The Lost Tales of Adventure: The War on Trammel, Part Two

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Lost Tales of Adventure: The War on Trammel, Part Two

Post by chumbucket »

The War on Trammel, Part Two: Giving Them What They Want

Part Two in a Three Part Series. Part One can be found here.

Brules the cowardly coward had to be punished. Hence, we declared war on his guild at the time, PoV. PoV, despite their Trammel nature, is no slap dash group of fourteen year old wannbe anti-semites. No, we would have to plan carefully if we hoped to prevail. The first order of business was infiltrating the guild, which my associate applejack did with ease. The next order of business was to devise a plan. applejack informed me of a weekly guild meeting. We decided to attend, albeit with me in ghost form. Our hope was to obtain useful intelligence.

The first order of business was creating a public message board. A worry was expressed that that dastardly chumbucket and his wily associates might cause trouble if they could obtain information on guild activities via such a message board. Indeed, the nefarious chumbucket had only recently been sighted nosing around the PoV keep.

While it may be true that there were people there "with real skills," we could only understand Maleus boastful "I would like to see anyone come here and do anything" as polite request. [cA] highest hope is to give to the people, like the salivating dogs they are*, what they demand.

A plan was devised.

A week passed. The next PoV guild meeting came into order. In attendance were the usual PoV rabble including applejack's spy plus my own ghost. PoV of course did not know this, nor did they know that at a nearby keep [cA] was having a small meeting of its own.

As you can see here, we were all decked out in the really fancy special dye tub purple that is PoV's official guild color. applejack had of course supplied with these fine threads, but at the PoV meeting a rather hilarious conversation was unfolding.

Now there quite a few funny things in there, but I was referring to the poor fellow had his cloth stolen quite recently. That would be Shawn, who you are probably familiar with now (or at least recently) as a member of POO, a very intelligent group of gentleman about whom no one has ever laughed. Serious lads with none more serious than Shawn. But I digress

The attack came suddenly. Our forces were divided into two squads. The first squad was lead by Matron de Winter. She and two others stormed in from the right of the keep and began an unceasing chain of Earthquakes, one at a time and all from scrolls. As the second Earthquake was casted, Matron sent signal to me, leader of the second squad. I immediately casted a gate to the porch of of the PoV keep, which we knew to be unlocked and unsecure. In rushed my band of seven or eight newly created characters, all armed to the teeth with Greater Explosions. The beauty of a Greater Explosion is the if you throw on the first floor, it damages people on the second floor.

A wave of sudden and hitherto unexpected death washed over the forces of Trammel. Once they got their wits about them, PoV mustered a counterattack, but little was to be gained by attacking characters with fifty strength and no combat skills. A few of our people brought in LEET PVPers, and some combat was had. Alas, Matron lost connection as was her style at the time, and fell. Otherwise, [cA] considered themselves triumphant having taken down several [PoV] in the opening moments of combat and most assuredly giving Maleus what he wanted and asked for.

Alas, [PoV] made the decision to from that moment forward keep their keep secure. No more hijinks were to be had. Or at least none were to be had at that keep. There were still some to be had at their rune library. Alas, the CAPET BOMB did not look as nice as I hoped, but, as I said, it is the though that counts.

And so with yet another occupant of Trammel beaten, [cA] look to the future and the Trammelites to be found there. I leave you with my favorite of the screenshots I have. Please say a little prayer for the innocent animals caught in the crossfire. Ostards have souls too, you know!

* With apologies to Krusty the Klown.

Special thanks to Johnny Hobo and various RIP members for some assistance with the LEET PVP!
Last edited by chumbucket on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Lost Tales of Adventure: The War on Trammel, Part Tw

Post by chumbucket »

ADDENDUM!

I almost forgot the aftermath!

[PoV] was predictably miffed by the whole incident. They realized that they must have a [cA] spy in their midst. And the obvious culprit was none other than Shawn, who has just coincidentally had his cloth "stolen" when [cA] showed up in that very same cloth! My god!

Now, while Shawn wasn't the [cA] spy, he and I had had some wonderful times together as evidenced by this mere taste of my IRC logs for my talks with him.

Session Start: Fri Mar 12 20:03:06 2010
Session Ident: Shawn
01[20:03] <chumbucket> You should buy a permit.
[20:03] <Shawn> SHUT THE FUCK UP
01[20:03] <chumbucket> It will pay for itself if you intend to keep selling animals.
01[20:05] <chumbucket> 5000 gold and you can sell all the animals you want anywhere you want without cA stopping you.
01[20:19] <chumbucket> You going to buy a permit, or we gonna have to camp your vendor?
[20:19] <Shawn> keep camping mother fucker
01[20:19] <chumbucket> This would be a lot cheaper and easier for you if you just bought a permit.
[20:20] <Shawn> NO
01[20:20] <chumbucket> It would.
[20:20] <Shawn> STFU
01[20:20] <chumbucket> You're bound to lose more than 5000 gold.
01[20:20] <chumbucket> And plus you'll lose time.
Session Time: Sat Mar 13 00:00:00 2010
Session Close: Sat Mar 13 01:07:01 2010

Now, many in [PoV] were terribly upset. We even knew that they had formed a special IRC room, #PoVrevenge, to plot, well, their revenge. The leader of this effor, if memory serves me, was Shawn. So you can imagine my surprise the next day when I received the following communications from him.

Session Start: Wed Mar 31 14:42:28 2010
Session Ident: Shawn
[14:42] Session Ident: Shawn (WildIRC, chumbucket)
[14:42] <Shawn> im thinkin g about screwing over pov
01[14:42] <chumbucket> what?
[14:43] <Shawn> pov thinks your attack on thier meeting was because of me
[14:44] <Shawn> so i want revenge
01[14:45] <chumbucket> so what do you intend
[14:45] <Shawn> idk, i thought you might be able o help with that
01[14:46] <chumbucket> I'll have to think about it.
01[14:48] <chumbucket> so did they kick you out or something?
[14:48] <Shawn> they are going to have a "hearing" for it
01[14:48] <chumbucket> i see
01[14:48] <chumbucket> are you going to be at the hearing
[14:48] <Shawn> yep
[14:51] <Shawn> actually i have no clue
[14:51] <Shawn> im not on when he is really
[14:52] <Shawn> so im probally just going to quit
01[15:00] <chumbucket> dont' quit
01[15:00] <chumbucket> at least have your trial
[15:00] <Shawn> why not
01[15:00] <chumbucket> well
01[15:00] <chumbucket> if you really want us to do something
01[15:00] <chumbucket> that would be the prime chance
01[15:00] <chumbucket> do you know when or where it is?
[15:00] <Shawn> ok ill be there little pet till then
[15:00] <Shawn> there isnt a dae yet
01[15:01] <chumbucket> well
01[15:01] <chumbucket> you shouldn't be mad at them anyways
01[15:01] <chumbucket> if they have some reason for this
[15:01] <Shawn> its becuase im friends with johnnyhobo
01[15:02] <chumbucket> ok
01[15:02] <chumbucket> well
01[15:02] <chumbucket> i will see if brules knows when and where
01[15:08] <chumbucket> You know if they increased security at the keep?
01[15:08] <chumbucket> Looked that way last time I ran by.
[15:08] <Shawn> i was banned from the keep
[15:08] <Shawn> so i have no clue
01[15:08] <chumbucket> oh
[15:08] <Shawn> yeah
01[15:09] <chumbucket> Why do they think all this?
[15:10] <Shawn> really i have no clue
[15:10] <Shawn> im just pissed they would say that and ban me
01[15:11] <chumbucket> Surely they must have some reason.
[15:11] <Shawn> i did nothing wrong in the first place
01[15:11] <chumbucket> Maybe so, but they might have reason tot hink you did anyways.
[15:11] <Shawn> i had the special cloth they gave me stolen for one thing
01[15:11] <chumbucket> I see.
[15:11] <Shawn> and yall showed up
[15:11] <Shawn> in those colors
01[15:11] <chumbucket> Yes.
[15:11] <Shawn> and so did johnnyhobo
01[15:12] <chumbucket> And they know you know johnny?
[15:12] <Shawn> so he tried to connect one and two together
[15:12] <Shawn> yeah
01[15:12] <chumbucket> That sounds like a reasonable inference.
[15:12] <Shawn> i guess
01[15:12] <chumbucket> You should just try to make your case.
[15:12] <Shawn> but still
[15:13] <Shawn> i was wanting to jion RIP or cA anyways though

Alas, nothing ever came of these conversations, but I thought they were amusing just by themselves! No one ever figured out who the real spy was until long after he had joined $$$, but that is for the War on Trammel, Part Three!

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Follow up:

Here is the PoV guild chat after the successful cA attack. The aforementioned fella Shawn took the rap for it!

COUNCIL OF LORDS WILL DECIDE!!!
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

This is all rather anticlimactic for a number of reasons. First, only one member of PoV died while the entire attacking force was either killed or recalled away (notice there is not a single screenshot with a PoV member's corpse in it.) Second, Shawn was later determined to be innocent and still remains a friend of the guild. Finally, I have no idea who's small house that was, but it didn't belong to PoV. Typically I enjoy these stories but lets keep them in the realm of accurate.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Maleus wrote:This is all rather anticlimactic for a number of reasons. First, only one member of PoV died while the entire attacking force was either killed or recalled away (notice there is not a single screenshot with a PoV member's corpse in it.)

I think at least four died to the purple barrage, a few others in LEET PVP. I know my potion tosser had four counts when it was over, plus one screen shows at least three PoV dead. I should say though that nothing here was meant to imply we totally OMG LEET PWNED you. Leave that to mYm.
Maleus wrote:Second, Shawn was later determined to be innocent and still remains a friend of the guild.
I don't follow your point.
Maleus wrote: Finally, I have no idea who's small house that was, but it didn't belong to PoV. Typically I enjoy these stories but lets keep them in the realm of accurate.
The small house was my own. That is where the CAPET BOMBS were stored. The tower we gated them to was a PoV runetower near Vesper in Windmere.

Anyways, no need to be defensive. I, at least, like PoV and wasn't attempting to disparage them. Can't a man just tell a story about an amusing incident?

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

I was just attempting to give an alternate view of the event, but end the end it was probably my fault for not locking the doors and not expecting that type of attack. I wasn't trying to be "defensive" as unlike a lot of people, I can laugh at my own erroneous behavior. The most amusing part was me talking about how I hoped someone would attack. If anything, I owe you guys as this event was one of the "kicks in the pants" that I needed to change up the structure of PoV into the improved version that it is today.

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

When did this "event" happened ?

March month?

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

chumbucket wrote: 01[20:03] <chumbucket> You should buy a permit.
[20:03] <Shawn> SHUT THE FUCK UP
Hahaha, I love the part when the GM is talking about the guild cloth and that one guy goes mine was stolen.

KosmonavtJon

Post by KosmonavtJon »

Great story chumbucket!
All the text above the line above may be full of grammar errors and run on sentences deal with it.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”