chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part 3

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part 3

Post by chumbucket »

Disgrace to UO: A Tale in Three Parts

Our story so far: DarkestTear is a murderess. Mustang Muller is her lickspittle. The Brigade of Oblivion is an infernal cult based out of East Britain. With the assistance of the noble Gumbo, I had managed to dispatch DarkestTear and set her manservant fleeing. But it would not last. They would return. Will bardic virtue triumph? Or will all of UOSA be forced to submit to the will of this evil lady? And now the thrilling conclusion of Disgrace to UO!

Part 3 - Triumph of the Bards

The conclusion of this tale begins not in East Britain but in Skara Brae. I had bardic business there but, as fate would have it, Gareth Bryne---one of the Brigade members that had attempted a career in piracy before my intervention---had arrived at the bank, a line of dragons in tow. It pains me to see such noble animals bent and twisted in the service of evil. I would have to attempt to put a stop to this. The guards of Skara Brae approve of vigilantism no more than the guards of East Britain. I was only able to swipe a runebook rather than bring swift justice down upon this brigand.

I set back out for East Britain and the tower of the Brigade of Oblivion. I asked Ireland's finest to once again come along and assist in this battle. Ever a lover of virtue and valor, he gladly obliged. We were met by DarkestTear and a freshly arrived Gareth Bryne, who was angered by his recent loss. But he desperately wanted the book back and attempted to strike a deal. Justice, however, is not for sale so cheaply! I demanded enough gold to feed the orphans left behind by the rampages of his guildmates. He angrily declined and our battle began, the final battle between all that is good and bardic and all that reeks of foul deeds and evil.

The battle was a terrible sight to behold. Dragons, daemons and energy vortexes were all at their disposal. I brought in my own mace wielder, when Ireland's finest hit up on a brilliant strategy: Intentionally die. Give the murderess the murder counts she wants. And so eventually Lord British himself took note of her foul deeds and put a bounty on her head. Now her death would mean something. Now her death would bring real retribution, real justice.

We had the tower under siege, but their ability to ban us from the premises was proving most problematic. It was at this point that I made a most brilliant tactical innovation. I assembled my own army of pets---rabbits, cats, rats and dogs from the local stables--and brought them to the tower. They would go in, their numbers too great to deal with. I gave them a rousing speech, and we entered battle. It proved to be a rout, as it turns out rabbits, cats, rats and dogs are not skilled in combat. Yet one cat remained the entire battle, never giving up, never despairing. God bless that brave cat.

Despite the loss of our animal army, the battle was going our way. Just as it seemed as though we would triumph, a gate appeared. A Brigade member appeared with three white wyrms in tow. Things suddenly did not look so good for our heroic bards. These wyrms might easily turn the tide of the battle.

An idea struck! I attacked one wyrm, as Ireland's finest attacked another. We each then ran in different directions. The tamer burst forth calling for his pets not to flee, but too late! One had made off in pursuit of Ireland's finest, while the other chased me but a screen. The tamer captured the one that had followed me, but the other was forever lost to him, as I met up with Ireland's finest and the other wyrm. My quaterstaff (eventually!) proved the its doom. A level five treasure map and a blackstaff of force were my reward!

At two points during the course of the battle (the timeline is a bit hazy!), two Brigade members, Van Helsing and Geldorn, had attacked me. Unfortunately for each, the guards of East Britain were nearby. The guards dispatched each---one within sight of the body of the other. Geldorn was not happy with this outcome. Nor was he happy when I took the life of his horse to lessen the advantage of his speed. He gave a terrible denouncement of me on the steps of the Brigade's tower.

It was now again clear that victory was to be ours. DarkestTear, however, refused to concede. She remained, dropping energy vortexes in our midst. By this point, we had been joined by fellow bard Francois Toulour, who had managed to stealth into the tower and deprive DarkestTear of some of her possessions. The voice from beyond, Darkradiance once again approached me in IRC.

[00:12] <Darkradiance> you mind moving? you're in my recall spot and i'm trying to do some tmaps if you don't mind
01[00:13] <chumbucket> 10k gold
01[00:13] <chumbucket> and we move
[00:13] <Darkradiance> should be right in front
[00:13] <Darkradiance> lol
[00:13] <Darkradiance> nah I'll pass, but thanx for the offer

At this point, an idea struck. I quickly told everyone to remain motionless and put out a call for purple potions. Matron De Winter arrived with the promised goods, which I placed in the midst of where we stood.

01[00:20] <chumbucket> ah the spot is yours we are calling it a night on him
01[00:20] <chumbucket> tell DT i said goodnight!
[00:20] <Darkradiance> np, Im sure he would say the same :P

We all faked leaving except me, who stood hidden to the side armed with but a single purple potion. Darkradiance failed to materialize. (Indeed, I am unsure that he is able to take physical form!) But we had left a number of gold coins on the grounds, as a sign of our victory. DarkestTear was drawn by their shine. And so I threw the potion, narrowly missing DarkestTear. The trap had failed, the potions were wasted.

Or so it seemed. My fellows bards rushed back to the scene were DarkestTear stood gloating over her narrow escape. There was no time for thought. This was a time for action. I threw down a paralyze, DarkestTear rushed into the tower, but too slowly. She was still within out sight. A flurry of explosions and energy bolts met her. Her lifeless body dropped to the floor. The murderess DarkestTear, wanted by Lord British himself for her crimes, had been slain. Upon resurrection, she would face the ultimate penalty. Victory was ours. The bards had triumphed.

Last edited by chumbucket on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venox

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part 3

Post by venox »

wooo, BoO receives a worthy mention from chum.
i thought we were just shadow lurkers.
seems like quite the fiasco.
alot has been happening,
would have been fun to be there!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”