A fool's errand

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Jupiter

A fool's errand

Post by Jupiter »

While I was about the woods in Yew perusing magical wares among all the local vendors, I chanced upon the Eagles Nest.

In addition to the magical wares and items available for travelers to buy, this spot is a great source of information. I learned here that Moonglow has been troubled recently by the notorious pickpocket, EdDennis. Being my home, I could not bear such news and decided to assist anyway I could. After quickly finishing my milk, I bade the patrol farewell and made haste towards Moonglow.

The suspect was quickly spotted, however, I learned just as quickly why this pickpocket was so menancing. Despite setting several traps and at the cost of several priceless staves, this slick rogue was able to elude me.

Unfortunately for Ed, it appears he had overstayed his welcome far too long. Lady Kayla of the Dragon Tamers and a local Chaos zealot had also been on the lookout for this thief. After disarming any magical barriers he had set upon him I quickly cited the paralyzing spell. EdDennis was frozen in place with no choice but to face his reckoning.

With the streets of Moonglow safe again, my channels of information were reopened. I suddenly received notice that a local Tavern Keep in Skara Brae had come across some alarming news. A local Skarabraen claims he had solved the riddle of the Hedge Maze and somehow found the location of a great treasure. Fearing the treasure was guarded by fearsome creatures, I knew my moment of repost was at an end.

Upon reaching Skara Brae, I crossed paths with Mobolin. Also a stalwart champion of the light, I learned that he was also investigating the news. We set forth towards the Hedge Maze, hoping that this Skarabraen had not already perished.

While we did not find him at the Maze, we did recover his journal. His last entry was a fool's errand... he had set sail for the cavern of demons, Hythloth!

We returned to Mobolin's tower to consult his pool of tranquility. This mystical pool allowed us to safely consider several options to breach Hythloth without requiring us to set foot inside. Despite our best efforts, every scenario that we attempted ended up with the death of the foolish Skarabraen....
Attachments
FoolsErrand copy.jpg