PKs Are Everywhere...

Share stories and special moments with the community.
nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

PKs Are Everywhere...

Post by nubnub »

Perusing through the forums of our land and chance meetings with individuals I’ve heard many complaints in regards to those horrible murderers that roam the land – making life difficult for the young and the entrepreneur. In response to these troubled individuals I sought out a means of acquiring gold safely and within the borders of our cities, free from the murderers! With lockpicks in hand and a pouch of regs I walked the shops of Brittania’s fine cities in search of gold…

Fear not fair citizens, afraid of the murderers and those that complain of their riches being taken while slaying beasts in the field, there is an alternative! With the exception of some pesky traps easily remedied with some heals and cures there is nothing to fear while ‘farming gold’ under the protection of guards. The results below represent gold only and do not account for other items acquired that could be sold to shop vendors (armor, weapons, clothes, furniture, etc.) or individuals in the world (semi rares, etc.).

Total gold acquired was 8,660gp with the most profitable cities being Vesper (1,807gp), Britain (1,743gp) and Jhelom (691gp). I did not reference a city below if it did not yield any gold.

Britain – 1743gp

Cove – 143gp

Jhelom – 691gp

Minoc – 547gp

Moonglow – 684gp

Nujel’m – 523gp

Ocllo – 689gp

Papua – 185gp

Serpent’s Hold – 255gp

Skara Brae – 684gp

Trinsic – 556gp
Vesper – 1807gp

Wind - 98

Yew - 55

…but roaming the streets can be a tiresome drag and the mind is dangerous when bored. As I roamed the shops and compromised lock after lock after lock, I grew anxious. It seemed each city had a similar story - streets and shops riddled with squatters that ignore the vendors, patrons and travelers of this land. The field is alive and risk is its lifeblood while the cities are dead. I recalled a man I had met in my previous travels, I refer to him as Una, and he warned me of the autonomy of the city’s inhabitants that made them zombie-like and stole their lives. I called on Una and told him that I witnessed the plague he previously warned me of, he was concerned to say the least…

Ale

Amendeon

DarkMessiah

Gucci

Luigi Galleani

Damien Lestat

With this, I conclude the experiment and based on the findings it is indeed possible to harvest decent amounts of gold within the protection of the cities’ borders - free from those mean ol' murderers. :lol:
Last edited by nubnub on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Bixby Legbone

Re: PKs Are Everywhere...

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Very nicely done post! I always wondered what those chests could yield if farmed.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Not only do the chests yield gold but items too. Sometimes semi-rares if you're into that. But smith shop chests often drop a weapon that you can immediately sell to the vendor. The bowyer in Brit has a chest you can get gold out of and another chest that drops five shields, so around 400 gold there too. Inn strongboxes drop gems sometimes, usually 1-4 at a time if any at all. It's a pretty risk free way of steady income but you won't get rich any time soon.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Fantastic job here man.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

I always enjoy people taking the unbeaten path. Nice job.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”