Check on interest for resist training

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Raefon

Check on interest for resist training

Post by Raefon »

Thinking of providing resist training with 50-60 wyrms.
You can go from 55-90 in 2.5hrs est.

Would anyone be interested in such a service and how much would you pay for it?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Check on interest for resist training

Post by morgan1109 »

I would love to pay for this service. I've used a similar service in the past and it is definitely worth the price. I assume you are providing the boats so player can be in town to reduce each hit to 1 point?
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

morgan1109 wrote:I would love to pay for this service. I've used a similar service in the past and it is definitely worth the price. I assume you are providing the boats so player can be in town to reduce each hit to 1 point?
Yes boats, bandies and 1 GM healer (looped to heal every 6sec) will be provided.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The guildie that provided the service free of charge for my first character asked the same thing. I told him 10K for the 2 hour session easy is what he could earn. I'd take you up on this for two other characters I am building at 10K each. I'd bet you could get 15-20K for the two hours it takes if you advertised on a fairly regular basis. He stated two hours was about the limit to keep the Wyrms from going wild if I remember right. To be honest I'd probably take a third session to get my first character cloe to or GM:)

Guys like me who are recently established are probably your target audience.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

I have one character that I need to finish from 92 and two that will be starting from 55ish (after a quick firewall session.) Considering that I gain about 0.1 per 100 casts, and the price per cast is about 10 (rounding up and taking misfires into consideration) I'm looking at about 80k more in regs before GMing just my one character that's already at 92. That is assuming that the 0.1/100 ratio remains consistent, which I doubt very much. Depending on the gains, I would easily pay 10k for a couple hours with some wyrms If you do this, send me a shout!

*edit*
Wait, after re-reading your initial post, would it be possible to GM resist this way, or is this just a good way to get up to the 90s? Either way, I have characters that would benefit.
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Calvin Klein - GM Blacksmith
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Those wyrms flamestrike the crap out of you. Think of it as getting about 10 flamestrikes every 6 seconds you can stand at the front of the boat before going back and getting bandaged. Since you would be flamestriking yourself it's essentially the same just much faster and much cheaper. Every once in a while the flamestrikes die down a bit. Just hide/invis for a minute and toss another explode pot and you are back in business.

I highly doubt you can GM from one 2 hour session, but you can definitely GM doing it.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

Then I'm still interested!
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I had my resist session with Raefon last night. I paid him 18K up front for the two hour session, and felt like I was stealing at the end.

In hour one I went from 62.0 to 85.8. At 85 you definitely felt a slowdown, but until then your screen is filled with the blue spam of gains. It was glorious.

In hour two I went from 85.8 to 91.4. Not nearly as impressive, but certainly well worth your time and money. Raefon had gone afk, and was auto healing and didn’t come back, heh heh. So I stayed until the wife agro got too intense, and ended up with 94.1. I didn’t time it after hour two, but I would guess I was around 45-50 minutes into hour 3 when I left. I hope your wyrms are fine Raefon. I felt bad just leaving them out there, but I figured my continued attacks would be more likely to turn them wild. Plus wife agro… Plus working at 7 am today… I just couldn’t stick around anymore.

A couple quick lessons… I’d probably run with 3 or 4 less wyrms. I know it would slow it down, but it would be much safer. They frequently curse you so you are playing with 90 HP, if you stay for two rounds of blasting, there’s a decent (5-10%) chance you will be toast by the end of round two. Getting two rounds in safely before healing every time should increase your overall gain rate? That’s my guess anyway.

If I did this again, I would definitely bring a couple kegs of cures. When you step back for healing it will take 2-3 rounds of healing since you are always poisoned. If I had a couple kegs of cures on me the time spent healing would be cut by a half or a third since each bandage would be used solely for healing. This “should” get you more rounds in the front of the boat being bombarded. Well until the kegs run out, heh heh. Regular cures would do, so while it will increase your total costs it will increase your gain rate. Since we are buying a block of time, I would think you would want to get the most time in the front of the boat as you can to maximize the number of flamestrikes you get hit by. Basically I think the kegs of cures would be a cheaper way than buying an extra session. I’ve got an alchemist though so it’s only a couple hundred garlic per keg to produce them. I wish I had thought of that before the session. I would probably be sitting in the 95-96 range now.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

Sweet!!! When's it my turn!?! :)
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

MaxKool

Post by MaxKool »

I'm interested. Pm if still available

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

Yeah, I'm still interested too. Please let me know when I can have a go.
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

I'll be back in a weeks time so I will shoot u guys a pm then!

Return to “Price Check”