Losing connection on 1 client, but not the other...

Scorpz

Losing connection on 1 client, but not the other...

Post by Scorpz »

Hey,

Currently having an issue where 1 of my clients for some reason loses connection, but the other is absolutely fine.
Both are running macro's in Razor (Client 1 is self casting magery to raise, while Client 2 is healing the char in Client 1). But for some reason Client 1 who is casting magery is losing connection now and again. I just had it happen twice in the space of 3 minutes.

I thought at first it was an isp issue when it was happening to me with just 1 client running, but now I've got 2 on the go and it only happening to Client 1 is confusing me as to why it's happening. Surely if it was an ISP issue they would both lose connection?

I have already got power saving turned off on everything (that includes the wireless saving mode, although the fact Client 2 stays connected kind of nullifies this).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Losing connection on 1 client, but not the other...

Post by Hicha »

Are you getting any type of errors from the client, like pop-up windows saying DirectSound Error?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Scorpz

Post by Scorpz »

Nothing at all, just the simple lost connection tick box in the client. I disabled the music ingame after reading it can cause a few problems as I'm running Win7 64bit ultimate.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Bit baffling, I have had this happen to me a few times but it's not a recurring thing that happens often. Is it always the client in the background, or sometimes the one you are actually playing actively on?

Do you have smart CPU reduction unticked in Razor? Just wondering if it could be something to do with your client going into "sleep" mode.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Scorpz

Post by Scorpz »

nightshark wrote:Bit baffling, I have had this happen to me a few times but it's not a recurring thing that happens often. Is it always the client in the background, or sometimes the one you are actually playing actively on?

Do you have smart CPU reduction unticked in Razor? Just wondering if it could be something to do with your client going into "sleep" mode.
It's actually the client in the foreground that it happens to, the one in the background stays connected.

the smart CPU reduction is ticked in Razor, should I untick it and see if that helps then? is it something that I need to have ticked?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Scorpz wrote:the smart CPU reduction is ticked in Razor, should I untick it and see if that helps then? is it something that I need to have ticked?
Yes.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter