A tale from 2001 - Within the web.

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Calador

A tale from 2001 - Within the web.

Post by Calador »

Just found this from the Stratics Archives from 2001, I hope you don't mind me sharing it here.

Waiting under an oak tree Calador Lord of Mystics knew something was very wrong, ever since he had discovered the spiders webs to the east of Yew Vale along the Minoc road he had been suspicious. Attatching a message to his pigeon for the guard tower in the Vale he raised his hand and let the bird fly free to bring the news something was wrong..

Moving slowly forward with the stealth and caution that marked him as a woodsman of Yew he slowly approached the large webbed area east of the road and sat and waited. From within slken cocoons came movement and suddenly spiders, fully grown ones at that burst into sight. All were different, some black as night, some grey and some brown. Sighting Calador they spoke in chitterings and then rushed forward, raising his staff Calador spoke words of power and a field of latent energy sprung up in front of him stunning the spiders and rendering them paralysed.

Throwing a small piece of sulphur into the air Calador again spoke words of power and meteors erupted from his staff burning the spiders to ash in an instant. Sweating from the physical and mental effort required Calador allowed himself a brief smile before more chitterings made him look up, standing there was an army of spiders. Realising he had only destroyed the scouts for this evil force Calador prayed to Laraya the Guardian patron of GYE and prepared to fight.....

In the guard tower in the Vale, Tari, Beorn and Cyanide laughed and joked about Cyanide's choice of clothing for the day when a pigeon white as snow flew through the window and landed on the perch. Stepping forward Tari took the message from its leg case and read it. Gasping she immediately copied the message 4 times and sent her four pigeons to the roosts of NbN, OEH, E:A and HLR. Simply stating 'follow me' she rushed outside and the three members of GYE rode north through the Vale and the turned east along the Minoc road at full gallop....

Pausing for breath, Calador took stock of his situation, his fields of energy held back the vast swarm of spiders and his fingers were bloodied and aching from using the Harp of Laraya to turn the evil creatures upon themselves. He knew he could not last much longer and started to slowly speak words of power to summon an elemental being of fire to aid him fighting the evil creatures. Losing concentration his fields shimmered and faded and the spiders swarmed forward to end his resistance..

A female voice as clear as a whistle cut through the forest and Calador felt himself slip away from sight. Confused the spiders looked around and spotted three new figures, a women in white and blue, a man with a fierce beard and a figure dressed in bright green. All three spoke the same words in perfect harmony.....

Fires erupted from the ground, turning bodies to ash and turning the air thick with the smell of burning flesh, everywhere spiders caught on fire and chittered in agony as the magical fire took their lives and destroyed the webs built, all except the central web in their clearing which resisted the fire as if it was no more than the wind through the trees.....

Making sure the brave Lord of Mystics was cared for Tari strode to the central web and looked inside, waves of nausea hit her and she felt her very soul being poisoned. Throwing herself backwards she fumbled at her waist and pulled a potion bottle to her lips and drunk deeply amidst racking pains. Feeling the poison subside she stumbled back to the others and astride their horses they galloped back to the Vale to bring reinforcements.....

Meanwhile from within the central web four pairs of eyes watched and waited, soon its time would come....

Calador
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A tale from 2001 - Within the web.

Post by chumbucket »

I think I can improve on this!
Calador wrote:Waiting under an oak tree Calador Lord of Mystics knew something was very wrong, ever since he had discovered the spiders webs to the east of Yew Vale along the Minoc road he had been suspicious. Attatching a message to his pigeon for the guard tower in the Vale he raised his hand and let the bird fly free to bring the news something was wrong..

Moving slowly forward with the stealth and caution that marked him as a woodsman of Yew he slowly approached the large webbed area east of the road and sat and waited. From within slken cocoons came movement and suddenly spiders, fully grown ones at that burst into sight. All were different, some black as night, some grey and some brown. Sighting Calador they spoke in chitterings and then rushed forward, raising his staff Calador spoke words of power and a field of latent energy sprung up in front of him stunning the spiders and rendering them paralysed.

Throwing a small piece of sulphur into the air Calador again spoke words of power and meteors erupted from his staff burning the spiders to ash in an instant. Sweating from the physical and mental effort required Calador allowed himself a brief smile before more chitterings made him look up, standing there was an army of spiders. Realising he had only destroyed the scouts for this evil force Calador prayed to Laraya the Guardian patron of GYE and prepared to fight.....

Pausing for breath, Calador took stock of his situation, his fields of energy held back the vast swarm of spiders and his fingers were bloodied and aching from using the Harp of Laraya to turn the evil creatures upon themselves. He knew he could not last much longer and started to slowly speak words of power to summon an elemental being of fire to aid him fighting the evil creatures. Losing concentration his fields shimmered and faded and the spiders swarmed forward to end his resistance..

A 13 year old male's voice as clear as a whistle cut through the forest, "LOL FAGIT." Caldor fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer. In the precious last few seconds of his life, all Calador saw was [-F-]. HIIMMIKE and Pro proudly looted Calador's corpse while Finesse ran at a superhuman speed towards their next kill.

"Com on fagits LOLOLOL WTF"

The End

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

:lol:

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Calador

Post by Calador »

It has to be said I prefer my version of the tale from 2001 but I feel if it had been pre 1999 then your version would definately have been more historically accurate although I believe you missed the prefix and suffix of 'X' from the protagonists in your tale? X PRO X fits the pattern you portray more I feel?

:mrgreen:

I do however like your alternate ending, it has that little spark that only UO can give you.

Let us refer to your ending as the 'directors cut'.

:wink:
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

HIIMMIKE, Pro, and Finesse (who is in the Valhalla of LEETPVPOMG) don't actually use xXx's thought (oddly enough)!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”