3/21/12patrol"Cadet,Promo,Night of Tamer Rage & 1000 Arrows"

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Border Patrol

3/21/12patrol"Cadet,Promo,Night of Tamer Rage & 1000 Arrows"

Post by Border Patrol »

Citizens!,

It has been a while since I have been able to file a report. To my delight, patrols I have done, have left me empty handed for the most part, in terms of serving Justice to the unjust within the towns of Sosaria. Traveling within the realms governed by Law and finding few law breakers tis a good thing. Lord British would be proud of his fine citizens.

I shall begin this very lengthy report with an announcement.

On the First of March, Chief Atraxi enlisted a new promising cadet named Venetici. This cadet has been on patrols since joining the BPD. These patrols did not find much lawbreaking going on but it would only be a calm before the storm.
1NewCadetVentici3-1-12.png
1NewCadetVentici3-1-12.png (198.24 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

Not all of my earlier patrols in the month were totally free from the wicked and unjust. For instance, on the twelfth day of March; Turbo and I, encountered a thief named Alcarin. At the same time I was apprehending the suspect with lethal force; Turbo, was watching two citizens (one in pink is Bro Montana) who seemed they may end up getting in a fight. Things could get unruly, but besides some harsh words it did not go much further.
2KillingAlcarinTurboBottomRight3-12-12.jpg
2KillingAlcarinTurboBottomRight3-12-12.jpg (145.54 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
3AlcarinDeadArgumentEnsuesBelow.jpg
3AlcarinDeadArgumentEnsuesBelow.jpg (145.4 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

I did not know Lord British had rage counselors. They would be needed later on in the month for sure....as you will see later on in this report. I seriously doubt there is any rage counselors in Sosaria though.....
5SosariaDoesNotHaveRageCounselors.jpg
5SosariaDoesNotHaveRageCounselors.jpg (141.9 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

Citizens! It is now time for the official begining of my March 21st report. It begins with Chief Atraxi summoning for me to meet him at BPD HQ.
6AtraxiArrivesToPromoteVindicator.jpg
6AtraxiArrivesToPromoteVindicator.jpg (132.34 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

Chief Atraxi informs me that he will be promoting our cadet Vindicator; who is an archer, to the status of Officer!
7VindicatorPromoted.jpg
7VindicatorPromoted.jpg (130.78 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

Chief Atraxi expresses his congrats and although he did make a typo he corrected it. However I failed to take that picture because my camera jammed. Sorry bossman!
8ChiefSendsCongrats.jpg
8ChiefSendsCongrats.jpg (130.91 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

After the promotion of Vindicator (congratulations!) I start my patrol. As soon as I recall to WBB roof I witness a citizen who is fed up with living the harsh and sometimes unfair lifestyle that being a Sosarian consists of.

I hear the citizen complaining of having to do tedious macros, desyching, mage shops having no regs, stables always being full, no swing on the run, no good unused housing spots, people camping nightmare spawns, afk rare gathering, griefing in dungeons, hally mages, and no automated events.

Before I can talk this poor soul out of doing the unthinkable he promptly commits suicide via a GM explo tinker trap!
9PersonBlowingSelfUpOnWBBroof.jpg
9PersonBlowingSelfUpOnWBBroof.jpg (150.94 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

I leave the roof and head down to ground level where I spot a thief named Adiran. Further investigation of this individual will be needed as he stands there acting very nervous and suspicious....cold sweat dripping from this scrawny lad's forehead.
10SpotThiefAdiran.jpg
next is part 2.
Last edited by Border Patrol on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Border Patrol

Re: 3/21/12patrol"Cadet,Promo,Night of Tamer Rage & 1000 Arr

Post by Border Patrol »

My suspicions are confirmed via a quick frisking. Adiran does not want to come quietly. I follow textbook BPD procedure and use lethal force to serve Justice to this career criminal.
11AttackingThiefAdiran.jpg
11AttackingThiefAdiran.jpg (127.28 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
12KilledAdiran.jpg
12KilledAdiran.jpg (128.38 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

Not long after destroying Adiran with my mace of Justice a shady fella named Chuck Skelly waltzs up to me and starts flapping at the gums. He asks various questions about our tactics and what kind of criminals we are looking for. I get tired of his inquiries about if we have a "list" and "who" is on it. He then goes on to assume that his is our "Most Wanted" criminal.

He is carrying a poisoned spear and I let him know that he IS NOT our most wanted criminal by far. To me he is just a lowly street jobber and perma gray.
13ChuckSkellyThinksMostWanted.jpg
13ChuckSkellyThinksMostWanted.jpg (133.29 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

I attempt to arrest him but he assaults an Officer of the Law and stabs me with his poisoned spear. As he runs I am in hot pursuit and a nearby citizen named "an energy vortex" joins in the chase. The criminal is finally killed using means of lethal force and I confiscate his poisoned spear he was stabbing me with.
14ChuckSkellyKilledEnergyVortexAssists.jpg
14ChuckSkellyKilledEnergyVortexAssists.jpg (144.51 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

The bank is peaceful once again until Chuck Skelly tries to snoop me and is deadly poisoned by my anti-theft kit. BPD Officers are a very good at attracting the attention of thieves. It is better they try to steal from us than the local citizenry because we are more prepared for such things.
15ChuckSkellyHitsAntiTheftKit.jpg
15ChuckSkellyHitsAntiTheftKit.jpg (135.31 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
16ChuckSkellyPaidPrice.jpg
16ChuckSkellyPaidPrice.jpg (133.84 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

Chuck Skelly soon comes back to try a random steal and gets guardwhacked dying in close proximity to his other body. It is hilarious how once I show up I become his prime target.
17ChuckSkellyComesBakGetGW.jpg
17ChuckSkellyComesBakGetGW.jpg (137.47 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

Not long after Chuck fails at being a thief a tamer brings a freshly tamed dragon to town that appears to be gray. I notice a thief named Maverick following the tamer in close proximity as a couple citizens keep making the dragon aggro them. I have to keep my eye on this Maverick fella.
18TamerBringsFreshTamedGrayDragToWBB.jpg

The only citizen that is still intentionally aggroing the dragon is "an energy vortex." I am keeping my eye on the thief named "Maverick." Jack Hanna assumes that everyone is involved with griefing him and starts getting very verbal and upset. I told Hanna many times to cast invisibilty on an energy vortex but for whatever reason he never does.
19JackHannaBlamesEveryoneInsteadofAnEnergyVortexForFlaggingDragIWatchTheThief.jpg
19JackHannaBlamesEveryoneInsteadofAnEnergyVortexForFlaggingDragIWatchTheThief.jpg (119.64 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

I finally get Maverick to make a deadly mistake as he hits my anti-theft device.
20IGetMaverickToHitAntiTheftDevice.jpg
20IGetMaverickToHitAntiTheftDevice.jpg (122.8 KiB) Viewed 3539 times

next is part 3

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

As Maverick dies I say my goodbyes.
21WavingByeToMaverick.jpg
21WavingByeToMaverick.jpg (124.06 KiB) Viewed 3532 times

I head back across the West Brit bridge and watch as another citizen runs up and casts a gate spell. They lure the drag into the gate as the gate caster dispels it soon after Hanna follows the drag inside. Hanna then reappears with "all follow me" above his head but the drag is left on the other side with Hanna unable to follow.

The gate caster runs off screen before I take this shot but Hanna is filled with rage, anger, and disgust. The evidence speaks for itself.
22HannaMadTheyGatedOutDrag.jpg
22HannaMadTheyGatedOutDrag.jpg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
23JournalEvidenceofHannaRage1.jpg
23JournalEvidenceofHannaRage1.jpg (110.55 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
24JournalEvidenceofHannaRage2.jpg
24JournalEvidenceofHannaRage2.jpg (117.03 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
25JournalEvidenceofHannaRage3.jpg
25JournalEvidenceofHannaRage3.jpg (116.49 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
26JournalEvidenceofHannaRage4.jpg
26JournalEvidenceofHannaRage4.jpg (110.55 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
27JournalEvidenceofHannaRage5.jpg
27JournalEvidenceofHannaRage5.jpg (114.43 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
28JournalEvidenceofHannaRage6.jpg
28JournalEvidenceofHannaRage6.jpg (109.98 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
29JournalEvidenceofHannaRage7.jpg
29JournalEvidenceofHannaRage7.jpg (111.35 KiB) Viewed 3532 times

After the tamer rage incident a citizen named "Flagg" wants me to attack a thief named Grendel. I cannot determine 100% if he is perma or not so I refuse. I inform "Flagg" to to flag the thief if he is so sure. I am not so easily tricked by ruses such as this.
30FlaggWantsMeToFlagNonPermaGrendel.jpg
30FlaggWantsMeToFlagNonPermaGrendel.jpg (132.78 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
part 4 is next.
Last edited by Border Patrol on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Flagg declines the offer and laughs saying that Grendel is not perma (I knew that already). Soon after Chuck Skelly decides to misbehave and try to steal from citizens so I give him another timeout in the spirit world.
31BroughtChuckSkellyToJusticeAgain.jpg
31BroughtChuckSkellyToJusticeAgain.jpg (138.39 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

Chuck Skelly does not appreciate the fine job BPD does and starts with the flattering verbal insults.
32ChuckSkellyDoesNotAppreciateBPDsServices.jpg
32ChuckSkellyDoesNotAppreciateBPDsServices.jpg (127.45 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

He then starts to make baseless accusations about what BPD does with horses.
33ChuckSkellyClaimsWeDoItWithHorses.jpg
33ChuckSkellyClaimsWeDoItWithHorses.jpg (122.76 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

Chuck Skelly does not learn and tries to steal from a citizen right next to me. I make him pay the price of not respecting other citizens and their property.
34ChuckSkellyStealsAndPays.jpg
34ChuckSkellyStealsAndPays.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
As I deal out Justice he tells me he wants his precious spear I confiscated earlier that he used to stab me with poison on the tip.
35ChuckSkellyWantsPoisonedSpearThatWasConfiscated.jpg
35ChuckSkellyWantsPoisonedSpearThatWasConfiscated.jpg (136.53 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

Chuck dies yet again and this time I confiscate a kryss that he used to stab me.
36ChuckDeadAgainLosesKryssNow.jpg
36ChuckDeadAgainLosesKryssNow.jpg (132.63 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

The citizen he stole from thanks me for serving Justice and to me that is worth more than 10mil in gold.
37CitizenHappyIServedJusticeForHim.jpg
37CitizenHappyIServedJusticeForHim.jpg (135.04 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

A criminal named Platon is chased by an angry mob of citizens and he teles to a semi safe spot as they let their poison spells fly. He is there for quite a while drinking poison spells and blocks part of the area with a horse to prevent me or others from teleing over to finish the job.
38CitizensTryToServeVigilateJusticeOnPlaton.jpg

Another thief keeps casting heals and cures to keep the perp alive. Platon cannot recall or gate evidently.
39AnotherThiefKeepsHealingPlaton.jpg
39AnotherThiefKeepsHealingPlaton.jpg (135.14 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

In a somewhat coordinated effort Platon moves his horse and the other thief teles over and gates him out of harms way.
40OtherThiefTeles&GatesOutPlaton.jpg
40OtherThiefTeles&GatesOutPlaton.jpg (131.29 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

next is part 5

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Chuck Skelly is either hard headed or has a bad case of amnesia from all the times I have cracked his skull with my mace. He continues to break the law in my presence with the same outcome everytime.
41ChuckSkellyNeverLearns&IkillHimAgain.jpg
41ChuckSkellyNeverLearns&IkillHimAgain.jpg (138.13 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
42ChuckSkellyCoronerShot.jpg
42ChuckSkellyCoronerShot.jpg (133.46 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
Not learning his lesson yet he comes right back to me and attempt a random steal and dies right next to his other corpse. His corpes are now side by side stinking up the streets.
43ChuckSkellyDiesNextToHisOtherBody.jpg
43ChuckSkellyDiesNextToHisOtherBody.jpg (133.99 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
44ChuckSkellyBodiesSideBySide.jpg
44ChuckSkellyBodiesSideBySide.jpg (134.21 KiB) Viewed 3525 times

A while later another citizen commits suicide via explo box for whatever reason. I suspect the reasons are of the same nature as the suicider earlier. These harsh lands can take its toll on a weak mind. Especially when you lose to the Balrons and they take over your soul, invading from the outside in.
45CitizenDiesFromExploBox.jpg
45CitizenDiesFromExploBox.jpg (138.61 KiB) Viewed 3525 times

People are trying to loot the corpse while it is blue (probably trying to do the drag exploit) and are guardwhacked left and right. The corpse soon turns gray to me and I try to save the suicider citizen's stuff and am guardwhacked myself. Left scratching my head as I head to the healers I come back to find my heavily worn out armor and weapon along with supplies are gone. I consider it a community donation to the needy and put on a fresh not worn out suit and pull out a much better mace for punishing the wicked.
46PeopleTryingToLootCitizenBlueCorpseGetGW.jpg
46PeopleTryingToLootCitizenBlueCorpseGetGW.jpg (149.13 KiB) Viewed 3525 times

As I regeared else where, a citizen who is a Grand Master of all bows and fed up with the injustice of this cruel world appeared at WBB. This hardened soul has seen much blood shed and alot of suffering in the lands of Sosaria. Tired of the cunning and strong preying on the weak; King Haggard, knew something had to be done.

At his arrival to WBB he noticed how far things have gone. Citizens were committing suicide left and right in the crown jewel of all Sosaria cities. Something had to be done to help bring hope back to the weary citizens of Sosaria.

This was the begining of "The Night of a Thousand Arrows"
47ExplosionDeath(unknown)byKingHaggard.jpg
47ExplosionDeath(unknown)byKingHaggard.jpg (56.27 KiB) Viewed 3525 times

As I arrive at WBB our new Officer Vindicator informs me of a citizen name King Haggard who wants to deal some vigilante Justice with the BPD. As I looked at the citizen I notice he is quite large for a bowman and has wrists built like that of a swordsman. He had an expression of serious vengance upon his face and was staring at me with cold dark eyes that seemed to penetrate to ones very soul.

I could not refuse this man's offer and having two bowmen at my side was better than one. Despite not being a detective he was very keen at spotting thieves. How he did it I will still never know.
48MeetUpWithVindicator&KingHaggardWBB.jpg
48MeetUpWithVindicator&KingHaggardWBB.jpg (140.54 KiB) Viewed 3525 times

Not long after deputizing Haggard's services for the cause of Justice, he and another citizen made short work of a nearby thief. The Justice being served was very quick and precise as I heard the whistle of many bolts from a heavy crossbow whistling through the air in a very short period of time.
49KingHaggard&CitizenPunishingaCriminal.jpg

This was definately the work of a mad man. A man mad with the prior injustices of this world who wants nothing more than to serve Justice to the wicked with bolts and arrows galore.
50CriminalIsDown.jpg
50CriminalIsDown.jpg (141.21 KiB) Viewed 3525 times

next is part 6

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Peekaboo never stood a chance at getting away. The arrows of Justice come quick and without warning. His only hope would be to hand over the stolen goods. His greed would be his demise all night long.
51PeekabooCoronerShot.jpg

I happen to overhear a tale of killer feces lurking by the Britain gate. What kind of strange darkness now consumes this land! People committing suicide all over the place and now killer feces! If we fail to fend of the tide of killer feces it could be the end of Sosaria as we know it!
52IdidntKnowFecesCanKill.jpg

Having cleaned up the mean streets of Britain of thieves we decide to check on the other towns to make sure they have not simply switched bases of operations. We gate from town to town courtesy of Vindicator and fianlly spot Peekaboo at Moonglow who recalls out.
53SkaraIsCleanVindGatingUsAround.jpg
53SkaraIsCleanVindGatingUsAround.jpg (147.92 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
54SecuringMoonglow.jpg
54SecuringMoonglow.jpg (148.67 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

Upon our arrival back at WBB Shroeder has contraband on him and runs to one of the local mage shops. We rush in before he can take anyone hostage.
55ShroederRuns2MageShopBPDhotOnTrail.jpg
55ShroederRuns2MageShopBPDhotOnTrail.jpg (181.32 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

King Haggard deals the killing blow as I block the perp's only avenue of escape. Shroeder learns the hard way that resistance is futile.
56ShroederDeadInMageShop.jpg
56ShroederDeadInMageShop.jpg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

Haggard hands over illegal narcotics that the perp had on his person. Shroeder just earned a one way ticket to some much needed timeout for his crooked ways.
57KingHaggardHandingOverHerbalContraband.jpg

As Vindicator and I secured WBB, King Haggard spread out over the city. He came across Peekaboo after he commits another criminal act and after a chase around town he is shot dead trying to refresh his horse. Haggard proved to be a very capable marksman.
58PeekabooShotDeadRefreshingHorse.jpg
58PeekabooShotDeadRefreshingHorse.jpg (210.01 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

Vindicator and me arrived on the seen to make sure no one tampered with evidence and to collect it for further evaluation.
59Vind&IsecuringEvidence&Scene.jpg
59Vind&IsecuringEvidence&Scene.jpg (142.3 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

Shroeder soon breaks his parole after our narcotics bust and he refuses to cooperate. He is slain and his foul body litters the street full of bolts and arrows from King Haggard and Vindicator.
60ShroederBrokeParolAfterNarcoticBust&Slain.jpg
60ShroederBrokeParolAfterNarcoticBust&Slain.jpg (210.76 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

next is part 7

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

As I come across a criminal named Fagoma Saclifter I let him know that he has a very offensive name. King Haggard kills him for his various crimes right about the same time. He desreved every bit of Justice that came to him later on too.
61BorderTellsFagomaHeHasOffensiveName&HaggardSlaysHim.jpg
61BorderTellsFagomaHeHasOffensiveName&HaggardSlaysHim.jpg (194.42 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

It did not take long for King Haggard to show Fagoma Saclifter what happens to those who have no class when it comes to choice of names. Justice pays extra attention to such things as bigotry. Fagoma screams GUARDS at the top of his lungs but his pleas fall on deaf ears.
62HaggardSlayingFagomaAgain.jpg
62HaggardSlayingFagomaAgain.jpg (203.4 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Fagoma tries to use GM stealth to avoid King Haggard but I come over to show Fagoma that GM Detect Hidden beats stealth any day of the week. Then I crack his skull open with my mace of Justice. I just could not resist.
63FagomaTriesToStealth&SlainAgain.jpg
63FagomaTriesToStealth&SlainAgain.jpg (178.9 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Fagoma is killed over and over again for his crooked ways and bigotry. This time he is obliterated by a hail of arrows and his corpse resembles swiss cheese. Fagoma should be used to being a ghost by now.
64FagomaDyingByHailofArrows.jpg
64FagomaDyingByHailofArrows.jpg (148.5 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Later on we get word from some of the locals that the thief known as Peekaboo is back in town. We use our tracking skills to track him down. Once it is pinpointed to us where he is at we use our detect hidden skills to reveal him. He was conveniently hidden in a 90 degree corner of the bank and has no chance of escape.
65WeTrackDownPeekabooToEBB&Slay.jpg
65WeTrackDownPeekabooToEBB&Slay.jpg (149.07 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
66PeekabooCoronerShot.jpg
66PeekabooCoronerShot.jpg (145.39 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Fagoma cannot evade the law and is served vigilante Justice by the arrows of Haggard once again! He better think twice about breaking the law when the BPD and it's vigilante deputies are on patrol. Try to flee as you might, soon you will get what is right!
67FagomaIsCaughtByHaggardAgain.jpg
67FagomaIsCaughtByHaggardAgain.jpg (160.8 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
68HaggardSaysHeWasTryingToFlee.jpg

I report to Lord British and inform him of the mass suicides, crime, and bigotry running rampant in his fair city of Britain!
69GivingLordBritMyReport.jpg
69GivingLordBritMyReport.jpg (153.96 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Even Mistah T wants to get in on the vigilante Justice action and WTF PWNS a criminal trying to run into a local inn to escape the clutches of Justice.
70MistahTjoiningInOnVigilanteJustice.jpg
70MistahTjoiningInOnVigilanteJustice.jpg (135.72 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
Last edited by Border Patrol on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

71Every1PleasedWith2nightsOutcome.jpg
71Every1PleasedWith2nightsOutcome.jpg (134.2 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
Everyone seems please with the heavy amount of Justice dealed out on this night.

I am sure Lord British and Chief Atraxi would agree.

Border Patrol out.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

this was a glorious night! I hate to rejoice in the amount of criminal activity we saw, but man did we lay out a heavy helping of justice.

Most people don't understand that the flip side to the phrase "No rest for the wicked" also means "Justice never sleeps!" While it is demanding to be a disciple and zealot of justice, it has it's rewards!

I'll have to visit the shrine of Humility after this I am sure, but for now I am reveling in Justice and the Sosarian way!

- Jupiter

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Funny thing is I only used about half the screenshots for this report. I had well over 100 just from last night. Twas a blood bath!!!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”