OT: Losing connection every morning

Rykker

OT: Losing connection every morning

Post by Rykker »

This is off topic. After Derrick reboots the servers around 7:15, I log back in before leaving for work (around 7:30ish). By the time I Get to work (around 7:50), I've lost connection. When I get home, I've been disconnected from UO, IRC, etc, so it is something with my ISP.

Should I call them or do cable companies sometimes do routine resets or something? It kills 9 hours of macroing..

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: OT: Losing connection every morning

Post by Soma »

If you are being disconnected from IRC and UO it is definitely something with your computer/ISP. The first thing you should check is that your network card is not being turned off when the computer goes to sleep mode. You can do this by going into your Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Dble Click your Network Adapter ->Power Managment -> "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

If for whatever reason this doesn't work and if you have a computer at your job/school or a smart phone, I'd suggest using a remote desktop method to allow you to start up your macros again. You can google how to use the microsoftRDP if you are somewhat tech-savvy it should be pretty simple, otherwise you can download a software alternative which allows you to access your computer, one such as TeamViewer. Note that this method wont work at all if your network card is shutting off.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Soma wrote:If you are being disconnected from IRC and UO it is definitely something with your computer/ISP. The first thing you should check is that your network card is not being turned off when the computer goes to sleep mode. You can do this by going into your Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Dble Click your Network Adapter ->Power Managment -> "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

If for whatever reason this doesn't work and if you have a computer at your job/school or a smart phone, I'd suggest using a remote desktop method to allow you to start up your macros again. You can google how to use the microsoftRDP if you are somewhat tech-savvy it should be pretty simple, otherwise you can download a software alternative which allows you to access your computer, one such as TeamViewer. Note that this method wont work at all if your network card is shutting off.
My computer doesn't go to sleep when I have UO running. If I go home at lunch and start macroing again, I macro just fine the rest of the day/night. Something is happening every morning between 7:30 and 8. So weird.

I will look into TeamViewer or RDP.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Maybe could run and log ping -t to narrow down when your getting dc'ed

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Itachi
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Itachi »

If you are using a wifi connection, I would check your router or wireless card (try swapping with an alt if you can) to diagnose.