A confrontation with fools

Share stories and special moments with the community.
AlexCCCP

A confrontation with fools

Post by AlexCCCP »

I, the warrior Selotick, torch holder for the Dungeon Guards was lazying about Cove pondering if I should make an effort to seek the infamous scoundrel, chumbucket, during his event in hopes of the keep deed prize. Lightly armored and carrying a +25 Katana of Force, a mere 30 bandages and no potions I was at the gate.

Suddenly, I saw a red name approach and a dastardly murderer parked himself outside the gate with a Bardiche in hand in apparent challenge! I'm not much for player versus player combat but decided to venture and give it a whirl!

I stormed outside the gate past the red and stood several steps behind him, he makes the first move and attacks. We briefly tango but I see another red name approach! No one for foolish odds I made a break for the cove gates, the second name ran in and Flamestriked me at an unfortunate time for him, resulting in a guard whacking!

Odds evened I ran back out to struggle with the original Bardiche wielding red. We ran back and forth with little headway and stamina was low. I pressed on and miraculously brought the bandaging Bardiche wielder to the brink, he ran for it, but alas seemingly ran out of stamina and also had no potions. I laid the kill blow, claim miniscule loot and the heads of both these fools. But then I found a rune on one with a shrug I figured WHY NOT!

And recalled on it to arrive at a small House not far from Cove. I hid on the stairs, surely they couldn't be so foolish. Not a minute later the resurrected former wielder of the Bardiche ran up... opened the door... entered... and was res killed by me as I stormed into the house. 3 boxes, obviously only one one secure and no locks. I began to pillage recovering some 13k in gold and a small amount of regs before the second red ran up, alas with health. I attacked but was banned before the deed was done. Overloaded outside the home I ran to hide, expending my stamina, and decide what to keep.

Dumping any excess weight I still managed 13k and perhaps 500 regs total. Recalling to the bank I deposited my well earned gains and turned in the heads. Sadly only worth 513gp and 1gp, clearly these fools only preyed upon poor newbs.

It is not often I succeed in doing good, but getting the better of two foolish murderers I am quite proud and here I share my story, my first such post in my middling UOSA career.

To the two reds, I'm not sorry, the hell with you!
Last edited by AlexCCCP on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Horngold

Re: A confrontation with fools

Post by Horngold »

Hah, not bad

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

A deed truly meriting a toast.

To the death of the reds.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I stood up and applauded when I read this.

It was good to read a non-"omg house loot extravaganza" post. Don't get me wrong I admire the skill and patience it takes to get one of those. But this was nice to see the full spectrum of UO :)

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

A good 'Tales of Adventure' story has screenshots....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Boxcar Sean

Post by Boxcar Sean »

FishinPro wrote:A good 'Tales of Adventure' story has screenshots....
Agreed. Proof or Shins

Return to “Tales of Adventure”