chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part 2

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part 2

Post by chumbucket »

Disgrace to UO: A Tale in Three Parts

Our story so far: DarkestTear may be a lady, but she is also a scoundrel. I had stumbled upon her latest victim and set forth to bring her to justice. My attempts to infiltrate her lair met with mixed success. Ultimately, I was slain and my associate, Ireland's finest, was driven away. And so we continue.

Part 2 - DarkestDeath

Having met my death at the hands of this vile lady DarkestTear and having stumbled across the satanic cult that is the Brigade of Oblivion, I made it my mission to find their base of operations and to destroy them if given the chance. I searched the wooded area around East Britain bank, given their favoring it. Two days passed.

Luck was with me, as DarkestOne--no doubt an alter ego of the lady DarkestTear--eventually appeared along with her manservant Mustang Muller. As they left town I tried to discreetly follow them, but was noticed. They set upon me as rabid animals upon a small child. I was foolishly ill prepared for battle, even for escaping battle. In my haste for justice, I had neglected to even bring suitable reagents for recalling away. DarkestOne attacked me with a heavy crossbow and magic quarter staff. I used my only defense. I stole the heavy crossbow from her side as she wielded the staff itself. At this point, Mustang made his move. A few poorly used spells were thrown my way, to little effect. The staff, however, wore me down. I could not move, and so I died. This foul woman had slain me a second time. Things were looking grim for our hero and, indeed, for the land of UOSA.

Frustrated in my attempts to bring justice to the wicked, I once again encountered them at East Britain bank. And once again, I set out in pursuit. This time armed. This time ready. But I was still outnumbered. Mustang had little in the way of fighting prowess, but even his heals to his mistress were enough to cause me a headache. However, it was at this moment when I met the traveling dispatcher of justice known only as Gumbo, who had been freshly slain by the guards of Britain. (The guards of East Britain do not approve of vigilantism.) He had heard of my great love of adventure and the bardic virtues. He sought to join my associates in this neverending quest. I delayed these matters until we had dealt with DarkestTear. I resurrected Gumbo, and we set out in pursuit of DarkestTear and her boy. And we were not disappointed: They lead us to the tower of the Brigade of Oblivion and gave us quite the battle.

Energy vortexes, daemons, the Brigade has many servants. We faced DarkestTear in her pure form, not as DarkestOne. Mustang Muller cowered at her feet. The battle was long and ferocious. Many a daemon and energy vortex was dispelled. Many a time I feared for my safety. But eventually we got the upperhand. Gumbo pinned down DarkestTear in the corner of the Brigade's tower and let loose a blindingly fast series of quarterstaff swings. I saw our opening. I ran in. An explosion followed by two energy bolts, and DarkestTear, defiler of the innocent and Lady of Doom, lay dead in the tower of the Brigade of Oblivion.

Victory was ours. But I knew it would not easily last. No doubt we had not seen the last of this Brigade or even of DarkestTear. She would return, and return with an army of murderers, thieves and brigands. I would need an army myself.

TO BE CONTINUED in Part 3 - Triumph of the Bards
Last edited by chumbucket on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chumpbucket

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part Two

Post by Chumpbucket »

hmmm interesting :mrgreen:

Magnus

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: A Disgrace to UO, Part 2

Post by Magnus »

Grumpy is actually Gumbo! Haha awsome story im extremely happy you were able to document this epic battle!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Magnus wrote:Grumpy is actually Gumbo! Haha awsome story im extremely happy you were able to document this epic battle!
Corrected! I keep wanting to say Grumpy, Groucho and Gumby.

Godsend

Post by Godsend »

Some pursuer of justice "I R NEW NEED GOLD"

By the way... DarkestTear is a dude.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Godsend wrote:By the way... DarkestTear is a dude.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”