All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: not so much of a price check but a, have u seen this before?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:35 pm 
User Rep: Trustworthy
Trustworthy

I got it off an npc in moonglow and this sint a color u can craft like a shadow mixed with iron or dull copper....anyone ever see this before?

These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

Post subject: Re: not so much of a price check but a, have u seen this bef
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:58 pm 
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!
User Rep: Good
Good

No, must be worth about 700k, good find

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:31 pm 
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Good

Blacksmiths/Armorers (one of those NPCs) sell armor that cannot be created. I believe when smelted, they just turn into iron ingots. You can get any armor piece that an NPC sells in these hues, just have to check different armorers. Not really rare, just unusual (I believe this was patched in 09-10?)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:25 am 
Trustworthy

ahh ok...lol didnt think it was worth a lot mens but ty for ur awesome comment! :lol: ...just seeing if this was unusual...just found it bout 5 months ago tho...ya i figured if smelted ud get iron ingots

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:04 pm 
Good

You might take a look at this old Stratics page.

(Robots.txt will likely block the page from an embedded-redirect, but you will get the side bar: scroll down to "Strategy & Lore", and under, "Essays & Guides", you will see a link to a page entitled, "Colored Plate", from Oct/99)

Pre-t2A, there were no coloured ores and, naturally, no player-crafted coloured metal armour: this NPC-vendor-stuff was novel and somewhat difficult to obtain, as no one vendor sold any more than a small quantity of one specific piece of one specific hue (although, IIRC, each vendor sold 2-3 different pieces of coloured plate, total). While plate was "all the rage", there also existed coloured chainmail of similar type; I imagine all of the "special hues" were likewise represented but I, personally, possess no definitive knowledge.

I've seen the 'old-style-NPC' coloured armours here at UOSA, both plate and chain, but I've not gone hunting for any of it, so I can add little more.

I can't imagine that any/all such would possess any extraordinary value: with t2A, (GM-quality) gold/bronze and black could be player-made, along with all the rest of the 'new' ore-colours.

The metallic-rose hues used to be popular, though, and are not represented by the t2A ores.

SS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:17 pm 
Trustworthy

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
You might take a look at this old Stratics page.

(Robots.txt will likely block the page from an embedded-redirect, but you will get the side bar: scroll down to "Strategy & Lore", and under, "Essays & Guides", you will see a link to a page entitled, "Colored Plate", from Oct/99)

Pre-t2A, there were no coloured ores and, naturally, no player-crafted coloured metal armour: this NPC-vendor-stuff was novel and somewhat difficult to obtain, as no one vendor sold any more than a small quantity of one specific piece of one specific hue (although, IIRC, each vendor sold 2-3 different pieces of coloured plate, total). While plate was "all the rage", there also existed coloured chainmail of similar type; I imagine all of the "special hues" were likewise represented but I, personally, possess no definitive knowledge.

I've seen the 'old-style-NPC' coloured armours here at UOSA, both plate and chain, but I've not gone hunting for any of it, so I can add little more.

I can't imagine that any/all such would possess any extraordinary value: with t2A, (GM-quality) gold/bronze and black could be player-made, along with all the rest of the 'new' ore-colours.

The metallic-rose hues used to be popular, though, and are not represented by the t2A ores.

SS

right...ty for ur knowledge/input...i do remember that now...i started playing uo first week it came out...sept 24th of 97 release date...so i started prolly by sept 30th of 97 on catskills...but i never really bought armor from shops cuz i was 11 and a bone armor wearer for a while lol