cA Adventures: Home Security Notice

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

cA Adventures: Home Security Notice

Post by chumbucket »

We here at chumbucket and Associates take home security very seriously. That's why when one our associates, Paul Auger, noticed that TG had left a table unlocked even though that table is a key part of their tower security setup, he sprung in to action. Eventually, he managed to contact me, and I came to assist and finish up after he left. We moved the goods to a safe location for storage until the tower has been brought up to the proper safety standards.

At chumbucket and Associates, the security of your home is our number one concern. So when you think home security, think chumbucket and Associates.

Last edited by chumbucket on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: cA Adventures: Home Security Notice

Post by zzyzx »

How lucky can you be?

I can't even steal a key at a bank without getting guard whacked, much less nab thousands of items from someone's house...

*sigh*
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Downs

Post by Downs »

its not luck, its dedication to a safer britannia

Opera

Post by Opera »

Sweet jesus! :shock:

Pro

Post by Pro »

well one less person off the field I guess...sigh

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

hehe

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Nice work. Though I was interested to see no pic of the allegedly unlocked table moved out of place. The first shot seems to show him IN the table...but maybe he is just above it. With orcish life I'm not behind a row of tables very often.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Vishakt wrote:Nice work. Though I was interested to see no pic of the allegedly unlocked table moved out of place. The first shot seems to show him IN the table...but maybe he is just above it. With orcish life I'm not behind a row of tables very often.
WTF HAX!

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

*CARES*
your idea of fun is wandering around for HOURS upon HOURS in and out of peoples houses trying to loot shit you'll never even use. the closest thing ive seen to one of you trying to pvp is matron failing recall and dying. this game is 10 years old and you still think stealthing around stealing gnarled staffs and house keys is fun? kinda sad imo
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

HI IM MIKE wrote:*CARES*
your idea of fun is wandering around for HOURS upon HOURS in and out of peoples houses trying to loot shit you'll never even use. the closest thing ive seen to one of you trying to pvp is matron failing recall and dying. this game is 10 years old and you still think stealthing around stealing gnarled staffs and house keys is fun? kinda sad imo
lol, I thought you and your guild quit?

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

your idea of fun is wandering around for HOURS upon HOURS in and out of dungeons trying to loot shit you'll never even use. the closest thing ive seen to one of you trying to not show off your epeen is HI IM MIKE failing to afk macro and dying. this game is 10 years old and you still think running around looting 10 of each reg and a gm halbred and house keys is fun? kinda sad imo

QFT but I had to change a few words in bold, you know tomato tomato

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

HAHA CA IS SUX THEY DUN EVEN LEET PVP LOL WTF GAY!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
lol, I thought you and your guild quit?

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

I'm new here. I found this shard yesterday and I'm still here at the end of today, so I'm certain that I'll be around for a long while. I met Chumbucket earlier today. There are a few reasons I don't like him:

His name isn't capitalized. Makes him look like some idiot who just got a computer and thinks he's a gamer.
He runs around shouting things in all caps. Make him look like some idiot who... see above.

Aside from that, there are a few reasons I do like him:
He's smart. He baited me into thinking he was a lowly transient, and absolutely kicked my ass when I tried to take advantage of him. I'm smart. The way he got one over on me made me respect him.

Aside from that, I wanted to quote your post above. I think that you're betraying your own emotions by not thinking through a response before posting it. If you're the victim of their antics above, I understand where you're coming from. Instead though, you might have been better served by not responding at all. When it comes down to it, anyone who's an idiot is laughing at you, and anyone who's slightly intellectual sees you losing face in the matter. I'm sharing because I've been on your side of the pole so many times, hopefully I can impart some wisdom to a frustrated player.

More directly though, I want to point out that spending hours looking for an unguarded house absolutely is a playstyle that can be justified by the player, and by the community. After eleven years I've returned to UO because there is no other real "Sandbox" game out there. I can't tell you how much fun I've had wandering around town talking to NPCs about nothing because I know another player is watching me, or because I'm becoming more immersed in the character of the toon that I've created.

Long point shortened, don't begrudge someone their playstyle for any reason. Sure he may never have used any of that loot, but the fact is that he plays in a game world that allows him the ability to sneak into someone's house and steal from them (no matter how useless or worthless the loot is), and he gets a thrill from it. I've gotten my thrills in this game from far, far lesser rewards.
†Lord Silas Du'Vry
Prophet of Kerahl
The Cult of the Midnight Wraiths

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

vlast got owned...
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.