Failed Tax Scam Tale

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Quinas

Failed Tax Scam Tale

Post by Quinas »

Hi all,

My first post here. I decided to pose as a tax collector for Lord British's Sosarian Taxation Office. I met with mixed success. Actually it was mostly a fail, but fun. So every fake tax agent needs a ledger because we all know that documents = proof. Here is my ledger:

My first collection: oldrick. He was a wily fellow, and after a poor attempt at picking me up on my knowledge of the Tax Code (always a foolish thing to do for a false tax agent), he resorted to lieing about having paid his taxes already. This is the last refuge of the tax cheat! He then proceeded to disguise himself magically, but with a moustache that looked like it came from the crotch of a bar wench, he wasn't foolish the sleuthy Bob Bilson. Nevertheless, he managed to thwart the Sosarian Tax Office this time. We do not forget.

My next collection: Condo. I attempted to collect from Condo in the basement near WBB, he was down there with a few colleagues, with a murderous look about them. Unfortunately I was attacked by his colleague Goon, who was egged on by Condo. Later I would find that I was the bait in their ploy, and Goon was the patsy. He was later killed and looted. Condo asked to see my credentials, of which I could of course not provide. I showed him my ledger and a blank receipt from the STO, carefully forged, but he was not wholly convinced. Nevertheless, he relented and after my constant quotations of the Tax Code he paid me his 550gp.

My final collection: Miss Grey Snow. This successful businesswoman seemed like an easy mark. Rich, carefree, and happy to give back to the community. This was not to be so. She cried poor, and despite me providing documentary evidence, she remained unconvinced. She even attempted to provide documents of he own, however I saw through it, professing expertise in document forgery detection. Unfortunately for the Tax Office, but fortunately for Miss Snow, Bob Bilson has a dark secret: a love of purple clothing. Snow knew which button to press, and provided him with a purple surcoat and floral hat. Her debt can be deferred for this month. But we never forget.

Special mention: Following my death and Goon's subsequent murder and looting, he chased his assailants around WBB demanding 'GIVE ME BACK MY REGS'. I helpfully advised him that on the bright side, the loss of his goods would result in a taxable loss this month, and he would not be required to pay any taxes. He did not respond as positively as I had hoped (not pictured unfortunately, this was some time after). It seems some of us can't see the silver linings!

Thanks for reading.

Venom

Re: Failed Tax Scam Tale

Post by Venom »

haha that is pretty funny, good job!

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

Cheech Marin

Re: Failed Tax Scam Tale

Post by Cheech Marin »

What a unique idea.

audidmutt