Your best UO bug exploit

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Dyne

Re: Your best UO bug exploit

Post by Dyne »

One of my all time favorites was back when UO first launched, you could put a bag in the trade window a bag of 1000 each reagents or whatever, then use a dye tub to dye the bag, the bag would go back into your pack but the trade recipient would still see it in the trade window, so they would pay thinking they were getting the reagents. hehe eventually ppl caught on when they would hear the sound of something being dyed haha

also, we would put 120 coins or whatever in a bag under something, the trade recipient wouldnt have room so the bag would drop to the ground and we would pick it back up. There's so many bugs but these were a couple of my favorites.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

This is not mine, but once I overheard Matron de Winter talking about the good ole days:
[18] <snap|Matron> best time period for "being able to do anything" was right before T2A
[18] <snap|Matron> One time you had to use a sewing kit, and target cloth
[18] <snap|Matron> and it would delete the cloth
[18] <snap|Matron> so people were using sewing kits on people
[18] <snap|Matron> deleting characters
[18] <snap|Matron> i kid you not
[18] <Vlar> :OIHA:OEHFIW
[18] <Vlar> AHAHAHA
[18] <Vlar> i never heard that
[18] <Vlar> lmfao
[18] <snap|Matron> it went on for like 2 weeks
[18] <Aris> Don't sew me bro!
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Jakob wrote:This is not mine, but once I overheard Matron de Winter talking about the good ole days:
[18] <snap|Matron> best time period for "being able to do anything" was right before T2A
[18] <snap|Matron> One time you had to use a sewing kit, and target cloth
[18] <snap|Matron> and it would delete the cloth
[18] <snap|Matron> so people were using sewing kits on people
[18] <snap|Matron> deleting characters
[18] <snap|Matron> i kid you not
[18] <Vlar> :OIHA:OEHFIW
[18] <Vlar> AHAHAHA
[18] <Vlar> i never heard that
[18] <Vlar> lmfao
[18] <snap|Matron> it went on for like 2 weeks
[18] <Aris> Don't sew me bro!

ROFL!!!
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

delorean

Post by delorean »

anyone remember the glitch with blade spirits and drakes/dragons?

cast a blade spirit so that a drake or dragon begins to attack it. then, cast reactive armor on the blade spirit. the next time the drake/dragon used its breath attack on the blade spirit, it was instantly killed.

Yew

Post by Yew »

delorean wrote:anyone remember the glitch with blade spirits and drakes/dragons?

cast a blade spirit so that a drake or dragon begins to attack it. then, cast reactive armor on the blade spirit. the next time the drake/dragon used its breath attack on the blade spirit, it was instantly killed.
Yep, worked great. Was kind of surprised when I saw it didn't work on UOSA.

Other ones...

-Pirating mining ships using telekinesis. Iron ore left on deck of locked boat--use telekinesis to activate the locked up ore, followed by combining the ore with a separate clump of ore you could reach.

-Breaking in to a house with a locked down barricade that had 2 open tiles diagonally from each other. Stand in the tile you can access, block all other tiles with the exception of the one on the far side of the barricade, summon/release animals until a horse appears and then mount. Voila~

-Key ring encumbrance. Place excessive amounts of keys on a key ring. Place key ring (1 stone if I recall correctly) in trade window. After recipient accepts, dbl click the key ring to separate ring from keys and finalize the trade. Each key now weights 1 stone, and if you had enough, you effectively immobilized the recipient until they dropped enough of the keys, essentially making them an easy kill.

For all I know, these may still work...

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Yew wrote: . . .
-Breaking in to a house with a locked down barricade that had 2 open tiles diagonally from each other. Stand in the tile you can access, block all other tiles with the exception of the one on the far side of the barricade, summon/release animals until a horse appears and then mount. Voila~ . . .
Haha I just remembered that horse over the barricade, I'm pretty sure I tried that a long time ago and the horse moved over to the tile your standing on. But they just patched out mounting horses through roofs so I dunno, maybe some crafty individual was able to exploit this. :lol:
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*