My story on how i quit UO today

Share stories and special moments with the community.
shenron

My story on how i quit UO today

Post by shenron »

Hey guys, i want to share my tale on how i ended up quitting Ultima Online Today. My in game character is Omega Shenron, and i was a member of [NEW]. I started Ultima Online two days ago, because i heard how fun it was so i decided to give it a try. I just managed to GM Anatomy and i was macroing with a friend to raise our stats together so we could be powerful enough to go adventuring. So i spent a hour trying to prepare everything, ran to acquire the npcs that i needed, looked online for the proper macros for healing.

So when i was finally done with the entire process a someone managed to sneak into the Guild Keep of New. He killed me and my friends accounts that we were trying to rank up. All the hard work and the bandages i acquired so i can work on my healing is gone, all the weapons and armor gone.

This game is just not for me, even though i loved the game play while i play, i just can't deal with the PK's, ruining all my hard work i put in, in trying to enjoy the game fully. Anyway thanks everyone from [NEW] who helped me so much along the way for gear and a lot of advise and your hospitality. I was lucky to run into you guys, thank you Tara, Doogie, pringles, and the rest of you who helped me but can't remember your name atm.

This is were my tale ends for Ultima Online, Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers!

-Shenron

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: My story on how i quit UO today

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sorry to see you go. It gets better though. From this, someone can learn the lesson of home security, and assure that it never happens again. We all get mad at losing things, but just remember, they are imaginary e-things, they can be replaced, and the game is about playing, not having. We have all had experiences like this, heck, just today someone lost 3 castle deeds!

I hope you give it another shot. It's truly one of the most enriching RPG experiences that you can ever hope for, once you know a bit more about the nuances of the game.

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

the thing about this game is, you can do dirty shit to people.
where your going wrong is your not thinking of how to get even

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

qwebirc41039 wrote:the thing about this game is, you can do dirty shit to people.
I like you. And your username is great.

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
qwebirc41039 wrote:the thing about this game is, you can do dirty shit to people.
I like you. And your username is great.
awesome, tanks

Magevro

Post by Magevro »

I played UO from 99-200..2 I think. Then, I went through almost 12 years of gaming before I felt adrenaline over an online game again. Adrenaline...because of a GAME. You won't get that many places Omega Shenlong..you were given someone to hate today. You can take that opportunity and nourish it into a vengeance with the promise of emotional rewards when fulfilled, or you can leave and play mindless questing MMOs..and raid dungeons over and over..and over.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

This post is going to be completely against what I usually tell people, but you need it.

Get over it. You aren't playing Hello Kitty online. Spend some time securing your location if that is your deal.
Don't whine. You aren't really leaving, and these people will hold your newbiness against you for the next 3 years.

Get your crap together. Stop being a lil kid about it. You can handle whatever a bunch of mental midgets can throw at you. If you can't, you might just consider not being on the internet. You will also need to hide from all social networks.

If you are broken from one small event, you should challenge yourself to try harder and get better.

The tired white knight has spoken. you're welcome. Get your ass back to work.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

GuardianKnight wrote:PM me on IRC and I will give you some gold to get started..

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

2 days! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

WOODY

Post by WOODY »

Who was the pks?

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Whitley »

I'll likely get flamed for this, but whoever PK'ed a couple of obviously new characters in the NEW guildhouse should be ashamed. It's selfish, stupid, immature acts like that which cause the population of this shard to dwindle, eventually leading to a handful of vets sitting on the sidelines harassing each other over IRC.

I can't imagine how so few can see that if you would actually let people get established before you begin murdering, you, they, and the whole shard will be better for it.

To the OP, sorry it happened to you, hopefully you'll take a few days off and try UOSA again. I promise there are both good people and good experiences to be found here if you can make it through the early days.

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Sorry to see you go. It gets better though. From this, someone can learn the lesson of home security, and assure that it never happens again. We all get mad at losing things, but just remember, they are imaginary e-things, they can be replaced, and the game is about playing, not having. We have all had experiences like this, heck, just today someone lost 3 castle deeds!

I hope you give it another shot. It's truly one of the most enriching RPG experiences that you can ever hope for, once you know a bit more about the nuances of the game.

I just love how you throw in the "heck, just today someone lost 3 castle deeds!" Considering YOU!! were the one that stole them, AND used the forum to scam him. *awaiting this guys ban*

WOODY

Post by WOODY »

shenron wrote:Hey guys, i want to share my tale on how i ended up quitting Ultima Online Today. My in game character is Omega Shenron, and i was a member of [NEW]. I started Ultima Online two days ago, because i heard how fun it was so i decided to give it a try. I just managed to GM Anatomy and i was macroing with a friend to raise our stats together so we could be powerful enough to go adventuring. So i spent a hour trying to prepare everything, ran to acquire the npcs that i needed, looked online for the proper macros for healing.

So when i was finally done with the entire process a someone managed to sneak into the Guild Keep of New. He killed me and my friends accounts that we were trying to rank up. All the hard work and the bandages i acquired so i can work on my healing is gone, all the weapons and armor gone.

This game is just not for me, even though i loved the game play while i play, i just can't deal with the PK's, ruining all my hard work i put in, in trying to enjoy the game fully. Anyway thanks everyone from [NEW] who helped me so much along the way for gear and a lot of advise and your hospitality. I was lucky to run into you guys, thank you Tara, Doogie, pringles, and the rest of you who helped me but can't remember your name atm.

This is were my tale ends for Ultima Online, Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers!

-Shenron
oops
Attachments
oops.PNG
oops.PNG (195.55 KiB) Viewed 4406 times

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Sorry to see you go. It gets better though. From this, someone can learn the lesson of home security, and assure that it never happens again. We all get mad at losing things, but just remember, they are imaginary e-things, they can be replaced, and the game is about playing, not having. We have all had experiences like this, heck, just today someone lost 3 castle deeds!

Great stuff there.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

spkeck

Post by spkeck »

I remember when I killed air elementals in shame for money because I didnt have enough money to GM even magery. You get over your losses, I used to get PKed a lot on this server in the beginning, then me and buddy made thieves and got even. Now we steal from people who have a lot, and sell it to those who have even more.

It sucks, you know, you're new but you got to understand this is a part of the game. Be cautious and mindful when your opening keep doors, ALWAYS reveal or detect. Lots of things you can do to correct this so it wont happen again. I tell you what if you PM me, ifyou stay in the game I'll help ya help as best I can so you stay.