Ping increases while moving?

Luke

Ping increases while moving?

Post by Luke »

Hello, I searched for this topic but didn't notice anything as specific as would like to get. I was checking my ping today in the command prompt and it was an average around 80 with no spikes. In-game the average is around 120 with regular spikes around 200-300 every 10 seconds or so, it's been as high as 980 during these spikes. During the phase in which I have roughly 120 ping I notice that every time I begin sprinting on my horse the ping increases 60-80 points.

Remember, this is during a very predictable phase in which there are no lag spikes, as the spikes are easy for me to predict in their cycle. This is constant and easily duplicated; every time I begin running the ping goes up but not as much as when the lag spikes hit. I am running Vista and have tested out the lag fixes, traces routs, etc aside from editing my registry (I don't intend to do that) but saw no mention of the specific issue of a predictable ping increase the moment I begin running on a horse. My questions: Why? Is there anything I can do to change this specific problem? I just don't understand how client actions can reduce the rate at which a network connection communicates unless there is faulty coding in the client or server.

I have not done much testing on foot or with walking the horse yet but I plan to when I get a chance to play again. Thanks for your time, everyone.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Ping increases while moving?

Post by Roser »

Yep, I have this same issue. Probably everyone does.

Many have claimed that this sort of thing is unique to UOSA and does not happen on other servers. It is also said that this is the cause for the high levels of desynchronization between the client and the server.

Perhaps there is some kind of broken code somewhere, I'm not really sure.

It's good that you brought this up, I would love nothing more then to see the de-sync issues on UOSA to be resolved.