Savages... Friend or Foe?

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Jupiter

Savages... Friend or Foe?

Post by Jupiter »

One of the most common misconceptions is that wizards are impervious to simple tricks. Despite all their learning and magical power, wizards often fall prey to the simplest of traps by the most common of men. I found himself victim of just such a trap.

On the outskirts of the savage lands, I saw the dusk setting on sooner than I had expected. I had to find shelter for the night, but before I knew it two Iduali scouts discovered me. Using the power of fire, the savages were easily distracted while I cast a protective barrier around the campsite.
Part1.jpg
No sooner where the protective spells completed than a band of brigands lept from their hiding and fastened an amulet of control round my neck. Feeling completely safe, the brigands used my modest understanding of the savage language to taunt Lug and Sta'ker. As it turns out, Idauli do not like being called Urks.

Unable to pass the strong barriers, the clever Iduali warriors lure one of the brigands out and reconfigure her face. Enraged by the Iduali's brutal attack and molestation of his precious Kaveri, he foolishly forced me to summon a elemental of pure fire to send after the Iduali warriors. The power used to summon the fire elemental depleted the strength of the barriers, and the Iduali made quick work of the remaining brigands... myself included.

This clan of nomadic warriors was surprisingly intelligent and possess a deeply rooted sense of honor. What appeared at first a grotesque mutilation of my body was much preferable than being turned into human jerky as they did with the rest of the villains.

These Iduali, are they friend or foe? This much I know.. they like to hit, and they like to hit hard!
Part2.jpg