[PL] The Ghost Pirates - ep1 "landlubbers beware"

Share stories and special moments with the community.
thomp22

[PL] The Ghost Pirates - ep1 "landlubbers beware"

Post by thomp22 »

Since the pirates of [PEE] and [CORE] had been rather lazy during the past days,
we decided it was time to spark some action and bring devastation upon the dwellers of the land.
Our fearless captain, Roger Don, together with [PL] and [ANG] came up with a brilliant plan:
"what if you installed a wyrm cannon on the board?" and so the Ghost Pirates was born.
This great machine was first tested at the entrance of Ice dungeon, it looked something like this:

Everything went as planned and the loot-team cleaned up the scene quickly.
However due to the lack of man power, we were forced to withdraw.
Still important intel was gathered during the process.
Now it was time to move on and put the ship of death into a real use.
Finally we heard about an idoc that was near the sea, we didn't think twice, it was time to act!

Roger Don skillfully navigating and causing havoc.

After an hour or two, our ship got stuck and it looked like the end was near.
The landlubbers were confident in their victory but the tides were turned
when our captain released the wyrms and they poured out and more and more fell victims.
A revenge was also taken on the traitor for placing his boat on our way, blocking the movement.

Some extra pictures from the journey:

Malaikat

Re: [PL] The Ghost Pirates - ep1 "landlubbers beware"

Post by Malaikat »

Panty Liners guild,

I applaud your dedication to killing people despite having never learned to skillfully PvP. Don't let the game's intricate and technical mechanics stand in the way of...letting it's AI mobiles launch spells at people.

Kind of Kind Regards,

Malaikat Maut

p.s. I'm totally ripping off Tempest.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

thomp22

Post by thomp22 »

Malaikat wrote:Panty Liners guild,

I applaud your dedication to killing people despite having never learned to skillfully PvP. Don't let the game's intricate and technical mechanics stand in the way of...letting it's AI mobiles launch spells at people.

Kind of Kind Regards,

Malaikat Maut

Seems like another failed hally-mage has found his way over here. Worry not, even you can become strong by buying our state of the art wyrm cannon:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=48179&p=405950#p405950

Discount code: malaikat-lost-his-mare

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Losing a mare to me is like losing a wyrm to you. But I assure you it happens far less often.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Greenhell

Post by Greenhell »

Panty Liners guild,

Kind of Kind Regards,

Malaikat Maut

If you're saying their tactics are rudimentary and take no skill ... what are you saying about people who die to it?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm not saying it's ineffective. It is. But that's not what I was getting at. Yes, I died to Hax's wyrms while riding a mare, but I was also being dumped on by no less than three other tank mages. No one decent at pvp is dying to them solo.

It's akin to town gating reds. With enough patience, you can eventually get some talent to fall for it, but it's a practice that's generally shunned by scholars of the game.

Had I walked out of Ice that day, 1 click of my invis ring macro would have ended the party. Two clicks would have put an EV on the boat...

thomp22

Post by thomp22 »

Malaikat wrote:I'm not saying it's ineffective. It is. But that's not what I was getting at. Yes, I died to Hax's wyrms while riding a mare, but I was also being dumped on by no less than three other tank mages. No one decent at pvp is dying to them solo.

It's akin to town gating reds. With enough patience, you can eventually get some talent to fall for it, but it's a practice that's generally shunned by scholars of the game.

Had I walked out of Ice that day, 1 click of my invis ring macro would have ended the party. Two clicks would have put an EV on the boat...
That is exactly why you would have failed, again, which would have made it the fourth time. We understand how much anxiety and grief being eaten by the wyrms three times can cause and we were touched by your tragic end. In the future we try our best to avoid hurting the feelings of any newcomers.

Also this is why you would have failed:

1. You utterly lack reflexes to hit your invis macro

2. EV wouldn't touch the wyrms because there was a hidden char on board

3. Even if you managed to hit the wyrms with EV: a) they dispel b) we dispel c) we peacemake d) we mass cure

4. You can forget points 2 and 3, because you would have been revealed in the first place

Bonus 5. You lost to the wyrms "solo", which makes you? Answer: deluded from the reality

Now we suggest you 5 to 10 hours of hally cycling to improve your skills and ten pieces of Sudokus to improve your brains.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

thomp22 wrote: 1. You utterly lack reflexes to hit your invis macro
Surely. It's well known fact that my reflexes are extremely slow. Duel?
2. EV wouldn't touch the wyrms because there was a hidden char on board
I didn't realize that I needed to go over the entire scenario. Obviously there's a hider or a box on the boat...

How about a recall? A few invis/tele ring charges? Or a little trick I have up my sleeve that would have allowed me to simply walk right back in the entrance...
3. Even if you managed to hit the wyrms with EV: a) they dispel b) we dispel c) we peacemake d) we mass cure
Congrats?
4. You can forget points 2 and 3, because you would have been revealed in the first place
And then I would have...run away...invised again...any number of things really.
Bonus 5. You lost to the wyrms "solo", which makes you? Answer: deluded from the reality
Except that never happened. Maybe on my eval macer when I lost connection. I seem to vaguely remember not giving a shit about dying to someone's wyrms on such an occasion.
Now we suggest you 5 to 10 hours of hally cycling to improve your skills and ten pieces of Sudokus to improve your brains.
No need, my man. My skills are impeccable.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

THERE IS ONLY ONE STYLE OF PLAY AND THAT IS CYCLING HALLYS!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Boondock_Saint wrote:THERE IS ONLY ONE STYLE OF PLAY AND THAT IS CYCLING HALLYS!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
There are few play styles that allow for the objective measurement of one's skill or technical ability. Releasing a boat full of aggressive mobiles in front of an IDOC isn't one of them.

Effectiveness or entertainment isn't my issue. I'm fine with all that, but it's similar to music. There's musical taste, which is subjective, but there is a way to objectify musical talent. Also, technical ability in the music world rarely translates into mainstream success. It's absolute fact that Katy Perry is more successful than Dream Theater in terms of fame and fortune, but those dudes are world class musicians with masters degrees in music composition form the Berklee College of Music.

I'm basically being an elitist asshole.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Malaikat wrote: I'm basically being an elitist asshole.

Which is why we love you Mr. Maut.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

thomp22

Post by thomp22 »

Malaikat wrote: Except that never happened. Maybe on my eval macer when I lost connection. I seem to vaguely remember not giving a shit about dying to someone's wyrms on such an occasion.
That was your excuse when you became the food for the wyrms the first time.
This is getting beyond ridiculous, get a wyrm cannon and come back to challenge me,
and remember to cycle your hally for at least twenty hours before, because you simply lack skill and intelligence
to challenge me. First you die three times (actually i believe it's even more) and because that just simply wasn't enough,
you decide to come here and fail on my thread as well.

This was funny first time but now I realize you're dead serious about what you say.

"omg never died to your in solo duelz, except when i just died, but it was because my mare broke its leg".

Go spam someone elses stories. Well I know in that ragemode you can't just leave it, heh.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I don't die often, so I usually remember them. Post some pics and jog my memory, because I'm pretty certain you're combining deaths from both Hendrix and I. I could see the two of us totaling 3 or 4 - counting my con-lost death.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Lol, I'm all for this wyrm cannon. Well done!

How'd you get them to not each other once wild?
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

thomp22

Post by thomp22 »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Lol, I'm all for this wyrm cannon. Well done!

How'd you get them to not each other once wild?
They will attack each other so peacemaking is needed. Also the wyrms won't throw any spells until
they have been hit so a chain lightning / explo pot will activate them.