Razor Compatilibilty Issue...

Daemonne

Razor Compatilibilty Issue...

Post by Daemonne »

Greetings and Salivations all.

I am new to UOSA but have played UO quite a bit aver a decade ago. GM'd every profession and truly useful skill (didn't bother with things like begging lol)
Now after playing other big title MMO's and most recently D3, I am back. I lucked upon a thread in the D3 forums that mentioned this site. YAAAAY

Now to my issue. It's nothing major.

I have a Logitech G13 keypad. I find it more comfortable to use then my keyboard. I am finding that Razor doesn't seem to be compatible with it. Am I missing a key element that will let me use it alongside Razor?

I like all the function of the razor program and only want to use my G13 for comfort. It offsets on my desk more readily than my keyboard.
All I want to do is be able to keybind the razors keybinds to the G13. Does anyone else use this? Is there a way to make it compatible?

I have tried:
Razor in Admin mode.
Launching the G13 profile through the UO exe. and the Razor exe.
I am thinking maybe it just wont accept the keybord # keys or the numpad # keys (I may have to try with just alt/shift/Ctrl + Fkeys and/or alpha excluding Alt+F4 of course)
I see that when I keybind in Razor with the normal keyboard that it shows up as D1, D2, D3 etc and Numpad 1, numpad2, etc. This MAY be what is defeating the G13 but I'm not sure.

Any technogeeks out there have any insight? Or maybe The Moderators can tell me if things like my G13 Keypad are purposely blocked.

Thanks in advance and THANKS for having this UOSA Shard. I am finding it Awesome!!

Dem

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor Compatilibilty Issue...

Post by Chaos »

I know of no reason it would be blocked from use. However I could see if razor/uo client didn't support an uncommon device due to lack of programing. I could be wrong but if it is not supported natively then I do not think it could be supported with out re writing at least part of the program or client itself.

That being said maybe testing with a newer client would tell you if the code exist already in some place to support the device.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Daemonne

Re: Razor Compatilibilty Issue...

Post by Daemonne »

BTW, I found out the issue with my G13 not working with Razor.

Simple fix, after using the razor program for anything I have to downsize then reopen my UO screen. Then the game will recognize the hotkeys from my gamepad. Otherwise it reads the default settings