Wud'strig and the Shadowquest

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Wydstrin

Wud'strig and the Shadowquest

Post by Wydstrin »

Wud’strig’s Shadowquest
Ash muun
Chapter 1
“Skat!” The orcs yelled as they chased Wud’strig out of the fort. “Nub kom bak ‘til latz proov latz iz tru urk!”
Armed only with the tree branch that Velg’amog bid him to pick up as he was being sent out into the lands Wud’strig proceeded to prove himself to the rest of the clan. As he was traveling south along the road he came across a chest. Curious to see what was inside, he opened it.
Wud’strig was greatly disappointed at finding only 12 empty bottles within the worn chest, but he decided to keep it anyway as he could use it to keep his plunder from the lands and to present it to his clan upon his safe return. He traveled further down the road still unsure as to what he should do, he was a new and untested orc, strong yes, but untested.
“Ytssysh!” Wud’strig turned around quickly to see that a lizardman was quickly approaching him with menace in its beady eyes. “Me wil klomp id hosh, agh tayk ids shinee womp!” Wud’strig said to himself. He proceeded to do so, but ended up in poor health for his efforts. Injured and bleeding Wud’strig continued down the road. It was then that he thought he heard a voice whisper his name.
When the sun was almost set Wud’strig found himself near a human’s house, and noticed that at this particular one there was a merchant selling wares. Not normally interacting with humans but still hurting from his earlier encounter he decided to see if there was anything of use being sold here. With the few coins in his pocket he approached the merchant and looked to see his wares. “Skah!” Wud’strig exclaimed, “Dis humie hav nubting!” at this Wud’strig proceeded to tear apart the human’s house with a vengeance. In doing so he found an unlocked chest with a keg filled with a red liquid. He took it as tribute from this poor excuse for a merchant.
As he proceeded to wander the lands he thought he heard a voice again. He ignored it and continued south. “Wuuud’striig!” the voice boomed. “Skah! Wat iz dat, whu iz lat?!” Wud’strig exclaimed. “Relvinian musd be klomp’d! Lat musd du dis fer me! Fer da klan!” the voice boomed again, “Distard!” and then there was silence. Knowing that this must be the Wargod was telling him what he must do for his quest, Wud’strig proceeded even further south towards the dungeon Destard.

Ash muun
Chapter 2
As Wud’strig entered the cave a foul odor wafted across his nostrils. “Nubhsoh! Dat smelz wurz den Krothuz fartz!” He mumbled. A roar filled the cavernous space and Wud’strig found himself staring down a dragon. “Lizzards! Bubhosh me sneeki!” he said as he proceeded to stealth past the dragon. Further into the cave he crept towards the sound of a whispering voice.
Deep in the cave Wud’strig found a ship floating in a pool of water, he wondered how it had happened to get there. But before he was able to figure it out he was attacked by an elemental of water. He quickly vanquished his foe, and was rewarded by the Wargod with a new set of magical chainmail leggings. At this point Wud’strig realized that he had taken a wrong turn and decided it would be best to retrace his steps.
As he was stealthing his way down another path to the back of the cave, he tripped and revealed himself. He was immediately waylaid by a drake. Wud’strig decided that he would take this chance to test his strength against the creature. After a long battle Wud’strig was victorious!
Wud’strig made his way to the back of the cave and found that the whispering voice was getting louder. He found a shrine of virtue and walked towards it. “Wud’strig!” the voice from earlier boomed at him, “Desicrayt dis shryn agh me wil blah lat da nexd step in ur kwest!”
“Veri hosh!” said the voice, “fynd da hid’n valli agh lat wil fynd latz nekst clu!” With this Wud’strig ran out of the dank, smelly cave as quickly as he could.
Out in the lands Wud’strig wandered around the forests and jungles of the southern lands. After some aimless wandering he found an unlocked house. He crept inside and found that no one was home. Wud’strig took this opportunity to loot any items that he could get his hands on. “GRGRAGRARGAGR!” a noise startled Wud’strig until he realized that it was his stomach. Looking around the house he came across a number of stale holiday cakes. “Cayks iz cayks” he said as he proceeded to gobble them down. “Dese cayks ar hosh, me shuud tayk sum tu Velg’amog” and proceeded to pack some into the chest that he found earlier.
It was at this time that Wud’strig found his eyelids getting heavy and proceeded to lay down and go to sleep.

Wud’strig’s Shadowquest
Dub muun
Chapter 3
Wud’strig awoke at dawn; he was outside of the house that he had slept in the night before. He did not remember how he had gotten outside, but he decided that it was for the better as the owner had come back home. And Wud’strig did not want to stick around for the owner to realize that it was he who had taken all he could grab and eaten the stale holiday cakes.
Wud’strig set out to find the hidden valley that the Wargod had spoken of, and continued his quest to find this Relvinian and defeat him.
After some searching Wud’strig stumbled upon the entrance to the hidden valley and proceeded forth, ignoring the corpses of humans that littered the ground. There was some dark and sinister magic afoot in this valley.
Deep in the valley was a tower inhabited by an evil murderous mage. Knowing that he would not be able to pry the answers he needed from this mage, he rushed in and slew him. He would have to find the answers on his own.
In a cell there was a crystal ball, Wud’strig went to investigate it and peered deeply into its swirling depths. Within the crystal ball Wud’strig saw what appeared to be a labyrinth made of hedges. “Dis musd be weer dis Relvinian iz hid’n. Me wil fynd id agh klomp ‘im hosh!” Wud’strig said.
He proceeded to investigate the rest of the valley, mostly to see if there was any tribute to be found.
He found a cave with a marble tiled floor, and upon this floor were strange arcane inscriptions. As Wud’strig was walking around and investigating it he was teleported back to the mage tower that he had been in only a few moments earlier, this time on the lower level. There was no tribute to be found, only moldy old tomes that he could not read. What does an orc need with reading anyway?
Dub muun
Chapter 4
Wud’strig left the hidden valley and started to search the lands for the labyrinth, only he did not know where to begin his search. During his battles he came upon an encampment of brigands who had a young human in chains.
Wud’strig quickly dispatched the brigands and even though he was distrustful of humans he was at an impasse with his quest. “Lat gruk wer dere iz a mayz uv hedjes?” he asked the human captive. “What?” the captive responded. “LAT GRUK WER DERE IZ A MAYZ UV HEDJES!?” Wud’strig screamed back. “Yes, I do, but I will only tell you if you will take me back to my home in the Lost Lands. The journey is fraught with dangers, and as you can see I am easily captured by even the stupidest of brigands.” The human captive responded. Having no other options that he could see Wud’strig agreed and released him and started to take the human back to his home.
After a couple of hours of travel, Wud’strig began to grow impatient, so when a band of lower orcs attempted to attack them as they traveled the roads, Wud’strig slipped into the shadows and let them slaughter the human.
Wud’strig searched the young human’s corpse for anything of value and was happy to find a map of the lands. And on the map Wud’strig saw what he could only guess was a maze made of hedges. Knowing where the labyrinth laid he now had to find his way out of the Lost Lands.
So he ran.
And ran.
And ran some more.
He was getting tired of all of this running.
And when he thought that he might fall down from exhaustion.
He found a portal to Britannia.
He stepped through it…
And found that he was on an island. Dejected Wud’strig passed back through the portal to the Lost Lands and continued to search for another way out. However, he had barely taken two steps when a mage upon a dark horse attempted to murder Wud’strig right there and then.
The mage even tried to use a summoned energy vortex to murder poor Wud’strig. But to no avail, Wud’strig’s sneakiness was mightier than all the arcane power the mage possessed, and he was able to escape.
After a little more searching Wud’strig found a cave out of the Lost Lands, and found himself in the mineral rich lands north of Minoc. Exhausted at this point, Wud’strig grabbed a nearby goat for use as a pillow and went to sleep.

Wud’strig’s Shadowquest
Gahk muun
Chapter 5
Wud’strig woke up; his goat pillow seemed to have wandered away. “Skah, me waz gona eet dat fuud.” Knowing now where he had to go he ventured south towards the City of Minoc. On his way he was attacked by an ogre, which he quickly dispatched and relieved of its gold.
He arrived at the edge of town and decided it would be best to sneak through ass quickly as possible to avoid guard patrols and enemies of Shadowclan.
Shortly thereafter he made it through and headed towards the moongate, which according to his map should take him to the Britain moongate, which was close to the maze.
He headed south into the wilderness, and after a short journey he came to some signs nailed to the trees. After a few tense moments of concentration he was able to read the word “Relvinian” and knew then that he was in the right place.
Wud’strig found a way into the Hedge Maze and proceeded to make his way through. He got lost for hours and had to double back many times before he made it to the center.
In the center of the maze he found an undead mage of immense power. He approached with his magic quarterstaff and proceeded to battle with the mage for what seemed like hours. Many times Wud’strig came close to death, but he would dodge around a corner and hide, heal, and sneak back to the fight. Eventually the evil undead mage succumbed to Wud’strig’s superior strength and cunning.
Wudstrig explored the buildings but much to his dismay found nothing in the way of tribute. His quest complete he announced it to the Wargod, and made his way out of the maze.
However as Wud’strig approached the exit he heard a voice, this one was different from the one he had heard days before. “Yooou haave not defeeeated meeee…” At this an elemental of water appeared, Wud’strig prepared himself and quickly defeated it, but not before he was wrought a final curse.
Wud’strig healed himself and dismissed the curse as best he could. Proud of his accomplishments and certain that he was ready to head back into the fold of his clan, Wud’strig headed north…

Jupiter

Re: Wud'strig and the Shadowquest

Post by Jupiter »

herrbdog

Post by herrbdog »

HOOOWAH!

lat shaddurkwest iz bubhosh!

Chance

Post by Chance »

Great story & Congrats!
~ Xigig ~ Mojoka ~ Shadowclan Orcs ~

Darix

Post by Darix »

Nice :)
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Cool story man, we need more RPers on this shard. Where have the orcs been lately? I went to their fort a few times this week but no ones there. (I went to the one by Yew, not the other one)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

People like to watch RPer's like children watch monkey's at the zoo.

"Where are they mummy? Can I throw stuff at them? I heard that if you show them your eyeball they'll get furious and try and throw their turd at you!"

haha.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”