SCBA contest entry.

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Furync

SCBA contest entry.

Post by Furync »

This tale is about a guy named Fur and his friend Bryce and how things always seem to work themselves out. UO Guardian angels perhaps?

I did not know which type of citizen to be... should I become a warrior, a mage, a crafter, I had no idea. I figured I would find out my destiny one day at a time.

After creating Fur and starting out in Britain, the first thing we did was to go slaughter a few cows where people were macroing heavy in the Britain stables. We needed to see how sharp our swords were as well as disturb the afk macroers because we are after all, part of the Non-Macro Community. We basically do not use Razor and feel it should not be. So after skinning a few cows and pigs, we figured our swords were pretty sharp. So we headed to the bucher and skinner to sell our goods for a few golds. I then proceeded to get some swordmanship training with the gold I earned.

We were both confident so we headed down into the Britain sewers to clear out part of the infestation. It didn't take long and we had quite a few golds and even a couple of gems! Which is very useful to the young characters. When we had enough, we went back out and I trained a bit of animal taming from the stable master thinking it would help me get a mount of some sort down the road.

This was nice and all but we ran out of bandages very fast. Off to the moongates south of the city, we were headed to the Moonglow cotton fields. Once we got there, the cotton was picked clean in the fields... there was none for us! We did stumble across some sheep so we sheared them and off to the tailor shop!

Now that we had bandages and we were in the area, we gave the graveyard a go. The skeletons and zombies were a challenge but gave us golds and brand new armor! As we were beating the zombies, all I had in the back of my mind was the thought of a conversation I had with a fellow NMC member...
You are expected to purchase only from NPC vendors and other NMC characters. This rule is in place to keep the semi-private economy within the NMC guild stable.
This thought was going over in over in my head... but I didn't know what to do about it.

Anyways, Bryce made it to the inn first that night, I stayed up and went to Papua, thinking I might get my luck on finding a mount... Off to the desert I go in search of a faithful mount...

When I came back to Papua with my prized mounts, the cryer was yelling about an orc invasion!

I ran as fast as I could to the moongates and traveled the long way to Cove. I'm not the strongest but if I can help...
Once I got there, it was a massacre, the orcs were everywhere. People came from all over to defend the city.

It was a bloodbath and it went on for hours. Highly skilled tamers brought some dragons and wyrms and there was still too many orcs! We eventually got the city back. But as I was looting the orc corpses after the battle, I noticed something... a lot of the orcs had some sort of metal armor/item on them (along with pretty good booze...) and some even had shovels! It was a sign! Right then and there I knew what I wanted to do.

I was at the local blacksmith when he came back to his shop. He happened to enjoy having a drink or 2 like me and when I offered him some 'shine he gave me a few tricks of his trade. We smelted all the armor and weapons the orcs were using against us. It got me quite a few ingots and I was able to start my craft! But I didn't start until the next day though... the heat from the forge along with all that alcohol... woah! I was smashed! The next day, when I finally ran out of ingots, I remembered I had banked a ton of shovels, again, from the orcs. I was able go mine for some iron ore...

I mined and mined but I was getting thirsty... luck have it, Bryce came back and we met in Delucia where I was mining. I gave him one of my trusty mounts and we set out north in search of orcs (and their booze). It didn't take long and we had found a woman kept by a band of nasty orcs!

"Give us your booze" we shouted... oh yeah, "and free the lady too!"
It didn't take long and we had our way with em.

Fur, the drunken smith.
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

venox

Re: SCBA contest entry.

Post by venox »

*hic*

Chumpbucket

Re: SCBA contest entry.

Post by Chumpbucket »

Good read, I hate those afk macroers too. :mrgreen:

Return to “Tales of Adventure”