Blink Tricks Home Security

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Millerisfuntoplay

Blink Tricks Home Security

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

Just a little score but thought I would still share some pics.
Attachments
Blinks loot.jpg

Horngold

Re: Blink Tricks Home Security

Post by Horngold »

Tales of adventure should include tales

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Horngold wrote:Tales of adventure should include tales
Miller stepped out of the gate high atop the West Britain Bank...

Still chuckling over this ill gotten gains (or hard earned in another person's perspective), he sauntered around the roof.

When suddenly, he felt the sure and unforgettable sting of a katana ripping into his shoulder. Frantically he ran towards a gaping hole in the bank. Dropping down, he managed to fire off a heal "In Vas Mani!"

Unsure of whether or not he still held a rune or some other precious item from Blink's home, he recalled away. This was the day Turbo Al'Esaule almost got Millerisfuntoplay. Perhaps they'll play again another day...

/tale

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

It was a dark and stormy night. Miller entered town cautiously.

"Thou wilt regret thine actions, swine!"

Miller had forgotten he was red. To console himself, he decided then to post a picture of some his own loot to Tales of Adventure.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Announcing the Miller Fan Fiction contest. The best piece of Miller fan fiction posted here, as judged by me, gets 100,000 gold! It must go along with the picture Miller posted! Good luck!

Cullinarn

Post by Cullinarn »

This is the tale of Miller, a misunderstood philanthropist who sought only to better the condition of the subjects of Lord British...

As an educator born, Miller felt listless. True, he had taught many lessons this past day -- indeed, he had just generously taught, pro bono, a very important lesson to a reckless traveller: DRAGONS DON'T DROP CHESTS! Yet still, while that particular traveller might be more able to handle the rigours of the land in the future, Miller felt unfulfilled. If only there were a way for him to reach the masses; to pass on to those in need the wisdom that he had accrued over the years. Yes, the lessons would be hard -- Miller took no pleasure in that, consummate philanthropist that he was -- but they were necessary.

He walked far and wide, like the peripatetics of yore. And then the inspiration struck him as a chain of free association: Peripatetics! Aristotle! Plato! The Academy!

Immediately, Miller knew what he must do: found an academy for the betterment of all the underpriviledged citizens of Britannia! Yet, lo; all of his wealth was under the care of the notoriously predatory Britannian bankers. It would take him ages to walk to the bank, talk his way through the cumbersome, bureaucratic chain of financial vampires, and secure his own funds. And yet here he was, in the middle of a clearing, where he presciently saw before his eyes the facade of a beautiful university.

Truly, something had to be done. He simply could not wait on the pen-pushers at the fisc if he was to expedite his dream of serving Britannia. He was at a loss, and began to despair of his dream of helping those who were in need of his knowledge.

Yet lo! What was that on the horizon? It was a cottage! Perhaps the owner would be able to help Miller collect his thoughts over an ale. It was worth a try, anyway. And so, Miller knocked on the door. Yet when he knocked, the door creaked slightly. It appeared that the owner had failed to lock his door. Miller, as the consummate philanthropist he is, decided that he must investigate further. Upon entering, he found a single room, devoid of anyone, but filled with chests and sacks of various items, all recklessly thrown about the cottage.

Miller was of two minds... On the one hand, he was disgusted by the shabby condition of the room; on the other, he was possessed of a desire to help the owner of the home by organizing a bit. But before he could even begin, Miller had an epiphany! He COULD organize the room for the owner, but then the owner would just mess it up again; hardly a gift, that. If he managed to put the owner's goods to a higher purpose, however, he would be granting a gift that lasted forever!

At this point one might say that it was wrong of Miller to think to appropriate the goods of another, without asking permission, to serve his own designs. I can only tell you that Miller is SUCH a philanthropist that he could not even conceive that the sort of fellow who would own a home would not be overjoyed at the opportunity to start a university.

And so Miller began sorting the items into sacks, so that he might carry them into the clearing and begin his Academy. There were chests for storing the endowment, and more than enough weapons for training students in the art of war. There were packs and satchels, and even a few food items which he knew he could not serve, as they were likely expired, and he would soon have to petition for his Academy to be accredited. There were paintings to put on the walls of the administration building, and all manner of blueprints for improvements. The one problem is that there was only the one bookcase.

Now Miller had more to teach the citizens of Britannia than would fit in a paltry bookcase. He was despondent at first. He beat his breast, and demanded to know, of the universe, why his philanthropic goals were being frustrated by such a mundane problem at the very moment of their fruition. Then, he found his inspiration! He had helped this one homeowner to serve the interests of the Britannian citizens, which was all well and good in its place. Yet would it not be wrong to refrain from helping ALL of the homeowners of Britannia? Truly, if he had helped one man to be charitable, he had done well; but if he helped ALL the men and women of Britannia to be charitable and to serve in the higher goal of public education, would he not have done much better? Miller, the consummate philanthropist, could do naught else but try...
Cullinarn
Founder
The House of Oor'tael

Malifice

Post by Malifice »

Miller sounds like a huge liberal, forcing others to donate to charity!
This was a good read.
[08:48:36] <Derrick> I think that unfair heavy handed bans are the norm on the main channel

Cullinarn

Post by Cullinarn »

Malifice wrote:Miller sounds like a huge liberal, forcing others to donate to charity!
This was a good read.
Thank you very much, Malifice, for your compliment on my writing. I was very happy to know that I was able to give someone an enjoyable way to pass a bit of time. :)

There might be a sequel. I don't know. I'm torn between leaving the original, open ended conclusion in place (which suggests further "additions" to the endowment), or trying to develop Miller's character. I don't want to be unfaithful to the actual playstyle adopted by fair Miller (I have been a beneficiary of his education in the past), and I don't want to drop the specific narrative adopted to muddle "good"/"bad" actions... We'll see...

Let's get some more stories here! It's hardly a contest with only one submission. BUMP! :P
Cullinarn
Founder
The House of Oor'tael

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Malifice wrote:Miller sounds like a huge liberal, forcing others to donate to charity!
This was a good read.
I second this! it completely changed my perspective!

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

That dang Miller he has made me cry for the last time… he talks with such silver words “oh dear sweet heart I love you so much, you are the one and only”. Miller is a liar and a thief. How many times have I helped him to go into someone’s house, him saying “oh this is my cousin or my friend they are paying me to move them or they have sold this place and have nowhere to put their things so we are taking them to his place for safe keeping”. All in the name of love I helped him. He was using me and 4 more wenches. Well they probably are just like me believing his lies…He is true to no one, as she stomps her foot , we could all get together and kill him I guess, but that would not hurt him but stealing his ill-gotten gains, his precious stolen things.. Oh it will make him sick... him thinking he is so smart that even Chumbucket could not get in his house… Just wait till he gets back from his raid with, oh what is her name tonight? Who did that person tell me? Oh wait, Sally that is her name, well Sally and Miller can have each other, all of this loot is coming home with me. Miller can rot in Hades. Heaven help the next wench he sweet talks. I will reward Chumbucket well for telling me what a cheat and liar Miller is. In fact, I will just give Chumbucket all of this junk. That will hurt Miller more than me taking it. I will have to leave a note telling him where his stuff has gone…. She laughs as she is loading up the bags…
Xandy

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Oh snap! Miller just went from playboy-philanthropist to playboy-in-the-dog house!

Cullinarn

Post by Cullinarn »

Are we still doing this contest? And do I need to add a second chapter? :lol:
Cullinarn
Founder
The House of Oor'tael

Return to “Tales of Adventure”