Vendor replace & gold in vendor's account

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
GomerPyle

Vendor replace & gold in vendor's account

Post by GomerPyle »

So I had something like 16k "Gold held in my account" and 0 "Gold held for you". I said "vendor replace" and got a contract for employment, then placed the vendor somewhere else. The gold amounts were then back to the default 1k "Gold held in my account" and 0 "Gold held for you" as if I had just bought the vendor deed from an npc. I then also tested if gold held for you would carry over, and it did not either.

Derrick

Re: Vendor replace & gold in vendor's account

Post by Derrick »

I just tested this and it seems to work properly. And gold "Held for you" is given to you when you redeed him, as if you had collected it. If this is in excess of what you can carry this gold will fall to the ground.

The 16k that was on him was gold that you gave him directly, not gold that was revenue from sold goods?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Derrick wrote:The 16k that was on him was gold that you gave him directly, not gold that was revenue from sold goods?
correct

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Dagon wrote:While vendor replace is active, this should also be active:
The "vendor replace" command was tweaked so that when you replace the vendor, any gold you have not collected goes into your bank. If you are a murderer, it goes into your backpack.

12/23/98 patch notes

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

I just tried this but the gold didn't drop it just remained with the deed.