UO minimizes after entering "brittania"?

Psilo

UO minimizes after entering "brittania"?

Post by Psilo »

After I type my accoutn in and enter the game immedietly UO will minimize and I can't restore it to play.

Is there a solution for this? This just started happening after my computer crashed with Starcraft II and UO open. After I restarted the comp UO is doing this.

Thanks!

Freeza

Re: UO minimizes after entering "brittania"?

Post by Freeza »

I've had this happen to me at least 6x times. I think what I did was log into a different account/test server, then try the account that kept minimizing on login again. I believe that worked.

I think another solution that someone suggested to me was to run it in XP compatibility mode - that should also fix the problem :)

Starcraft and UO both open? seems very nostalgic there hehe
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

while it's minimized press shift + right click on the minimized task bar icon and hit Move, then use the arrow keys to move it on screen and hit enter once it's visible to drag with your mouse.

alternatively, you can delete the desktop.uo (i think is the extension) file from your character's folder

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

or alt+enter for those of us who are not retarded

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

alt+enter is to switch to full screen mode.. not exactly the same thing.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I ended up deleted my character folder and it worked. I'll try what you said next time even though I don't have many macros to set in UO itself.

Only that char was minimizing. Odd!

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

just an FYI, if you generally use all the same in-game macros for every character (set through the UO options screen, not razor), create them under one character and then copy the macro file from that character's desktop folder back to the main UO folder replacing the one there, and that will become the default starting macro file for every character (new characters, or when you newly log in an existing character and the character's desktop folder is created for the first time).

saves you from having to create your macros for every char

catalyst
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by catalyst »

TheEttinKing wrote:or alt+enter for those of us who are not retarded

WIN

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

right click + maximize...
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

It's not actually minimized. It's positioned off of your screen.

Right click the task at the bottom of your screen, select move. Hit the up arrow on your keyboard a couple of times then move your mouse. UO will be attached to your mouse. Position the UO screen where you want it and left click with your mouse.

Downs

Post by Downs »

double tap alt enter real fast

game crashes for me when it enters full screen, but the double tap fixes everything
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

this thread is almost a year old guys

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

Good job Catalyst.

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

i dont know if this was already said since i dont feel reading all so here it goes ^^

if you close the client or it happens and it will crash while you had it minimized you only are able to see it after you log in when you rightclick on the tab and choose maximise, after you maximised it you can close it and start again log back in and you should be able to play normally in window mode again.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

if at any time your window is offscreen (not minimized- just not visible) right click the program's task cube (located on the task bar thing*, select move and press the Up/Down/Left/Right arrow key, this will reposition it on your visible desktop. Any of the arrow keys will work, if you feel like it just press up or whatever a few times after you have selected move from the drop down menu you get after right clicking the programs lil bar that's visible on your windows title/task/program bar. Hope it helps any that run across this problem in the future