Last Target bug/side-effect

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mistril

Last Target bug/side-effect

Post by Mistril »

This issue appeared when stealing, the following message appears when trying to excute last target using stealing on a target when next to the player.
"The requested target is out of range, last target not executed!"

Slight trouble shooting:

1) Does not appear to be linked with LOS, as you may go around buildings and come back and steal just fine.

2) You need to be 20-25+ either you or your targeted person and then come right next to each other to excute the steal skill, then your Razor last target. -- This will produce the error quote above.

*After thinking about what could be causing this issue, could be clearing targeting used for monster AI, maybe... just a guess, since I don't know the changes made to UOSA code.

Let me know if you need further testing.

Derrick

Re: Last Target bug/side-effect

Post by Derrick »

Mistril wrote:This issue appeared when stealing, the following message appears when trying to excute last target using stealing on a target when next to the player.
"The requested target is out of range, last target not executed!"

Slight trouble shooting:

1) Does not appear to be linked with LOS, as you may go around buildings and come back and steal just fine.

2) You need to be 20-25+ either you or your targeted person and then come right next to each other to excute the steal skill, then your Razor last target. -- This will produce the error quote above.

*After thinking about what could be causing this issue, could be clearing targeting used for monster AI, maybe... just a guess, since I don't know the changes made to UOSA code.

Let me know if you need further testing.
This would apear to be a Razor issue not a server issue. it's the razor application that is determining that the item is out of range, not the server, Razor is not replying to the target.

Thanks for posting this, I misunderstaood this when we spoke about it yesterday.

You can turn off the range check in Razor fromthe "More Options" tab.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I have been having problems with last target/ target self "in macros" as well. I simplified it and took off auto queue last target/target self in options and simplified my hotkeys to not include any macro but recall. I still have last target and target self set though...razor just doesnt automatically do so in macros however.

Before I couldn't attack whom I was currently engaged with at times and was casting offensively on myself.
:?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mistril

Post by Mistril »

Was there something additional coded into UOSA as RUNUO 2.0 emu does not have this issue with Razor last target?

I will test this with UO's built-in last target system and see if it works fine.

*update*
Tested out UO's built in Last target and everything works fine. But I would suggest looking into what changed the interface with Razor to cause this "bug"/"side-effect" as it does not occur on the RUNUO 2.0 emu basic setup.

// Feel stupid as I should have tried testing out the built-in macros before posting

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In default RunUO 2.0, it's not possible to steal from a container that the server doesn't consider you to have "open", that is not the case on UOSA, or on OSI in 1999. Razor is likely tracking the state of the container for you and protecting you from wasting your target.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."