Stat changes under the 225 cap & possibly skills too

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Severity

Stat changes under the 225 cap & possibly skills too

Post by Severity »

I just wanted to bring up a bug that's bothered me but I keep forgetting to post. In T2A even if you had a stat marked down, it would not decrease until you were at the 225 cap. Here stats will decrease even if you are not capped. This may pertain to skills also but I'm not sure on that.

Nov 10 1998 12:24AM
[*]Stat atrophy will now only happen when you reach the stat cap.
[*]Stat advancement will now occur regardless of your skill level. So even if you are already a grandmaster in a skill, your stats will continue to advance from use of the skill.
[*]Skill atrophy was adjusted so that it picks the least-used skills more often.

Derrick

Re: Stat changes under the 225 cap & possibly skills too

Post by Derrick »

Severity wrote:I just wanted to bring up a bug that's bothered me but I keep forgetting to post. In T2A even if you had a stat marked down, it would not decrease until you were at the 225 cap. Here stats will decrease even if you are not capped and this certainly wasn't how the changes were initially rolled. This may pertain to skills also but I'm not sure on that.

Nov 10 1998 12:24AM
[*]Stat atrophy will now only happen when you reach the stat cap.
[*]Stat advancement will now occur regardless of your skill level. So even if you are already a grandmaster in a skill, your stats will continue to advance from use of the skill.
[*]Skill atrophy was adjusted so that it picks the least-used skills more often.
Yeah, I think you are correct on stats, this is of course all pre-stat locks, but stat locks are out of era anyway.

You can gain stats on UOSA whenever a skill is marked up, even if GM, however lower skills do gain stats much faster.

With the indroduction skill locks I wonder if the skill atrophy formula still applied?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Severity

Post by Severity »

I believe atrophy did apply the same way. I used to go away and set a macro and if I was at 30 int it wouldn't go down until I was at 100 95 str dex with the skill lock marked down. Are skill /stat locks really out of era? I always thought that was introduced pretty early in T2A like the major patch that overhauled everything after T2A was released.

Edit** Amazing it seems to be a UO:R enhancement.

Faust

Post by Faust »

This is something that should be dealt with when the skill/stat system in the demo is fully decompiled in my opinion. :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

[quote="Severity"]Are skill /stat locks really out of era?[quote]
Skill locks are in era, stat locks are out of era but were left in just to avoid confusion. Hemperor came up with a good solution to this issue of confusion and we will likely be taking them out.

When the locks are changed a message will be sent that the stat locks do not function. There is no eta for this change.

You could of course in era control stat gains using skill locks, so the stat locks are kind of superfluous anyway.

A correct Stat atrophy system will have to be developed in order to make these changes.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."