The Adventures of You (and me)

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Malaikat

The Adventures of You (and me)

Post by Malaikat »

One day I was dungeon hopping and looking for a fight, as I often do, when red "me" came out of hiding near the ancient wyrm. A fight ensued and, to no one's surprise, I emerged victorious.
me1.JPG
me1.JPG (79.36 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
Not a tale worthy of telling, however, that is far from the end. Immediately a blue me arrives on the scene and attacks. Being the hardass that I am, I stayed and fought despite having low hits, low resources, and only 12 mana. In the end, the handicap was too great for even my superior ability to overcome and so I perished. Having been a good sport, I assumed that a res may be forthcoming and "me" did not disappoint. However, as he meditated my horse was mauled by a harpy.

Once alive, I gracefully expressed my malcontent with the "dick move" of showing up on a blue to attack me while disadvantaged. He fussed about me shit talking for a moment before recalling away.

At that moment, I remembered that there was still a certain red corpse that needed looting, and so I ran back to AW in order to recoup some of my losses. I grabbed a reg bag and a handful of pots before none other than blue me recalls in again...and begins attacking...again. This time I'm unmounted, unprepared, and without a weapon. I did, however, have full mana and a handful of purple potions. Which was enough to turn the tide.
me2.JPG
me2.JPG (45.51 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
That's 2 to 1, not horrible odds considering the circumstance. I'm feeling pretty good as I position myself (and the dragons) for further looting. Just then, another character storms on to the scene and begins casting spells with reckless abandon. I quickly gather that the toon is a bard or perhaps a tamer, due to the fact that his ebolts were doing 15 damage a piece and he didn't bother with a hally. He apparently couldn't carry his own loot bag because he cast a gate as I was dropping spells and throwing potions. As he disappeared in to the portal, I loaded an ebolt and hit my macro to double click blue moongates. As I appeared on the other side, he was already standing in the doorway to his small. The target was up and so I let loose, and, though I unfortunately was too far away to capture the screenshot, he fell over dead in the middle of his own house.

Without mana and now with even fewer regs and potions, I began looting before a fourth toon, a dexer, logged in at the house. The chase was on! I ran through the woods trying to get a sense of my surroundings on UOAM. Between chugging potions and dodging trees, I tore open loot bags looking for a rune. Finally I came across a bag with 2 runes in it and I used the last of my mana to hit one. I had a brief moment of relief as I thought to have saved myself, but as I materialized I found myself standing once again in front of me's small house!

All-names gave me away and so the chase resumed. I was running, and chugging, and healing. And me was swinging and throwing potions (which mostly hit himself, thank god), until I finally had gained enough mana and health to attempt another recall. I loaded it up, me missed the swing to disrupt, and I targeted the second of the two runes. I found myself safe at bank...

And that is the story of how I killed 3 (and escaped a 4th) of me's toons while unmounted, with no mana, and with no hally.

The end.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

memememe

Re: The Adventures of You (and me)

Post by memememe »

Totally nerdraged when my mount was out of stam next to those drakes and I hit my reds horse refresh macro 500 times instead of my blues.
Just lost it after that. As he said, bard doesn't do much good and a dexer on 200 ping with only a broad in his bag, while never having PvP'd with him at all... well as he said, he got away.

I'm honored that I'm worth a thread though, thanks.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

That much bad is always worth a thread.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Back on OSI days my favorite thing in the world was killing someone and then while looting, they bring in another character and you kill them too.
You knew they were raging when you got the 2nd character down.
Its fun to do it here too, the only issue I have about here is it happens all the time. Very rarely will a person die in a dungeon and not come back on another toon, so it kinda takes the fun out of it. On OSI though, when you saw a name pop up running towards you while looting, your heart just beat like a drum and adrenaline coursed through your veins, you knew it was on, and you were already at a disadvantage with little mana.

Btw, me, your a good dude and Mals a good fighter so its ok you lost, but, losing to him when he was unmounted? :P
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Unmounted and with no hally!

The drakes did help a bit.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

memememe

Post by memememe »

Menkaure wrote:Btw, me, your a good dude and Mals a good fighter so its ok you lost, but, losing to him when he was unmounted? :P
Like I said, repeatedly hit the wrong mount refresh hotkey while 2 (or 3? dunno) drakes were meleeing me.
Not going for an excuse, just sayin'. In the end I still fucked up and it wasn't any "razor didnt work"/"pc froze"/"cat walked over my keyboard" shit.

On the other hand, I have no clue why Mal is downplaying his death so much. The "oh I wasn't prepared and out of mana and this that whatever" card mighta worked if I had dropped him anywhere near AW. Fact is though he died multiply screens S-W of destard entrance.
Just sayin' :)

PS: Pretty sad story that we have to talk about 2 month old shit because there's so little action :(

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

memememe wrote:
Menkaure wrote:Btw, me, your a good dude and Mals a good fighter so its ok you lost, but, losing to him when he was unmounted? :P
Like I said, repeatedly hit the wrong mount refresh hotkey while 2 (or 3? dunno) drakes were meleeing me.
Not going for an excuse, just sayin'. In the end I still fucked up and it wasn't any "razor didnt work"/"pc froze"/"cat walked over my keyboard" shit.

On the other hand, I have no clue why Mal is downplaying his death so much. The "oh I wasn't prepared and out of mana and this that whatever" card mighta worked if I had dropped him anywhere near AW. Fact is though he died multiply screens S-W of destard entrance.
Just sayin' :)
(
I started the fight with 37% health, 15 mana, no purples, and maybe 2 each of yellow pots and reds. I haven't really been equipping like I should for a handful of reasons, so I think I only had 5 each to begin the day. I did die though, heh.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

it probably was not your mount that needed refreshed if you were taking damage from 3 drakes
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

He was only taking damage from the drakes because his mount fatigued in the middle of them :o

memememe

Post by memememe »

Malaikat wrote:He was only taking damage from the drakes because his mount fatigued in the middle of them :o
I think I literally stood there for 5-10 seconds spamming my (wrong) refresh macro like a headless chicken. The shame :(
Empires crumble because of simple mistakes like these!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”