Trying to transfer macros from one pc to another

cmax333

Trying to transfer macros from one pc to another

Post by cmax333 »

I am trying to transfer my macros from one pc to another using a jump drive. So far i have put all my macros and profiles in the folders where they belong on my other pc but they do not show up in game. is there something im doing wrong?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Trying to transfer macros from one pc to another

Post by the bazookas »

It used to be that you put them in \Program Files\Razor\Macros, but that moved in a patch about 8 months ago to your user-specific Application Data folder.

I posted this somewhere else:
(2) In order to "import" these macros, you have to create a ".macro" file in your Razor/Macros folder. HOWEVER, Razor stores this folder in your User-specific Application Data folder NOT in Program Files/Razor. The thing is, this is in a hidden folder. Here is some detailed instructions I wrote previously (copied and pasted here):

First, and foremost, close all of your UO clients so they pull in the macro correctly after you copy it into the right folder.

Open windows explorer (hold the Windows key on the keyboard and press E if you didn’t know that very handy shortcut)
Press Alt (this should highlight the “File Edit View Tools (etc)” toolbar--it is hidden in Windows 7, so you must do this to access it.
Click Tools
Click Folder Options
Click the “View” Tab
In the “Advanced settings” box, you need to do 2 things (you can change these back later if you want to):
In the Hidden files and folders (double click it) there are 2 radio buttons. Select “Show hidden files, folders, or drives”. This lets you see the Folder that you need to access to add macros manually to Razor
UNCHECK the “Hide extensions for known file types”. This lets you rename a file easily, otherwise Windows will often, for example, have your macro named “eatFishsteak.macro.txt” (which razor doesn’t recognize, of course), and there’s nothing you can do to change it.
Click the Apply button (of course)
Now, to find the folder to put your macros in (before a Razor update a few months ago, it used to be easy to get to--in the C:\Program Files\Razor\Macros folder... but now they’ve moved it to the following location:
If you are using Windows 7 (or vista, I think), go to C:\Users\<Your windows user name here>\AppData\Roaming\Razor\Macros
If you are using Windows XP, go to (if I’m not mistaken--I believe it is also the AppData\Romain folder, although you may need to dig around a little bit): C:\Documents and Settings\<Your windows user name here>\Application Data\Razor\Macros

After placing the macros in that folder, they will appear in Razor’s “Macros” tab and are ready to go.
There's a little extra in there since this was written for somebody who wanted to copy the text of the macro off of a forum post and copy it into a new macro file.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

cmax333

Re: Trying to transfer macros from one pc to another

Post by cmax333 »

Thank you, that worked :)