First Encounter with a Murderer

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Peetrik

First Encounter with a Murderer

Post by Peetrik »

Well, after about 2 months of cautious hunting, usually sheep and ettins, I have moved up to dungeons. I have yet to see any murderers with red traits, that was until last night. I was hunting and enjoying my music, when all of a sudden, a murdered appeared in the corner of my screen out of nowhere. I initially froze, then thought, AHHH, he is going to try and kill me!!! I ran in a mad panic, my heart instantly raced to about 160 BPM and my head felt like it was going to explode. I managed to for the first time, at 38 magery, cast my recall spell (not scroll) and have it succeed the first time.
I was finally within the safety of my favorite town, Moonglow. After checking my bank balance, I found that I have a little over 45k worth of gold and proceeded to the carpenters for a house deed, which after running around, placed my first house on UOSA. Talk about a risk vs. reward!

This night is the kind that keeps me coming back to the game that I have played on and off for so many years!
Thanks to the whole community that makes this game feel the way it once did, murders and all!

Bixby Legbone

Re: First Encounter with a Murderer

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Congrats on your luck! You won't always have it so easy. Moonglow really is the best town in all the land. I believe it was you attempting to recall there and no where else that you were successful!

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Reminds me of my first encounter. Liche room covetous, and I believe in the beginning the one who came there was dikk from NWO. Just as u stated the heart begins racin in a spaz to get out alive. After the first u figure out safety. They would run in through doors, so I broke boxes to secure a path for myself. Now it's nothing but open gate in middle, flood in, precasted unleash on first target. Guess its only way to secure a kill but I miss the after t2a when I spent time in say harpy room and u saw the flood of red coming from the halls. Again great story!

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Congrats on the new home!

Personally, I think playing for 2 mos here without encountering a red AND earning enough to buy your house is a pretty respectable achievement all on its own!

I get shot in the eye from 2 screens away if I look out my house window to check the weather!

:D
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

The oOo wrote:Congrats on the new home!

Personally, I think playing for 2 mos here without encountering a red AND earning enough to buy your house is a pretty respectable achievement all on its own!

I get shot in the eye from 2 screens away if I look out my house window to check the weather!

:D
Where do you live?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Peetrik

Post by Peetrik »

This just illustrates my hunting skills! I have figured out it ends up costing more to hunt in 1 location due to murders. I hunt in multiple locations, never staying in 1 location beyond the first or second spawn. This limits the time exposed at any given point.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Peetrik wrote:This just illustrates my hunting skills! I have figured out it ends up costing more to hunt in 1 location due to murders. I hunt in multiple locations, never staying in 1 location beyond the first or second spawn. This limits the time exposed at any given point.
Heh...pretty much how I was able to get started also... :)
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Return to “Tales of Adventure”