Lag and Connection Issues

Oggog

Lag and Connection Issues

Post by Oggog »

Ive read through these posts and done I think everything that is mentioned to improve performance and connectivity but I am still having issues..

I frequently lose connection while afk, often while at the keyboard.

When I -ping I generally have somewhere around 50-100ms, with say 70 as an average. Very often, several times an hour it seems, I will dead freeze for 5-15 seconds often as soon as I engage a monster =O. If I -ping while this is happening, after the freeze clears it says something like Min : 50 Max : 6000 average 3500, or whatever. Then it goes back to decent ping.

I am on a Mac (don't laugh I know), running xp on bootcamp.

So I have..

-Unchecked smart CPU Usage

-turned off power saving on my network card

-turned off network power saving stuff on the mac side as well.

Ive only been here for about a week but its been like this the whole time. Doing what Ive done so far definately helped the game stay running on late night macros but the crushing lag spikes pretty much rule out pvp and any real gold farming.

Thanks in advance.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Lag and Connection Issues

Post by Chaos »

Using a wireless connection? If so try a direct connect to the modem, and report back if possible.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Oggog

Post by Oggog »

Hey. Thanks for reply.

Always directly connected to router, never wireless.

Altho I rarely have other internet problems, I frankly believe at this point its an isp issue. I live in a big city and have cable internet.
Ive googled to find something to track/monitor my connection but havent found a program that is either intuitive enough or provides the correct information.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Some other details. Sometimes are three accounts lose connection, sometimes just one or two. The lag spikes in my experience hit all accounts at once.

Drewywopper

Post by Drewywopper »

I had the same problem but on a normal computer
i was told to switch over to windows xp service package 3, that didn't work, so i switched to windows vista service package, and I haven't had a problem

this is when u right click client.exe, properties, click compatability tab..
I know NOTHING about macs but check that stuff out.. maybe mac has a compat tab and a few options and try em all.. or if u got xp, maybe u can just download service pack 3 off the net adn set it up
AIM: Italgino215

Oggog

Post by Oggog »

I have xp and xp service pack 3. You are saying get vista service pack 3 on my XP OS?

Daffy Duck

Post by Daffy Duck »

I had a similar issue and my mate said run it as admin and its been ok since, i went throught the compatitabilty tab and service pack upgrade too, but since running as admin its been ok.