2 client issues/questions

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

2 client issues/questions

Post by Hoots »

1. Running Vista home - if i log out of the game. and Uo/Razor sit at the login screen, my cpu usage and fan go berserker..If i close the UO window or log a toon in, everything is back to normal. Logged in is no cpu issues, sitting at login screen (after logging out... not on initial startup) is the issue. (I remember having this issues when i last played frequently in ~2009) When playing on/off with 3 clients/acounts, it is nice to have a login screen up at all times.

2. All NPC items in shop menus for buying or selling are a neon green-yellowish on my screen. Not game-breaking, but rather annoying. I do not remember having this issue in ~2009. And i believe im still using the same client as when i started to play again I just clicked razor to see if it worked ~3 year later... and everything did.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.
Hoots!

Causa Mortis

Re: 2 client issues/questions

Post by Causa Mortis »

The cpu usage happens to everyone after patching past near the version 7.something range, the only way to stop that is to get an older client, the UOSA one works well.

Also the neon green stuff sounds similar to a client issue.

Suggestion save your desktop and macro files from your client version now, for newer clients located in C:\Users\*YOURNAME*\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online (version)\User Data

DL uosa client, and point razor to that install. And copy your user files over.
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel