Tales of a bazooka, Part 14: Smokey the Dragon's Janitor

Share stories and special moments with the community.
the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tales of a bazooka, Part 14: Smokey the Dragon's Janitor

Post by the bazookas »

If you are new to the Tales of a bazooka, I recommend that you check out our former tales through the table of contents here.

The bazookas are dedicated to protecting Britannia by wiping out the plague of humans that infests the land. Occasionally, however, a force of nature pops up that does this job for us, and does it very effectively. This tale, therefore, revolves around such an event: the appearence of Smokey the Dragon. This occurrence did not involve the bazookas directly, but we observed it with great interest, and provided direction for our human allies in making the most of it.

Upon hearing the town crier proclaim that Lord British was offering a reward to those who destroyed the dragon named Smokey, Mistah T (one of our closest human allies) decided to investigate. He stopped responding to communications, so our friendly bard (a big sTinker) was called in, only to find poor Mistah T dead on the ground. sTinker took care not to get close to Smokey, and after describing the scene, the bazookas determined through careful analysis that Smokey's fire breath was powerful enough to fell a man in a single blow. This was excellent news, especially since we were apparently the first to figure it out. sTinker relayed it to his friend, the aptly named "Wang Hung Lo".

sTinker, being a somewhat greedy fellow, decided that while Smokey wasn't killing other humans, it might be nice to slowly take him down and get the promised reward. EV's were the obvious choice, since a single EV will take down an ancient wyrm due to the fact that poison does damage based on percentages (not absolute damage), as well as the wyrms forgetting that they have the power to cure themselves for some reason. Smokey, however, was always quick to cure himself. Smarter than the average ancient wyrm, it seems.

There were two other named dragons that appeared: Zarchar and Scale. The bazookas cannot comment on THEIR power, since sTinker provoked them on each other, and they appear to, at least, be of the same power, because they took each other out handily. Their loot? Yes, they had 5 trophies on them... heh, j/k they had normal dragon loot.

It was also determined by careful analysis that Smokey's firebreath was enough to 1-shot a dragon to death.

Based on what the bazookas know about dragons, their firebreath does 5% of their hit points in damage. we would guess that dragons have somewhere between 500-1000 hit points, which means that that Smokey must have had somehwere between 10,000-20,000 hit points (at least). A powerful beast, indeed!

sTinker let the beast do most of the work. He decided to steer clear (aside from provoking dragons / drakes on Smokey), and in particular, to be the much needed cleanup crew for all those poor humans who got breathed on by Smokey.

Some people didn't think sTinker was doing such a good job as the cleanup crew, so they decided to go after him. sTinker stayed near Smokey, just in case Smokey was ready to breath on sTinker's attackers. sTinker tried to help Smokey out by trying to slow his attacker up, but this only got him running out of the dungeon as fast as he could. So, sTinker went back to cleanup duty.

sTinker tried to help his friend take out some cr3w fellow, only to get some others upset at him.

sTinker was lucky this time, because Smokey was ready to breathe upon whomever sTinker told him to. Guerrilla wanted to be on the cleanup crew as well, but he just wasn't cut out for the job (Smokey wasn't pleased with his work, so he "fired" him... Hah!)

At last, an emissary from Lord British--no less than Lord Dupre--appeared upon the scene.

Everybody watched as Dupre prepared to single-handedly dispatch the beast. Just when we thought Smokey's end was near, the inebriated Dupre confessed that he was in no condition to fight.

At least he could warn others--Guerrilla took his warning seriously. Flagg continued to harass sTinker with his tank mage silliness, and got lucky in that Smokey never was ready to breathe on him when the many opportunities were created by sTinker.

Dupre pulled out another beer and cheered the team on, providing much needed morale to the falling warriors. He wasn't too drunk to resurrect The Government, however.

Somehow Dupre was concerned for his life, which is understandable. Luckily, there was plenty of other meat around to draw Smokey's wrath. Everybody was blasting away on poor Smokey.

sTinker noticed something strange going on... I suppose the difficult budget cuts have left the Government no choice but to take money out of the forest fire prevention program...

A bard who will remain unnamed (although he is a genius, and a close ally of the bazookas), thought it best to free Smokey from the distraction of provoked dragons and drakes, in order to help further the bazooka's mission. Understandably, Smokey honed in on the thief that was TAK'in his GLD. a sTinker followed behind, and cleaned up after Smokey (the gold amount will remain undisclosed at this time)

As Smokey drew near to death, the mob of humans began to unleash a neverending stream of energy bolts.

Vegeto ate it, due to that amazing peacemaking bard. The bazookas were very proud of his excellent musicianship and timing.

At last, poor Smokey was defeated (the bazookas shed a tear or two for the poor beast... if only we could have tamed him in some way!). sTinker was a little slow to get to the body (elevation difference created an optical illusion, making him think he was closer than he really was), but he was still able to grab a few piles of gold. The gold amount will remain undisclosed. Admittedly, some thought there should have been more loot. a sTinker wasn't so concerned, however... being Smokey's janitor paid very well. And watching poor BobtheBard bite the dust at the end (I think he was distracted by Smokey's loot), was the cherry on top.

We would like to thank Lord Dupre for alerting the people of Britannia to Smnokey's presence. Our human allies had a wonderful time.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tales of a bazooka, Part 14: Smokey the Dragon's Janitor

Post by Hicha »

So there is a player named Dupre, and a GM named Lord Dupre...
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hicha wrote:So there is a player named Dupre, and a GM named Lord Dupre...
I actually thought the same thing and in fact I asked Derrick about it. They are definitely different people.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

One is bf, you can tell by the way he drinks
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

son wrote:One is bf, you can tell by the way he drinks
I find it strange that nobody else knows that blackfoot has had a GM character for years..

I thought staff didn't have players on second age..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Sandro wrote:
I find it strange that nobody else knows that blackfoot has had a GM character for years..

you banned or what

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Bobs back 'ere
'ere's for you BOB I hope your eugenics program is catchin' on in this modern age :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyUIJIdwEuA
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Sandro wrote:

Glass houses, and so on.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Milliband

Post by Milliband »

Sandro wrote:

epic.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37675 - Violent Library all your Runebook needs.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37676&p=326480#p326480 - Taming Bible explained.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Sandro wrote:I find it strange that nobody else knows that blackfoot has had a GM character for years..

Obviously I can only speculate as to who is or who became a GM and when, etc (that's all anyone can do, I think), but that tends to be a giant waste of time imho. But hey, if you enjoy drama fueled by the rumor mill and/or conspiracy theories... well... "whatever floats your boat", as they say.

Personally, I'm just glad to see a new staff member dedicated to RP. I think Derrick adding such a staff member is a great idea, and I look forward to more good times ahead!

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Epic as always. Thanks to the astute observation and record keeping an event that may have otherwise dissipated into the annals of history has been spectacularly memorialized.

it's as though these bazookas have the ability to instantly capture and freeze any moment in time and then project a visual image of such events.

Although I can only speculate how truthful their oral reiteration of the events really is, their pictures no doubt speak a thousand words..

Thanks Zooks

- Jupiter

Lord Dupre

Post by Lord Dupre »

It is always a tragedy to see such brave men die defending their land!

However, the amount of dead men is also the most honest way to gauge how important the battle was to the people!

This was obviously an important victory...

We will tell tales of the dead at the tavern!

Radical Larry

Post by Radical Larry »

I applaud your dedication to the business at hand.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

De Bludchuk'Hai approob ob dis messug.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”