Slick but not slick enough

Share stories and special moments with the community.
The Gods

Slick but not slick enough

Post by The Gods »

Earlier at elder gazors when i killed one there was a crate on the corpse..i knew that they dont drop crates with items inside or crates in general so i knew it had to be trapped. So I used telekinesis on it and sure enough it was trapped..Whoever it was...honestly...it was a slick job and very fast at placing on the body before i even got to click on the corpse and didnt see or hear anyone recall in or out...so gj someone, very slick...but...not gonna get me with it :D

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Slick but not slick enough

Post by inkognito »

They usually hope that your either in too much of a rush/not paying attention to realize and loot it anyway (preferablly with auto search new container: ON with razor) OR perhaps the creature has looted another fallen player. Of course if you watched the monster spawn there's really no chance of that.

Either way, I fully support these type of shenanigans. I'm truly pleased to see people still attempting the ol' slip a chumbox on the corpse trick. Classic.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Just read this post, thanks for the kudos - Jigsaw is the character responsible for this - and please don't use the phrase "chumbox"
Chum is dead, besides any tinker PK that sits at home and makes boxes but gets no reward of loot simply isn't PK in my book, they are just a carpenter that likes explosives. It takes time, patience, and skill to get a kill count up being a true tinker PK.

Someone help me think of new name for "chumbox"...

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

I always called em bangboxes.

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

Myrnae wrote:Just read this post, thanks for the kudos - Jigsaw is the character responsible for this - and please don't use the phrase "chumbox"
Chum is dead, besides any tinker PK that sits at home and makes boxes but gets no reward of loot simply isn't PK in my book, they are just a carpenter that likes explosives. It takes time, patience, and skill to get a kill count up being a true tinker PK.

Someone help me think of new name for "chumbox"...
You can't change the name long live cA!!!

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

80s throwback... boombox - specific to no 'here today, gone tomorrow' individual(s).

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

I like the names you guys have come up with so far :)

..on another note, I meant no disrespect to chum here.. I read my post and it seems a bit disrespectful. I still remember "Jennifer" aka Populus robbing my ass when I moved into my first house.. he got my first three Christmas trophies lol. He has influenced my playstyle more than anything else.. there is truth in shadow :)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Myrnae wrote:I like the names you guys have come up with so far :)

..on another note, I meant no disrespect to chum here.. I read my post and it seems a bit disrespectful. I still remember "Jennifer" aka Populus robbing my ass when I moved into my first house.. he got my first three Christmas trophies lol. He has influenced my playstyle more than anything else.. there is truth in shadow :)
'chumbox' shall live unto eternity. And, frankly, chumbox PKs are the only real PKs. Everyone else is Trammel. We rack up those monster stat loss kills and live in eternal fear of accidental explosions! Takes skill, really.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Always glad to help out.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

Im glad some people are still stealth pking I will one day again im sure

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

chumbucket wrote:

'chumbox' shall live unto eternity. And, frankly, chumbox PKs are the only real PKs. Everyone else is Trammel. We rack up those monster stat loss kills and live in eternal fear of accidental explosions! Takes skill, really.
Amen brother.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”