Freezing/Crashing

Rykker

Freezing/Crashing

Post by Rykker »

I never froze once the first 2 months on this server. The last 3 days I have frozen to where I have to kill UO through task manager mid fight. It's happened once in each of the last 3 days, and seems to be limited to only one of my characters, although he is the one I do most of my fighting on.

I haven't installed anything new and I have nothing running outside of Razor/UO client. Anyone else seeing this?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Freezing/Crashing

Post by Chaos »

Not sure but if you only noticing this one one char then most likely it is some thing in the desktop file of that char .. to test this you can rename/move the folders in uo and razor for those chars with client closed then fire it up. the game should create new desktop folders for your char and start it fresh. If this fixes the problem just rebuild your desktop the way you want them. If still problems pm me i'll look farther into it. Sorry if rebuilding your desktop is a pain, but if its only one char the problem most likely is there.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Thanks for the information. I will check it when I get home this weekend. Does rebuilding the desktop require yout osetup hotkeys again?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Sorry to say but yes.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Changing my Windows 7 theme from Aero to Basic seems to have fixed this. I have not had the freeze issue since. *knocks on wood*