chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Everybody Loves a Clown

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Everybody Loves a Clown

Post by chumbucket »

platy wrote:he's a simple snoop-n-steal theif..

maybe i'm missing something but it seems like he barely gets items worth keeping..
i love how chumbucket gets off on pissing ppl off:
Let me just say it: That's not the point. I'm here to have fun, not lock down pixels on a porch somewhere. For the record, I own about 5 small houses and usually have anywhere from 10 to 200k gold. The houses were initially funded with my bard, Eduardo, and most gold I have now comes from selling what I steal, except when I get really low and go back to barding until I have 50k or so.
you just rarely find fun/entertaining greifers ;p
I prefer to think of myself as a mischief maker, rather than a griefer. I don't, for instance, res kill people over and over. Also, and I'm not saying you're saying this platy, but some people seem to be under the impression that I think I am a badass or that I talk a lot of shit, but I hope I don't think that way or do that. I try to exemplify being a thief with style and class. Of course, I have said and done things I regret doing, but generally I think succeed. And certainly never say I don't fall for the same kinds of thing I pull on people. For instance, SOLO's box trick was beautifully done and I totally fell for it. Indeed, I would go so far to say that I probably die more than the vast majority of the population. But, overall, I think my antics make this shard a better place.

I'm not sure why I am being so defensive at the moment. You have to expect a large amount of blowback when you spend all of your time in UO trying to figure out how to do bad things to people, but there it is.

platy

Post by platy »

yes we're all here to have fun..
i wasnt trying to insult you, just found it suprising that alatar would consider you a very "effective" theif
its not suprising either to hear you make most $ from your thiefs, it seems you play theifs as your main so i'd somewhat expect it
and no i don't run around scamming/stealing rares and "pixels" to lock down, the items that i consider "worth keeping" are items which benefit you (dont get me wrong i'll steal a rare if you'll leave it in your pack) but i look for keys,runes,regs mostly :wink:

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Heya chum. Generally speaking, I think your antics are highly entertaining. I appreciate your commitment to interesting dialogue and amusing encounters, not to mention enjoyable episode forum posts. I have however, noticed a little blurring and occasional omission of relevant facts.

I see, for instance, that you didn't post the story detailing the killing of my innocent (so far at least) newbie thief Slim. Just for his 100 newbie gold too! Surely you could have just made your own newbie character? While I did rather enjoy your "slide wee" teleport macro and our conversation about your classyness (or lack thereof) pking someone after they've logged off is a bit sad. :(

And finally (just for the record) after the S.O.S incident your nasty quarterstaff did get Disco down to below 10 hp once as I was hurriedly looking for my tasty lamb legs. I'm not entirely sure however, that given the fact that you took flight rather hastily after I managed to heal up, the episode constitutes a sound thrashing.

But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of a good story. :) I guess it's all about artistic license aye?
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

LargePiece wrote:Heya chum. Generally speaking, I think your antics are highly entertaining. I appreciate your commitment to interesting dialogue and amusing encounters, not to mention enjoyable episode forum posts. I have however, noticed a little blurring and occasional omission of relevant facts.

I see, for instance, that you didn't post the story detailing the killing of my innocent (so far at least) newbie thief Slim. Just for his 100 newbie gold too! Surely you could have just made your own newbie character? While I did rather enjoy your "slide wee" teleport macro and our conversation about your classyness (or lack thereof) pking someone after they've logged off is a bit sad. :(

And finally (just for the record) after the S.O.S incident your nasty quarterstaff did get Disco down to below 10 hp once as I was hurriedly looking for my tasty lamb legs. I'm not entirely sure however, that given the fact that you took flight rather hastily after I managed to heal up, the episode constitutes a sound thrashing.

But hey, don't let any of that get in the way of a good story. :) I guess it's all about artistic license aye?
I was going to post a long and snarky reply, but level heads prevail. Omissions of details aren't for me alone is all I say.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Chum is the shit lol
-cr3w-

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

I didn't think mine was too snarky...
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."