More Castles for cA?!

Share stories and special moments with the community.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: More Castles for cA?!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I respect alot of members of the Guild alot....even when I fell victim to fair play. But this was nothing of the sort.

There was nothing "field" about this.

It's not my fight though. But let me say over time alot of people looked up to cA, and this just dragged that name through the mud.

Any simpleton could have done the same thing.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

The OP gets the official chumbucket Seal of Approval whatever whining the NPCs of this game may bring to these boards.

Eddard

Post by Eddard »

Since coming to SA I have heard nothing but bad things about cA. So I really don't think this hurts their reputation anymore than it already is.
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Eddard wrote:Since coming to SA I have heard nothing but bad things about cA. So I really don't think this hurts their reputation anymore than it already is.
There are a lot of rumors and a lot of jealously out there. Let me give you the real story:

[cA] is a group of like minded bards. We primarily enjoy hunting earth elementals near the compassion shrine and digging up level 2 treasure maps. We go out of our way to help those in need, and we bear arms only against those who ruin the shard through PKing, stealing, scamming, and doing anything you might be able to do only outside of Trammel. We do, however, field a very competitive set of LEETPVPers for Trammel tournaments.

Our guildmaster is me. My second-in-command is ian. ian is in charge of the day to day operations of [cA], and he runs a tight ship. He has already drawn up a list of [cA] members soon to be expelled.

There are those that spread rumors. Primarily, these are just griefers and scammers. GuardianKnight, Brules, all of the Parolees on Vicodin [PoV] guild, and all of the other people whose only goal is to ruin the shard. Also, the LEETPVPers resent us for our casual mastery of, coupled with utter disdain for, LEETPVP. We basically own them all at Trammel tournaments, and on the rare occasions they can be found outside Trammel, they recall at the very sight of us.

Rest assured that [cA] will not waver in its commitment to decency and fair play. The griefer/LEETPVPer alliance cannot stop us and would be well advised not to even try. Witness what happened when $$$ crossed us by scamming Matron and a new player with their fake brokering service.

To all others, we welcome you to the shard and are at your service should you need assistance in furthering legitimate, non-Felucca gameplay. We look forward to fighting at your side amongst the earth elementals and comparing our rares at Skara Brae bank.

Sincerely,
chumbucket,
CEO and founder,
chumbucket and Associates [cA],
-The guild that cares-

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Eddard wrote:Since coming to SA I have heard nothing but bad things about cA. So I really don't think this hurts their reputation anymore than it already is.
General rule is if you see them, avoid them. If you intend to make any deals with them for trade purposes use a broker and make sure they post on the forums in full detail. Never use IRC to discuss details, and never do anything that seems like there is a even the slightest inclination you could be duped.

Use a broker.
Use a broker.
Use a broker.

Reputable Brokers and their threads:
GK: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=21434&hilit=broker
Arsen: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=23574&hilit=broker

-----

I did them for a short time, but haven't since I've been back and don't have near the availability I used to. My thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8281&p=70419#p70419

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

me too!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Downs

Post by Downs »

Most brokers have a room in cA.

The best way to stay safe when dealing with us is to buy our brand new "No Nonsense Permit"©

For only 10,000 gold pieces our agents will leave you be for 24 hours. This permit is a one time use, non-transferrable permit that can be redeemed at anytime.

It will be in stores soon, but you can buy one off of any of our members.

Remember, when you think cA, think a safer Britannia
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Okay imagine this was felix for example...you all would be gathering wood to burn him on the spit. I don't care either way. If it were one of my ramks though I would tan his hide with the door for daring to associate the guild name with such a simple dirty trick and brag about it.

We have come to expect more from cA then a simple scam. It is damaging to your reputation.

I R NEW ideas please.

Under Matron cA was at its height of glory Chum...
you are just the mascot.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Okay imagine this was felix for example...you all would be gathering wood to burn him on the spit. I don't care either way. If it were one of my ramks though I would tan his hide with the door for daring to associate the guild name with such a simple dirty trick and brag about it.

We have come to expect more from cA then a simple scam. It is damaging to your reputation.

I R NEW ideas please.

Under Matron cA was at its height of glory Chum...
you are just the mascot.
I've gone over this before.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=17804

Make no mistake: We will steal your very last reagents and use them to summon a cat, and then send that cat to keep you from getting in your house so that we can stealth archer your stat tamer/blacksmith in the middle of a castle trade so that we can scam you out of the castle, deed it, and then throw it in a trash barrel while your ghost looks on.

And then we'll make a post about it.

In the meantime, I believe you would be best served by replying to the following post with "27."

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10518

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

chumbucket wrote:Make no mistake: We will steal your very last reagents and use them to summon a cat, and then send that cat to keep you from getting in your house so that we can stealth archer your stat tamer/blacksmith in the middle of a castle trade so that we can scam you out of the castle, deed it, and then throw it in a trash barrel while your ghost looks on.

And then we'll make a post about it.
First off, this happened ONE TIME, it's not like this happens to me frequently or anything.

Second, did I or did I not give you the 10k for the "cA Cone of Silence" certificate?!?!

I've half a mind to report you to the forum mods; I'm pretty sure this constitutes a scam.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Last edited by Mad Max on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Granted they had enough for a castle deed so couldn't possibly be new.
There are two things that bug me.

1.)You have no problem degrading your L33T Bard skills to mere scams.
2.)You have no problem with this being associated to you and your associates. People here glorify battle, theivery, and eating unmounted horses...one thing they detest is a scammer. Many who have done this sort of thing have seldom ever lived it down. It seems a double standard to make an exception in this case.

Now I might be blowing this out of proportion but this isn't something established players and guilds do especially when they are regulars on the forums. It just goes against all rules of engagement. It however allows any new players here to understand the gravity of the dangers of trade and why brokers are necessary. Which is totally counter productive to all the bashing you have done on Guardian Knight.

Downs

Post by Downs »

You guys are aware that this happened back in may right?

Shall we also an corp a hemporer scandal thread?

And for the record, cA holds itself to no one else's standards or expectations.

Mikel, we only did that to you cause you're too dangerous
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Yeah if you're waiting for someone in cA to condemn BlackFoot's, er I mean Francois' actions here it ain't gonna happen.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

applejack wrote:Yeah if you're waiting for someone in cA to condemn BlackFoot's, er I mean Francois' actions here it ain't gonna happen.
So this was fake after all...

I was about to say this was totally out of character.

Glad to hear that actually. Okay Chum...I yeild, finish with a coup de grace if you must.