Connection Sharing

Archeos

Connection Sharing

Post by Archeos »

Good day to everyone and thanks for the beautiful Ultima Online Second Age! This is my first post, and I hope to make my request correctly:

First of all I used to play Ultima VI since I was 10 years old, when I barely understood english! (by the way, I'm Italian :D), and I was fascinated from the first time. In time, also my brothers gathered interest in the game, and now, some time ago, we discovered this Online version: a very nice and well made game that bring togheter all the good things coming from the Ultima Universe plus the possibility to play togheter with other players!

We Immediatly wanted to subscribe to play togheter, and here comes my little problem :)

I read the Shard rules, and I found out that there is a restriction on the number of accounts that can be simoultanously connected to Ultima Online SA. According to the rules no more than 3 character can walk Ultima lands at the same time from the same external IP. Is that right?

My little problem is that, as a matter of facts, we are, err... five :)
More precisely four brothers and my girlfriend: We all share the same internet connection via a wi-fi router, and we would like to play together at Ultima Online.

Is that possible? Can we request a formal authorization to use more than 3 accounts at the same time? (not always of course, but sometimes could happen). I would be very happy if there could be a possibility to do that without violating the rules.

Thank you very much anyway! Great game and great community! Bye!

Archeos

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Connection Sharing

Post by Soma »

Hello and welcome to the shard.

Let me first say that the admins are usually very lenient on upping the account limit for shared network households in cases similar to yours. As far as quantity goes, I'm not sure if they've encountered a situation where 5 people share a connection.

Your best bet is to send Derrick a PM on the forums and/or email him at derrick@uosecondage.com he's quite busy so don't worry if he doesn't get back to you immediately.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

^^ what he said.

Welcome to UOSA! I highly recommend you guys check out this tutorial for new players. It'll help you out a lot getting started!

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36806

Good luck!
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Archeos

Post by Archeos »

Thank you very much for your help! The beginner's guide looks very interesting, you were very kind to suggest it :D

I'll immediatly send a request at derrick@uosecondage.com, thanks again for the help.

Goodbye!

Archeos.