Evocah's Savage Adventures

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Evocah

Evocah's Savage Adventures

Post by Evocah »

Greetings, I am Evocah of the Lost Lands Savage Tribe. I'm here to share my experiences living life as a Savage in the Lost Lands.

After spending a few days in the Lost Lands as a young Savage I was devastated by the event where I was lost in the desert, killed, and was unable to reclaim my possessions. I quickly came to realise that this unfortunate death was a message from the Savage gods. I realised that since I had become well equipped, I was beginning to rely heavily on my possessions. This was a chance for me to start over and also to show you all what life is like as a Savage. Please read the image comments for narrative.
Attachments
Having completed my preparations in Papua I decided to head north to the desert in search of a travel companion in the form of an Ostard.  However I quickly found that the desert is not a friendly place for a young traveller, and quickly regretted the fact I had not put together some medical supplies before adventuring into the dunes.
Having completed my preparations in Papua I decided to head north to the desert in search of a travel companion in the form of an Ostard. However I quickly found that the desert is not a friendly place for a young traveller, and quickly regretted the fact I had not put together some medical supplies before adventuring into the dunes.
Before departing Papua I set about hunting some local animals for food.  I was shocked to find a large number of feral cats inhabiting the area!  These animals had been brought to the Lost Lands by the New Landers as pets, however soon some of these pets were abandoned or fled their owners.  Today these disgusting animals kill much of the native wildlife, endangering the many species of bird in my homeland.  Filled with rage I set about exterminating the feline population of Papua, and cooked their flesh to take with me on my adventure.<br /><br />By cutting some kindling from a tree I was able to start a fire and cook the meat I cleaved from the Papuan cats.  Although my cooking skills are poor, I was able to cook some meat and place it in my backpack.
Before departing Papua I set about hunting some local animals for food. I was shocked to find a large number of feral cats inhabiting the area! These animals had been brought to the Lost Lands by the New Landers as pets, however soon some of these pets were abandoned or fled their owners. Today these disgusting animals kill much of the native wildlife, endangering the many species of bird in my homeland. Filled with rage I set about exterminating the feline population of Papua, and cooked their flesh to take with me on my adventure.

By cutting some kindling from a tree I was able to start a fire and cook the meat I cleaved from the Papuan cats. Although my cooking skills are poor, I was able to cook some meat and place it in my backpack.
After being resurrected by the Papua healer and sulking by the communal campfire for a time I was suddenly enlightened!  My revelation gave me new hope and motivation.  With my dagger in hand, my tinkering tools, tongs, candle, and bedroll packed I started out on my new adventure.
After being resurrected by the Papua healer and sulking by the communal campfire for a time I was suddenly enlightened! My revelation gave me new hope and motivation. With my dagger in hand, my tinkering tools, tongs, candle, and bedroll packed I started out on my new adventure.
Last edited by Evocah on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evocah

Re: Evocah's Savage Adventures

Post by Evocah »

The adventure continues...
Attachments
Again I returned to Papua and again I set about preparing myself for a journey.  Returning to Papua I was welcomed by a multitude of rats!  These filthy vermin were also introduced by the New Landers unintentionally.  They were stow-aways in the many New Lander wagons that made the journey into the Lands Lands and have thrived in the New Lander settlements.  I guess my earlier eradication of the Papuan cats resulted in the uprising of the foul vermin and they have grown in number during the short time I was away in the desert.  There was only one solution to this problem! I began to hunt down the Papuan rats in an effort to quell their rising numbers.  With the meat I collected from their corpses and cooked I was able to begin a new journey.  However this time I headed south to the lands near Delucia where I heard rumours that many sheep flock and wool can be easily gathered.
Again I returned to Papua and again I set about preparing myself for a journey. Returning to Papua I was welcomed by a multitude of rats! These filthy vermin were also introduced by the New Landers unintentionally. They were stow-aways in the many New Lander wagons that made the journey into the Lands Lands and have thrived in the New Lander settlements. I guess my earlier eradication of the Papuan cats resulted in the uprising of the foul vermin and they have grown in number during the short time I was away in the desert. There was only one solution to this problem! I began to hunt down the Papuan rats in an effort to quell their rising numbers. With the meat I collected from their corpses and cooked I was able to begin a new journey. However this time I headed south to the lands near Delucia where I heard rumours that many sheep flock and wool can be easily gathered.
My life was again lost to the dangers of the desert and perhaps finally I had learnt my lesson.  The desert is no place for a naked Savage…
My life was again lost to the dangers of the desert and perhaps finally I had learnt my lesson. The desert is no place for a naked Savage…
Before long I decided that I could not go on without the proper supplies.  The many frenzied ostards, titans, stoned gargoyles, wyverns, and so on made it not a fun place to be when you have no way to heal!  Not long after I decided to return to Papua did I run into a scorpion, unable to avoid its sting I was poisoned and fled for my life to try and reach Papua before the poison spread too far.
Before long I decided that I could not go on without the proper supplies. The many frenzied ostards, titans, stoned gargoyles, wyverns, and so on made it not a fun place to be when you have no way to heal! Not long after I decided to return to Papua did I run into a scorpion, unable to avoid its sting I was poisoned and fled for my life to try and reach Papua before the poison spread too far.

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

...and continues...
Attachments
I decided my only option was to brave the Lost Lands again with simply a dagger in hand in search of a weapon or some armour that I could smelt down into ingots and use to make a pair of scissors.  I ventured to the City of the Dead hoping to kill skeletons for their weapons, and after many battles which ended with me fleeing to rest and heal I finally managed to scrounge up enough equipment to take back to Delucia and smelt in the forge.
I decided my only option was to brave the Lost Lands again with simply a dagger in hand in search of a weapon or some armour that I could smelt down into ingots and use to make a pair of scissors. I ventured to the City of the Dead hoping to kill skeletons for their weapons, and after many battles which ended with me fleeing to rest and heal I finally managed to scrounge up enough equipment to take back to Delucia and smelt in the forge.
The rumours of the huge number of sheep now present in the fields surrounding Delucia were true.  It was a great site to such a rare commodity in Papua ripe for the picking just outside the city gates of Delucia.  With my dagger I sheared the wool I needed and proceeded to the Delucia tailors to use their spinning wheel and loom to make bolts of cloth.  My luck seemed to be changing; all I needed was to cut the cloth into bandages and I would have prepared the proper medical supplies to continue my journey into the wilderness of the Lost Lands.  Then I realised that I possessed no scissors, and found my dagger was unable to produce the quality bandages I would require for my journey.  It seemed I had hit a wall, I required ingots to forge a pair of scissors but I possessed no pick-axe or shovel to mine ore, nor any equipment that I could smelt down into usable metal…
The rumours of the huge number of sheep now present in the fields surrounding Delucia were true. It was a great site to such a rare commodity in Papua ripe for the picking just outside the city gates of Delucia. With my dagger I sheared the wool I needed and proceeded to the Delucia tailors to use their spinning wheel and loom to make bolts of cloth. My luck seemed to be changing; all I needed was to cut the cloth into bandages and I would have prepared the proper medical supplies to continue my journey into the wilderness of the Lost Lands. Then I realised that I possessed no scissors, and found my dagger was unable to produce the quality bandages I would require for my journey. It seemed I had hit a wall, I required ingots to forge a pair of scissors but I possessed no pick-axe or shovel to mine ore, nor any equipment that I could smelt down into usable metal…
On my journey to Delucia I was pleasantly surprised to run into a forest ostard.  These creatures are sacred animals to the Savages and we have befriended and protected these fine beasts for centuries.  However with the arrival of the New Landers, the forest ostard population be greatly diminished due to foreign hunters and poachers!  I quickly befriended the beast and named him Tiki.  With this turn of events I felt greatly heartened and found new strength to continue my journey!
On my journey to Delucia I was pleasantly surprised to run into a forest ostard. These creatures are sacred animals to the Savages and we have befriended and protected these fine beasts for centuries. However with the arrival of the New Landers, the forest ostard population be greatly diminished due to foreign hunters and poachers! I quickly befriended the beast and named him Tiki. With this turn of events I felt greatly heartened and found new strength to continue my journey!

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

...and continues...
Attachments
Feeling my luck changing I headed again for the City of the Dead and attacked ghouls for their weapons.  Then with my confidence growing in leaps and bounds I headed to the Orc Fort and killed Orc Lords for their armour.
Feeling my luck changing I headed again for the City of the Dead and attacked ghouls for their weapons. Then with my confidence growing in leaps and bounds I headed to the Orc Fort and killed Orc Lords for their armour.
Now, with bandages at the ready, I felt more confident to attack the foul monsters that live in the Lost Lands.  I attacked a small orc camp near the city walls of Delucia in the hope of looting their metal-wares.  My attack was successful and I scrounged up enough material to forge a new dagger.
Now, with bandages at the ready, I felt more confident to attack the foul monsters that live in the Lost Lands. I attacked a small orc camp near the city walls of Delucia in the hope of looting their metal-wares. My attack was successful and I scrounged up enough material to forge a new dagger.
I sweated over the hot coals and was successful able to forged a pair of scissors.  Finally I was able to cut bandages from my bolts of cloth.  With this achieved I felt far more prepared to face the dangers of the Lost Lands.  However, I was still simply equipped with an old dagger which was becoming worn from use.  My skills in blacksmithy did not allow me to make any suitable weapon more then a dagger, although my preferred weapon is the spear, so I decided that I needed to collect the iron required to forge a new dagger from fear of my old one breaking.
I sweated over the hot coals and was successful able to forged a pair of scissors. Finally I was able to cut bandages from my bolts of cloth. With this achieved I felt far more prepared to face the dangers of the Lost Lands. However, I was still simply equipped with an old dagger which was becoming worn from use. My skills in blacksmithy did not allow me to make any suitable weapon more then a dagger, although my preferred weapon is the spear, so I decided that I needed to collect the iron required to forge a new dagger from fear of my old one breaking.

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

...and continues!
Attachments
Fleeing the haunted ruins I stumbled in the dark until coming across a clearing that seemed like a good place to make camp.  I cut some kindling from a nearby tree and lit a fire.  Once securing my camp I rolled out my bed and lay down under the stars.  Today had been a great adventure!  My thoughts slowly faded as I drifted off to sleep, but one lingered: I thought of tomorrow and looked forward to another day in the life of a Savage.
Fleeing the haunted ruins I stumbled in the dark until coming across a clearing that seemed like a good place to make camp. I cut some kindling from a nearby tree and lit a fire. Once securing my camp I rolled out my bed and lay down under the stars. Today had been a great adventure! My thoughts slowly faded as I drifted off to sleep, but one lingered: I thought of tomorrow and looked forward to another day in the life of a Savage.
Now with my newly forged dagger and exceptional shield I felt ready for war!  I had heard my fellow Savages speak of haunted ruins near Terrathan Keep and decided to go and see for myself this ghostly place.  As spoken of, the ruins were filled with the undead; skeletons, bone magi, skeletal knights and ghouls.  I fought these foul creatures until the sun left the sky and set below the horizon, then, by candle-light I continued to battle the undead.  After fighting the creatures for hours, I realised that my efforts were to no avail and that as I downed a skeleton, another would appear from within the ruins!  Realising this my determination faded as I acknowledged that my undertaking, to cleanse these ruins, was not possible.
Now with my newly forged dagger and exceptional shield I felt ready for war! I had heard my fellow Savages speak of haunted ruins near Terrathan Keep and decided to go and see for myself this ghostly place. As spoken of, the ruins were filled with the undead; skeletons, bone magi, skeletal knights and ghouls. I fought these foul creatures until the sun left the sky and set below the horizon, then, by candle-light I continued to battle the undead. After fighting the creatures for hours, I realised that my efforts were to no avail and that as I downed a skeleton, another would appear from within the ruins! Realising this my determination faded as I acknowledged that my undertaking, to cleanse these ruins, was not possible.
Before long I was weighed down with my loot and decided to head back to Delucia to smelt down the metal I had found and make myself a shield.  My skills in blacksmithy had improved and I was able to make a shield of exceptional quality!
Before long I was weighed down with my loot and decided to head back to Delucia to smelt down the metal I had found and make myself a shield. My skills in blacksmithy had improved and I was able to make a shield of exceptional quality!

Barkoviak

Post by Barkoviak »

Nice adventure you had there Evocah. I should have thought to chronicle mine. Perhaps I can be in your next one. Poor Tiki though.. lost in the Skeleton Ruins recently.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I think one of your offspring is at Delucia bank. He is searching my pack like a zealous TSA official. Call off your dogs, or i'll burn your jungle to the ground.

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

Don't you lay a hand on our jungle! He is just a curious little Savage hoping to get a glimpse of your erotic... I mean exotic... New World treasures. No need to be scared Daolin.
Last edited by Evocah on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

erotic or exotic? Jebus, I have another reason to be worried now.

Evocah

Post by Evocah »

i might just edit that little typo...

Return to “Tales of Adventure”