A man against Britannia, section one

Share stories and special moments with the community.
argetlampuppeh

A man against Britannia, section one

Post by argetlampuppeh »

What follows is a firsthand account of the attempts of one Eron the adventurer to set out into the wilderness and survive against all of the dangers in the world, from the evil rabbit to the monstrous Balron. This account is uncensored, and is meant to educate and entertain the reader.

Here I stand, in the middle of the wilderness, about to begin the first day of my trek across Britannia in an attempt to survive the elements. Already I hear panthers and wolves, and I know worse is yet to come. Armed with only my bow, skinning knife, a few apples, a jug of water, and a lone torch, I rush to find food and a safe camp before night settles.
Setting out
Setting out
My first prey, a rabbit, falls to me, though it takes several arrows, more than I would like. I only have thirty five, and I have to make the count.

On my way back, the ground began to tremble and quake, and the forest erupted in a frenzy of howls and screams. Following the noise, I stumbled upon a troll and an ogre, locked in desperate combat, in a frenzy! I didn't stick around to find out who would win the contest, for fear that the victor would turn on me. I had little to fear though, as an hour later, the ground still rolled.
Titans warring
Titans warring
I had been eager to put distance between myself and the warring titans, but eventually tiredness and hunger overtook me. Chewing on the rabbit meat, I laid my head down beneath a tree, the first day of the long journey at a close.
First night
First night
(Stay tuned for part two!)

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: A man against Britannia, section one

Post by Casey »

Hello, I am not sure if you are aware, but you can make the screen size much bigger. In razor, under the "More Options" tab, there is an option that says "Force Game Size" in the bottom right corner. Check that, and adjust the screen size to your preference. I use 1024 x 768.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Helping him work on that now :P
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You can also set up a hotkey to take SS's, and it's super easy to crop them on MS Paint....just sayin'...

:)
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

If you ever need help with Photoshop, i'd be glad to assist. Its my personal favorite.

Thanks for the tale! :)

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

GIMP is the GNU (free) photoshop ;); it's very powerful but (like photoshop) has quite a bit of a learning curve :).

For simple cropping of screenshots, though, I would (and do) use mspaint.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “Tales of Adventure”