Spell Lost When target Que Cleared

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
han350z

Spell Lost When target Que Cleared

Post by han350z »

REPORTED ISSUE: Spell cursor and spell disapear

ISSUE DETAILS: When I am pvping and I cast an offensive spell, then if I want to manually target health bar, the cursor disappears along with the loaded spell.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: any enviroment

STEPS TO RECREATE: try Casting ebolt holding the spell then going to target health bar manually and it disappears. It doesnt happen all the time. Its not timing out becasue it is fairly recent after. but i did just target a weaken manually and it disappeared while maahes was watching on test. I notice it most when i am dueling and going for a kill shot I get a hally hit then goto manually target and it disappears. I manually target as to get off a double cast if I need it.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Its hard to say but i duel a lot on test and in the last 24 hours i have lost at least 12 spells.

DATE REPORTED: 1.21.10

DATE STATUS CHANGED:
anal_Leakage

Derrick

Re: Spell Lost When target Que Cleared

Post by Derrick »

You have no razor macro's running that would respond to a target?

The server should not ever clear your target unless there is item use (discussed elsewhere), but the item use target clearing currently is accompanied by a fizzle sound (which is definitely incorrect, and it's planned to be fixed).

My suspicion is that there is something client side causing this, but if anyone else gas seen this, please chime in.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

han350z

Post by han350z »

No its not that I just lost an explosion by hitting last target this time........just in the middle of a fight and it disappeared. on test again.

Edit* Another ebolt casted armed hally released and gone!
Last edited by han350z on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anal_Leakage

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

han350z wrote:No its not that I just lost an explosion by hitting last target this time........just in the middle of a fight and it disappeared. on test again.
You are probably holding your spell too long. There is no reason why your spell target cursor will randomly disappear unless your are forcing an action which would override your current spell cursor.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I actually think this is client-related.

I remember this happening to me on Metropolis, I think. You cast a spell, get the target, and when you move it over the health bar, it disappears, as though the target was "behind" the health bar, and therefore occluded by it.

Do you have the standard client (i.e. the big red button download on the homepage)?

han350z

Post by han350z »

Sandro wrote:
han350z wrote:No its not that I just lost an explosion by hitting last target this time........just in the middle of a fight and it disappeared. on test again.
You are probably holding your spell too long. There is no reason why your spell target cursor will randomly disappear unless your are forcing an action which would override your current spell cursor.

No its not that ....I casted explosion twice durring a duel armed hally ran for hit hit last target and it was gone.
anal_Leakage

han350z

Post by han350z »

Mikel123 wrote:I actually think this is client-related.

I remember this happening to me on Metropolis, I think. You cast a spell, get the target, and when you move it over the health bar, it disappears, as though the target was "behind" the health bar, and therefore occluded by it.

Do you have the standard client (i.e. the big red button download on the homepage)?

I got the client from the uosecondage site.

Thanks for all the help guys
anal_Leakage

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Did getting the new client clear the issue up? Because if not, your spell's probably being voided out when you equip your hally.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

han350z

Post by han350z »

Pristiq wrote:Did getting the new client clear the issue up? Because if not, your spell's probably being voided out when you equip your hally.

Its sparatic and I have had the client off the uosecondage website for some time. its not till recently like the last 2 days has this happened. I have been able to do it on live with weaken but i havent played enough there to make sure its the same.

Although i just fought a lot on test and havent had it happen once in the last 3 hours. its 8pm est now.
anal_Leakage

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Test is really really laggy right now, and for the last few days.

Is this not an issue on the production shard, just on test?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

of course its laggy, the cats keep coming back :?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

han350z

Post by han350z »

i have only been able to loose a weaken spell one time on the real shard but i haven't been pvping much there. And not clear as to how i lost that one........I will keep u posted.

**********Update*********

I have a friend who was playing on live today and he says that everytime he cast ebolt arm hally unequip and manually target that it says, " the target is not close enough " or " target cannot be seen" -and he is one tile away says it works 1 of 3 times.

He is using arm/disarm left hand for hally if that matters. I have noticed this message too sometimes but i notice it when i manually target more then last target.

His arm disarm is set to his mouse wheel just like my Clear target Que is set to my mouse wheel. Can the scrolling of this be messing up the spell causing it to be lost?

I will say I have been using the mouse wheel to clear target que for almost a year and never had an issue till 3 days ago

i just recreated it on live by scrolling the wheel. Y has this changed in the last week?
anal_Leakage

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”