Fishing - SoS/MiB bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
drunk elf

Fishing - SoS/MiB bug

Post by drunk elf »

I fished up about 8 or so MiB/SoS bottles with my GM fisherman 100.0 skill. My fisherman does not have the best magic casting and was not geared up. I did not know if you needed fishing skill to fish up MiBs, so I handed the MiB/SoS bottles to a character with virtually zero fishing skill. The newbie fisherman got to the sextant coordinates of the first MiB and cast his line several times. He failed to catch anything and his fishing skill started going up. I figured he did not have enough skill to fish up the MiB chest. I looked in my pack for the MiB and it was gone! My first thought was that maybe a thief looted it back in town. So I went to a 2nd MiB/SoS location. This time I knew for a fact that I had the bottle in my backpack. I cast the line again several times and failed to catch anything. I looked for the MiB/SoS bottle in my pack and it was gone! I don't believe that it is era accurate for the MiB to be used up (disappear) if you fail repeatedly and never pull up a treasure chest.

Derrick

Re: Fishing - SoS/MiB bug

Post by Derrick »

You should not need any fishing skill to pull up the chest, and the sos should not disappear unless the chest is pulled.

The chest will drop to your feet if it's too heavy to carry, although i doubt you could have missed that.

It would have been interesting to know if there was anything in your journal.

Also, you will not pull up a chest with an MiB in your pack, it must be the SoS that the bottle contains.

Looking into this immediately. Thanks for the report.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

65 fishing is required to fish up the chest. web.archive.org pages arent working for me right now so i cant pull a stratics link from the era but it's def 65 fishing for the chest.

drunk elf

Post by drunk elf »

yes I sort of figured you needed some fishing.

The weird thing was that the Message kept disappearing. It's like it knew I was at the right coordinates and when it failed the check to see if I had enough fishing it did not give me a chest or any of the shipwreck items that you would normally get but at the same time it made the MIB go poof!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This bug was found and fixed in a mini-patch this morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Philley11

Post by Philley11 »

Confused. So do i need fishing skill to fish up a SOS that i bought from a vendor? Also any advice would be great since T2A wiki currently has little to nothing on how to fish up sos. Been fishing a the SOS spot for ten minutes wondering if this is fruitless.....

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Philley11 wrote:Confused. So do i need fishing skill to fish up a SOS that i bought from a vendor? Also any advice would be great since T2A wiki currently has little to nothing on how to fish up sos. Been fishing a the SOS spot for ten minutes wondering if this is fruitless.....
Believe the minimum required for fishing the SOS up (not the MiB) is 65.