LoS Purple Potion Killing in House

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Zei
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

LoS Purple Potion Killing in House

Post by Zei »

I searched the forums and found a ton of posts about the issue, but none of them seemed to resolve anything. Was sitting in a safe spot of a large patio macroing and was killed by a person who was able to Kobe Bryant purple potions through the walls and kill me :( :(

From what I read, this can happen in just about every house type. Is this issue ever going to be fixed? Is there something I can do to prevent this from occurring? Can I setup tables or ovens in a particular pattern or an I SOL?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: LoS Purple Potion Killing in House

Post by Soma »

If there is a *dip* anywhere near your hose, you aren't safe.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Zei wrote:I searched the forums and found a ton of posts about the issue, but none of them seemed to resolve anything. Was sitting in a safe spot of a large patio macroing and was killed by a person who was able to Kobe Bryant purple potions through the walls and kill me :( :(

From what I read, this can happen in just about every house type. Is this issue ever going to be fixed? Is there something I can do to prevent this from occurring? Can I setup tables or ovens in a particular pattern or an I SOL?

Your best bet is to find a perfectly flat piece of land at least a screen away from water and place/purchase a house there, and even then stay within the 'safe spots'.

Zei
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zei »

Alright. Thank you very much.

Xucidel

Post by Xucidel »

To An Corp this thread... is there no sanctuary in a patio house? And more importantly, with a small player base, it's amazing to me that there are so many people who are so bored and/or emotionally hollow that they would travel the land at night in search of macroing toons and kill them just to kill them. They receive no benefit from the arrangement, other than wasting purple potions, and to satisfy their own sadistic desires to cause others to be sad.

Hint: If you are one of these people, I forgive you, and am sad for you. I will be macroing again tonight; please stop by.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Xucidel wrote:To An Corp this thread... is there no sanctuary in a patio house? And more importantly, with a small player base, it's amazing to me that there are so many people who are so bored and/or emotionally hollow that they would travel the land at night in search of macroing toons and kill them just to kill them. They receive no benefit from the arrangement, other than wasting purple potions, and to satisfy their own sadistic desires to cause others to be sad.

Hint: If you are one of these people, I forgive you, and am sad for you. I will be macroing again tonight; please stop by.
I think the back right room of a patio house is just like a small house. The center tile of that one room is unreachable by pots and such if there is no land dips or water nearby.

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

Is this pic not valid? I had thought these to be the safe houses for macroing. I am sure a small house is the safest on flat land no fip no water ect.. but would be nice if this pic was true as well
Attachments
file.jpeg
file.jpeg (98.33 KiB) Viewed 7257 times

VendKing

Post by VendKing »

is this accurate? i just came up with some gold from an idoc and need to know which house is safe before i buy?

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

VendKing wrote:is this accurate? i just came up with some gold from an idoc and need to know which house is safe before i buy?
Haha I was just killed during the last .1 of my Mage macro, got to 100 before death.

It turns out Ash is probably right about Patio safe spots.. back room middle tile. . I was in the back room in the red zone of that pic and got destroyed by Tax Collector.

So far Small Houses are best for macro. But is seems all houses have flaws unless placed on flat ground away from water ect..

Just don't have anything of value on you when you macro... use a restock agent for regs and other materials you need..

Good Luck!

Oh and Tower + Keep + Castle has No Safe spot.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The center tile of small is most likely the safest spot. It took me a while to figure out the safe spots in patio when I first started, heh heh. I had a couple red neighbors that would always pay me a visit. If it is on flat land the main room next the tables on either side should be safe in the red pic above. Let's just say the multiple slayings per day stopped. It won't work for every patio, but should for flat ones.

The other thing to know about patios is to keep all doors locked. Especially the one to the patio. They will cast telekinesis spell to open it, and the door will open which will grant them LOS. If the door is locked by key, they can't open via spell. Again trial and error, heh heh.

If you macro in patio keep the all doors locked. Keep tight against table barrier in the red areas. Place it on flat land away from water. You should be fine.

If you have a couple reds bothering you, report them for murder and place a small bounty on them. They will get bounty message, and know you just rezzed or are about to. They will swing by after a few minutes to kill you again if they are on. Then pretend you are AFK, so you can figure out what loophole they are using. That's how I finally figured out I had to lock the friggin door, LOL.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

PM Fox on discord (or Forums) to gain access. You can macro here without being house killed due to the LOS mechanic.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”