Price check on Magic items

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Marvel

Price check on Magic items

Post by Marvel »

I've been doing some maps lately and have a nice collection of magic weapons, armor, and clothing that I'm hoping to sell.

I heard that Invis and Teleport items sell and I was wondering about the normal price range for items like that

Also, as far as ruin - Vanq weapons go, what's the price range on them on this server?

And finally, does nighteyes clothing sell? Or should i put pitch em in the trash.

Thanks! :)

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Price check on Magic items

Post by morgan1109 »

The best way to sell invis/teleport/reflect items is to get a good stock of them, and start an auction on the boards. If you go to the magic items section of the trade discussion, you’ll see what I mean. An item is only worth what someone will pay for it, so old auctions are the best gauge of what the market will pay.

Weapon values have an insane price range. An accurate Viking sword of vanquishing might go for 5K, while another sword weapon like a Halberd might pull in 25K for the same stats. If the halberd has a good accuracy, and durability bonus with the Vanq it might go over 100K. Unless capitalist is watching the auction then he’ll just double the highest bid and end it for some crazy amount. Charges also matter. A halberd of force and ghouls touch or thunder would fetch quite a bit more than you would expect and are sold based on how many charges it has essentially.

Basically anything that has value in PVP can be sold for more than one would expect. Most of the PVPers want the best of the best. So the best is very high, and the rest is heavily discounted. I personally use my force weapons for hunting as it speeds it up, and that provides more value than the 500 gold it would fetch on a vendor. There’s just not a good market for midrange stuff, although I think power weapons with high accuracy bonus’s have a very good value/cost proposition, and stop and check them out on vendors.

Almost forgot the silver designation. If you can get a silver preferred weapon with really good stats, it will bring in some good money. Mainly because you need a silver weapon with some good acc/dam bonus’s to farm the liches (more specifically the lich lord).
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Price Check”