chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Day in the Life

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Day in the Life

Post by chumbucket »

Someone said to me today that he was surprised to find I was playing at all. He hadn't heard anything of me, and thus he has assumed neither I, nor cA was active. He hadn't seen any stories of our adventures and, I guess, hadn't seen us at the banks, in the dungeons, or looting houses. The latter didn't surprise me so much, as almost all cA members run around disguised most of the time, including myself. But I was taken aback by the fact that I hadn't posted a new tale in so long, and so here I present to you a rough description of the events of this evening.

I logged on later in the day with the aim of pursuing one Jacko of LND, who had been harassing innocent bards usually with a gaggle of NEW members in tow. As luck would have it, she was sitting on top of West Britain Bank with Corbin, a leader of NEW. She seemed eager to take Corbin on a tour of her new collection of homes in the area once known as Shadowmire.

I was eager to get some loot from her patio, which was stocked with what I imagine was the entirety of her UOSA possessions, hastily arranged in stacks upon stacks of chests, bags, and pouches. It seemed to me, however, that I would be unlikely to get in unnoticed, but I had a back up plan: If I am revealed, I will run onto the porch, grab the unsecured dyed armoire, and then grab the extremely heavy chest next to it.

And that's what happened. If you need a lime-green-yellowish armoire, I am your man. If you need Jacko's massive collection of runebooks, I am your man. I ended up putting a cA watch on Jacko's patio, castle, and old haunts, all in the hope that we could hop a gate into the patio, as security tightened even more after the armoire heist. Alas, it wasn't to be, but I did meet the Butterworth gang, who were also by chance on the case and who seemed like a welcome addition to the world of UOSA bardery.

Later in the day, none other than Matron de Winter showed up in search of good times. Long story short, she was very worried that learning Chinese involved communications via the butt, but I won't bore you with the details of that. Suffice to say that we took off in search of loot. And loot was quickly to be found in the form of the S&M guild, who, despite their suggestive name, did not help Matron out with her Chinese but were kind enough to invite us both into their fully stocked guild tower. Alas, Matron managed to walk right over me as soon as we got in, so she apologized for coming in the gate and showed herself out. An S&M member followed her out and scolded her for so carelessly going into an unknown gate.

I, on the other hand, remained hidden. I assumed the downstairs storage room was locked up tight, as the keys next to it seemed to suggest, but also noticed that the table security blocking the upstairs was currently not properly in place. I took the opportunity to go upstairs, noting a bag on the second floor whose contents were almost certainly a reagent collection---nine items and significant weight. Alas, the room was also locked up tight. I decided my best chance was to stake it out and sneak in if and when they went in to macro. Not a minute later, they did that very thing. I came in with them, checked the bag, and score: thousands upon thousands of reagents and a decent number of bandages to go with them. I just need to get them ready to move. Just as I did, they came over to the bag, looked in it, and stepped on me in the process. I knew the reveal and ban was coming, and braced for it. I would have only seconds to get the loot out in a gate.

The reveal never came. They all disappeared. Did they log? Did they go AFK? Matron did a quick tracking check, showing that they were still there. I moved the reagents to a wall and bided my time. They came back and disappeared again, only a few minutes later. This time they were gone. I moved the reagents downstairs, let Matron back in, and grabbed what I could from the front room. A decent haul.

And then Matron opened the door to the first floor storage room.

We took everything. Home security was lax. No reveals even when stepped on, even when players run in the gate for you to plainly see. No tables locked down. No doors locked. And to top it all off, the place was full of maps, hundreds upon hundreds of maps. We disposed of some, but quickly tired of cleaning as well as our normal job of securing the house. We left a note expressing our displeasure.

So in the span of maybe two hours, I along with Matron had looted about a million gold worth of items. We topped off the night by punishing those who would macro in town unattended, netting a couple thousand more reagents and many laughs. A quick stop by an IDOC proved boring, and so I sorted the goods, wrote this up, and logged off. It was a good day, well above average in terms of loot. But the real reason to share it is just to let you know that chumbucket and Associates is out there on the job, everyday, righting wrongs, protecting sheep, enforcing the law, securing homes, learning Chinese, and bringing bardic adventure to you, the undeserving masses.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Day in the Life

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

What a precarious location to store a choppable item worth 500k.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:What a precarious location to store a choppable item worth 500k.
I have moved it to a safer location.

Downs

Post by Downs »

oh sure, don't credit me for the bombings
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Downs wrote:oh sure, don't credit me for the bombings
Do I know you?

Downs

Post by Downs »

Ya i embarrased u 1v1 no pots ful loot
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

jynxx

Post by jynxx »

I was there (Eru) in the patio house with my friend (Mavina) to try invade(here in the arrow to be more exact)
We got a bag with alot of magic gears and another with alot of runes, and open the way for you enter the house when Lady Jacko run to try to kill me, and leave the door opened to you enter freely lol :D
I'm new in this server and read legends about Chumbucket, when I saw you recalling there we stand astonished "omg Chumbucket is here O_O"
I was fun, later I will post the bags with the itens ;)
Thanks Lady Jacko for the loot and Chumbucket for the fun time!

Mavina

Post by Mavina »

I was on raidcall with my friend Eru... talking about a guy in stealth about 7min(Brann something like that) So i see the name chumbucket´s on the screen! we came a complete stunned LOL
We stole some magic´s gear and junk´s ... but was really fun

Jack0´s brothers thanks for the goods xD

ps chumbucket´s gate portal with a chest scene was no price!!! ur the man!

Skrypt

Post by Skrypt »

Shoulda chopped the box.

jynxx

Post by jynxx »

Mavina

Post by Mavina »

jynxx

Post by jynxx »

:shock: :lol:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It was a pleasure to have been able to offer my services.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

MatronDeWinter wrote:It was a pleasure to have been able to offer my services.
I owe you pretty large share of the loot.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't care, buy me a small house if I am ever on frequently enough to refresh it.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”