Where have the Fishermen Gone?

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Where have the Fishermen Gone?

Post by Light Shade »

Where have the fishermen gone? They used to reside by the sea south of Vesper but have been scared off by vile brigands. Why do these vile brigands hang out here? They don't know how to fish. They don't use the fishing supplies laid out ever so carefully by the fishermen who used to work there. What is their plan? What vile treachery are they scheming up. I managed to scare them off for now, but I know they'll be back. The poor fishermen cannot even return to their camp on the beach because of these vile brigands. I wonder what is to be done?

Perhaps Lord Dupre knows why the fishermen have disappeared and brigands are in their place. Meh, he's useless....probably passed it in a horn of ale mumbling about Lord British....

[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Jupiter

Re: Where have the Fishermen Gone?

Post by Jupiter »

Light Shade wrote:Where have the fishermen gone? They used to reside by the sea south of Vesper but have been scared off by vile brigands. Why do these vile brigands hang out here? They don't know how to fish. They don't use the fishing supplies laid out ever so carefully by the fishermen who used to work there. What is their plan? What vile treachery are they scheming up. I managed to scare them off for now, but I know they'll be back. The poor fishermen cannot even return to their camp on the beach because of these vile brigands. I wonder what is to be done?

Perhaps Lord Dupre knows why the fishermen have disappeared and brigands are in their place. Meh, he's useless....probably passed it in a horn of ale mumbling about Lord British....

On top of this, why are there no children running around the land? I've often been perplexed that all the citizens this realm seem to be physically aged exactly to adulthood (though much could be debated about their mental equivalence).

One of my greatest fears is that perhaps the Bazooka's have developed some scheme to replace all their victims with 'assimilated' mechanoids... Please, save the fishers! save the children!

- Jupiter

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

The brigands keep coming! Where is Dupre and Lord British when you need them!?!?

The poor fishermen that used to live in this fishing hut are unable to return to their trade. Their children are starving!

When will these vile brigands be ousted and the original fishermen allowed to re-inhabit their Fishing Hut?
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Jupiter wrote:On top of this, why are there no children running around the land? I've often been perplexed that all the citizens this realm seem to be physically aged exactly to adulthood (though much could be debated about their mental equivalence).
The reason is more mundane maybe. The male/female ratio is terrible in Britannia. Maybe upwards of 90% male. Until Lord British legalizes or makes polygamy mandatory (the kind most men don't like, where you have to share your wife with other men), then the chances of children being born in wedlock is pretty much nil. And even among those who have managed to find a special someone, it seems that Britannian men are more interested in home decoration than they are in having sex with a woman, if you get my meaning.

Still, in a country with no decent entertainment (no active theater, bards who bore us by always playing the same tune no matter what instrument and no interesting programming on CCN (the communication crystal network)), where condoms are completely unavailable and carving up a sheep carcass doesn't yield entrails for making your own, it's amazing that there are absolutely no children.

Men and women of Britannia, please make our shard of Sosaria the best and most populous. Go forth and multiply!

Mistress Pudenda

Post by Mistress Pudenda »

There are a LOT more sheep than women ... maybe that is the cause of the problem.

For the sake of Britannia ... KILL THE SHEEP.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”