A bug avoiding murder counts.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
lemontree

A bug avoiding murder counts.

Post by lemontree »

Basically I was using my tamer with only taming skills and animal lore with 50 magery. My tamer doesn't have any items on her, and when this guy name Gaga using explosion potion killed me a few times it didn't show the murdering report window. I didn't even attack him or anything and he kept just killing me with the exp pot over and over again while i was taming some hounds.

I have noticed he didn't cast a single spell on me but just using exp pot to kill my tamer.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A bug avoiding murder counts.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Did you at least get one gump? You can't repeatedly report people, there is something like a 5 minute delay before you can report the same person again. Also, if you recalled, you can no longer give a murder count. This prevents people from taking damage and then recalling to their house or town to commit suicide and give a count.

Aside from that, I have noticed a few occasions where I was unable to give a count to people (none of which had anything to do with an explosion potion), so there very well could be something wrong here.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Does your character have gold in the bank?
Catskills 97-99

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Could be the guy attacked one of your stray tames, let your creature attack him a few times while tabbing out left the scene and came back so the creature would attack him when he was blue flagging you grey to him.

I heard similar stories about that being done in town.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

the tamer would have to issue a kill command for that to happen, which would make the tamer grey to him anyway.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

There is a bug with this also if you get almost killed by a monster and someone cast an explosion spell on you and you die from that one you dont get any gump to murder count. Just happend to me from Robbb in lichlord room.

Easy to recreate just let a monster almost kill you then cast explosion spell that kills you.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sure a liche didnt cast the explosion spell?

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

I was killed in town at a bank. I died in seconds. I hid, put automap on top of my game screen to look for something, and saw my screen go gray behind automap. Since I was in town, I figured it was purple potion spam. I got no option to report. I had been doing nothing but crafting. He might have killed me with a DP weapon. But it happened too fast in my opinion. I was dead in under 5 seconds in town.

So, point is, I'm not 100% sure it was potions, but I can't think of anything else it could have been. I was also not able to report.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Probably your crafting macro got you killed if there was no gump to report.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

I wasn't macroing. I had just banked the left over resources and hid. Was doing nothing.

And how would a crafting macro get me killed?

He wanted my mare. He killed me, and gated it out. He had two junk characters helping the gating character.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Sure a liche didnt cast the explosion spell?
Yes im 100% sure about that, the liche lord flamestriked me the same time he came true the door so i ran 3 spaces to the left and hide with the skill, then 2 secs later boom dead and no gump.

The lich would have to use some fast cast macro to cast flamestrike and explosion in the same second if it would have been him :)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I died on a new character with 10str some time during the day while macroing hiding. I opened up the good old journal.txt file and found that a player named "forthelulz" (or similar) had tossed a purple pot at me. It was clear by the 3, 2, 1, journal entry etc. His alt character gated him in/out during the process which is also clear in the journal. This was in the middle of a bank mind you, and there is no other way that I could have died and been unable to grant a murder count. Lured monsters would have instantly been guardwhacked by the 10 NPC's surrounding me.

I am starting to think that this bug has something to do with killing a character in one hit. 10 str + purple pot = dead no count. Explosion dealing the final (and only) player-caused damage = dead no count. I'll have to test this a bit when I get home.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for testing, and i will do the same as soon as I can. If a clear exploit is found please contact me privately.

Please do remember though, it's never advisable to be AFK in town (or anywhere) with anything of value on your character.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I died on a new character with 10str some time during the day while macroing hiding. I opened up the good old journal.txt file and found that a player named "forthelulz" (or similar) had tossed a purple pot at me. It was clear by the 3, 2, 1, journal entry etc. His alt character gated him in/out during the process which is also clear in the journal. This was in the middle of a bank mind you, and there is no other way that I could have died and been unable to grant a murder count. Lured monsters would have instantly been guardwhacked by the 10 NPC's surrounding me.

I am starting to think that this bug has something to do with killing a character in one hit. 10 str + purple pot = dead no count. Explosion dealing the final (and only) player-caused damage = dead no count. I'll have to test this a bit when I get home.
FortheLulz and Dimebag Darrell...were you in Skara Brae? I was sure to be next if so had I not moved.
Also tell Gatsu.
A horse for a horse my dear lad... :lol: Thy mount is not thine door... :wink:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

I've seen Blue, Sticky Bandit, diditforthelulz, and generic player doing this with explo potions. They got me one time also and I was not able to give a count. There's clearly an issue with this. Also they're able to do it through the walls of the banks so they're gating into the banks and getting people on the out side of the bank.

Right after I type this Generic Player is gated into Del by Blue and is literally able to chase people around throwing explo pots and doesn't flag grey until he hits someone so you can't even defend yourself without getting guard whacked.

Fix this please.
Last edited by Huzke on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.