Game freezing when I switch to auto map or uosa wiki

Soleil

Game freezing when I switch to auto map or uosa wiki

Post by Soleil »

I just noticed I have trouble explaining my problem with the game since my windows isn't in English. But I'll try my best explaining.

I did some sailing recently and opened auto map to find my way around Britannia. The problem is that the game freezes very often when I switch back from Auto map to the game. The same thing also happens when I'm checking the wiki or the forum while playing. The games seems to freeze while I'm doing that and when I get back it doesn't react anymore and most of the time I have to completely restart the game.

I know my "technical english vocabulary" is kinda limited but I hope someone can help me. If my message isn't clear just ask. l'll try my best to explain the situation.

Thx in advance. :-)

Missy B

Re: Game freezing when I switch to auto map or uosa wiki

Post by Missy B »

are you playing the game in full screen mode or window mode? full screen mode is when you hit alt+enter and you cant see the title bar anymore.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Game freezing when I switch to auto map or uosa wiki

Post by the bazookas »

This issue happens in Windows 7 due to the "Aero" desktop theme (a new "feature" that makes the titlebars of various windows transparent (HOW COOL!), but breaks on things such as Java Swing and... UO. Thanks Microsoft).

Anyway, to fix it, right click your desktop background and select "Personalize". Scroll down to the bottom of the resulting window, and you should see some different options like "Windows 7 Basic" and "Windows Classic". I use Windows Classic b/c I'm old school, but changing to Windows 7 Basic should also fix this problem for you.

The other thing you might consider doing if you continue to run into strange issues (I don't think you can use Razor packet videos if you don't do this, although I don't remember having any other issues without doing this), is Right click your Razor shortcut and select "Properties". Go to the Compatibility tab, and check the "Run this program as administrator" and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP Service pack 3.

Hope this helps.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)