playing.

Thx, I will do that for now. Maybe someone will come up with a solution sometime.